Clear Channel

Profile Unclaimed

Exciting place to work

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Plenty of autonomy in your job.

Cons

There are no cons to report.

Engineering assistant

Current Intern - Clear Channel Media + Entertianment in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Intern - Clear Channel Media + Entertianment in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Clear Channel as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I like this job due to you will learing new things everday, and never stay in your cubic for a day, I means u will go to the frild

Cons

does not matter what kind weather or time, when they call u need go

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Board Operator in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Board Operator in Saint Louis Park, MN

I have been working at Clear Channel part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great management and great content.

Cons

they are slightly over staffed, ie: i wish i could get more hours!

If you have the drive to win, you will have all the support and resources you need to achieve your goals.

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

For a sales person, lots of tools and support available. Better resources than any other radio group locally or nationally. You can create your own destiny and can create your own wins. It is not easy to work here, but the culture is not designed to reward people who what “easy.” If you want a challenge and to be paid for true sales performance, this is a great place.

Cons

You must want to work hard and have a lot of will to win. They have more resources, but they also have more responsibilities. If you want to do radio like it has been done in the past, this is NOT the place for you. But if you want to really sell and be paid well for selling big ideas, this IS the place for you.

Continue to reward the high-performers. Take care of the ones creating the wins. Don't mourn for those that leave becasue they want it "easy."

Times change and so have they but one thing remained constant: I never got treated any different!

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fair, good pay, organised and structured.

Cons

as a private company owned by investors, they are all about the bottom line with nothing else in mind. Employees are just numbers.

Work hard, play hard

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have never laughed so hard in my life. I absolutely love coming into work every morning. The people here are incredible--the best I have ever worked with. People have taken a genuine interest in my success and have gone out of their way to make sure that I have the resources I need. I love this company and I love my co-workers!

Cons

I do not have any negatives to say. Clear Channel is in a state of change so for people who do not like to get their hands dirty--this isn't the company for them. But for people who like to work hard, the benefits are amazing. I love my job and I know that I am definitely more than just a number for this company.

Continue to set your top performers up for success. Top performers need to constantly be challenged--continue to give them projects to work on to stimulate their minds. In regards to poor performers, continue to mentor them and mold them into the best possible employee. Allow them to shadow a top performer so they can "learn from the best."

Fun Place to work

Former Employee - Account Executive in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Asheville, NC

I worked at Clear Channel full-time

Pros

Family atmosphere
    Fun to go to work
    Meet music stars
    Creativity to help write radio spots

Cons

Know your market or your chances of being successful are slim

Continue to provide a great work place and continue to inspire your team.

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the poeple that I worked with. Very fun group of employees, who work had but also have a lot of fun. Many company events to attend, and they are fun, not borring!

Cons

Can be hard to sell advertising to small local businesses, especially in touch economic times. It can get someone overly completitive in the office, and if you find a new business...try to keep in on the down low, until the ad's go live.

Best place,ever, to work as an Account Executive!

Current Employee - Local Marketing Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Local Marketing Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management is genuine and extremely helpful. They will bend over backwards to help, and continuously ask if there is anything we need or want from them to help us succeed.

Cons

I can't think of any.

It wouldn't be fair if I gave any advice, as I haven't worked here long enough to have an opinion about upper managing, but so far so good.

Past Face, Fun, Great Co-Workers

Former Employee - Key Account Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Key Account Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun Environment. Lots of Perks such as Concert Tickets, Meeting Celebs and working with DJs

Cons

It is not a typical 8-5 job, sometimes I had worked 24 hours at a time. You are required to be in the office and make appointments and get sales and if needed, entertain clients, attend concerts and then report back to work at 8am. Though it sounds glamorous, it is draining and honestly, I am glad I was a part of such a great company, but I did not have a life at all. No time to date or meet people. Thats why 90% of the employees are not married or divorced. This job takes up all of your time. You are basically all commission as your monthly pay is based on a draw. Clear Channel recently went Private and they reduced the commission by 90% hence I left after 4 years. I LOVED working there, its great if you are young and single and motivated.

Management is the best! They are so fun! But they are also very deadline driven. You can play all day but you must bring results or you get let go pretty fast. HUGE turn over. This job is for someone who can play hard and work hard. I loved it there! I had to move on and eventually get a life of my own :)