Clear Channel

Clear Channel Reviews in San Antonio, TX

Updated May 29, 2014

Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman

Bob Pittman

Pros
  • I enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close(in 13 reviews)

• lots of good people at my job place(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Outside of upper management and AM personalities, the pay is very disappointing(in 21 reviews)

• No room for growth and they don't like to pay very well unless you're in upper management(in 7 reviews)

15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Marketing/Promotions Intern

Marketing/Promotions Intern (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsI enjoyed getting to sit in meetings and discuss ideas for promotions, etc.

ConsIt was sometimes the "fetch my coffee" type of internship, and I spent a lot of time doing work like cleaning out closets, etc. Internship also unpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude interns in brainstorming sessions more!

Up and Down depending on local management

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsNew products, lots of variety of products, large company research assets.fun people

ConsSelf insured, too many sellers, lack of support staff,inexperienced management, use you then loose you mentality, lacks technical infrastructure and no budgets to fix.lots of ideas but no follow through, and negative annual commission changes.

meh....

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThey paid me on time and were flexible with scheduling. They gave us free food periodically

Consnot a lot of opportunities to move within the it organization and very limited room for advancement.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved the environment and was able to grow and learn so many useful skills

Producer (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsMy coworkers were great and life long connections. I

ConsNot much really although the lay offs were pretty scary times.

Straightforward, low pay, no growth opportunities

Network Operations Analyst (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsPays when promised, not much to say.

ConsHighly political atmosphere, animosity between departments, little opportunity for growth or promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementThings have changed a lot since I left Clear Channel. Its sale changed the day-to-day quite a bit. I wouldn't have any advice for new management.

The Bottom Line Is Not The Employees

IT Desktop Support (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGood people to work with in a great work environment.

ConsBain Capital and out sourcing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency

Work hard, play hard

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsI have never laughed so hard in my life. I absolutely love coming into work every morning. The people here are incredible--the best I have ever worked with. People have taken a genuine interest in my success and have gone out of their way to make sure that I have the resources I need. I love this company and I love my co-workers!

ConsI do not have any negatives to say. Clear Channel is in a state of change so for people who do not like to get their hands dirty--this isn't the company for them. But for people who like to work hard, the benefits are amazing. I love my job and I know that I am definitely more than just a number for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to set your top performers up for success. Top performers need to constantly be challenged--continue to give them projects to work on to stimulate their minds. In regards to poor performers, continue to mentor them and mold them into the best possible employee. Allow them to shadow a top performer so they can "learn from the best."

Solid media & entertainment company to Grow with lots of Opportunity awaiting

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsFantastic portfolio, friendly helpful colleagues - amazing, motivating & supportful corporate team. Clear Channel gives you the tools you need for the tooolbox - but it's up to you where, when and how to build the empire.

ConsI don't see many cons - as with any sales career, there will always be ups and downs, but the right talent will conquer through it and not let it bring you down.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see a little more support from management on an organizational level. I would also like to see the AE's that are unhappy and complaining about their jobs - to find another job so they stop bringing others down around them.

The team I worked with were as knowledgeable as any I have ever encountered.

Network Engineer (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThis is a fast-paced company that provides a lot of experience with many different technology platforms. It is a great place to add "tools" to your personal "toolkit".

ConsInformation technology decisions are made by accountants and upper management that have little or no idea the impact their decisions will have.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your IT team leads. Many times what sounds financially sound on paper up front brings hidden costs down the road that are cost prohibitive.

Best place,ever, to work as an Account Executive!

Local Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsManagement is genuine and extremely helpful. They will bend over backwards to help, and continuously ask if there is anything we need or want from them to help us succeed.

ConsI can't think of any.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt wouldn't be fair if I gave any advice, as I haven't worked here long enough to have an opinion about upper managing, but so far so good.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!