ClearEdge Power

David Wright

Overall positive

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at ClearEdge Power full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company gave me a wide variety of tasks to complete, very self guided learning and growth. Good teamwork among colleagues. Mid-level management performed well.

Cons

Funding, lack of funding, funds running out... etc... subsequent funding based layoffs

Bankrupt

I have been working at ClearEdge Power full-time

Pros

Learned a lot, very interesting technology

Cons

unexpected lay offs, long days for some

I worked at ClearEdge Power

Pros

A great group of employees doing everything they can to launch a new product. There were many days with long work hours, but when we achieved our customer requirements it was really satisfying.

Cons

The CEO and his direct staff made decisions that did not make sense with the reality of what was going on with the business. Promises were made to employees that were never delivered, and the Venture Capitalist did not seem to know or understand the great breakthroughs and accomplishments that had taken place.

Be truthful and honest with employees - don't just give lip service. Be cautious when working for Venture Capitalists - their goals and objectives do not always align with yours.

May be good again after bankruptcy sale.

Former Employee - Engineer in South Windsor, CT
    Former Employee - Engineer in South Windsor, CT

I worked at ClearEdge Power full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great product with potential to become profitable in the near future. Lots of intelligent and dedicated employees. Good pay and fair benefits. If the bankruptcy sale results in new management with the capability to create a profitable business this could be a good place to work once again.

Cons

Company was finically mismanaged. Went bankrupt even though sales and technical development was proceeding to plan.

Executive Team Had No Plan

Current Employee - Anonumous in South Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Anonumous in South Windsor, CT

I have been working at ClearEdge Power full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people were excellent to work with. Job was challenging and fun.

Cons

Job uncertainty, management knew little about technology they were working with. Also knew too little about budgeting and finance.

Fire yourselves.

Disappointed

I worked at ClearEdge Power

Pros

Great employees, technology and potential to be successful.

Cons

Privately funded. Upper management does not communicate effectively.

Trust your employees and product.

A BIG JOKE,VERY MISLEAD AND LIED TO BY CLEAREDGE

Former Employee - Fuel Cell Mechanic/Tester in South Windsor, CT
    Former Employee - Fuel Cell Mechanic/Tester in South Windsor, CT

I worked at ClearEdge Power full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great technology, most people put their heart and soul into this product.This company was better when it was led by UTC.

Cons

Trying to interpret what David Wright was thinking, all nothing but hearsay,ifs ands or buts or maybes about the future of this company and its employees.I had close to 30 years with UTC overall and then get propelled into this 3 ring circus of a company and now because of poor leadership myself and many others who don't have a college education will have to seek work potentially earning only a fraction of what was made on a hourly/yearly basis.All the vacation time earned ,seniority and other benefits GONE!!!!!!!

Sell this company to someone that has the capital and the resources to make it successful.This is terrific technology to let go to waste and to disappoint all the former UTC Power employees who put in alot of time effort and dedication over the years.Give another outfit a chance to bring back the previous workforce and to keep this product being made in the USA with workers that have the knowhow making this product.

Nightmare Executives had no clue about Fuel Cells

Former Employee - Operations in South Windsor, CT
    Former Employee - Operations in South Windsor, CT

I worked at ClearEdge Power full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The short while working there the people were great, extremely smart and excited about the company growing.

Cons

Executive Management wae completely non-existent from our two other Plant operations in CT & OR. Zero communication and a lot of false promises. The Executives received $36 million dollars in funding to grow the company and 2 months later they file chapter 11 bankruptcy and 350+ people out of a job, The Executives we so negligent in their communication to other plant Senior Management teams that they hired people 1 to 4 weeks prior to closing the doors. Good people who left solid jobs and solid companies.

Change your careers and stop ruining peoples lives. I will forever stay clear of venture capital ran organizations!!!! It was my first and last experience.

Short but semi-sweet, 5 months and out.

Former Employee - Fuel Cell Technician in South Windsor, CT
    Former Employee - Fuel Cell Technician in South Windsor, CT

I worked at ClearEdge Power full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learn something new every day, most people truly cared about the product quality, and the people I worked with. Pay was good but the bennies were average at best. The technology is incredible and just needs to be produced at a lesser cost.

Cons

COMMUNICATION. The executives legally stole their salaries, no clue how to run a manufacturing business. Way too top heavy. As of 4/24/14 I, like many others that I care about, no longer have a job at ClearEdge Power of South Windsor, CT due to Bankruptcy.

Sell this business to someone that knows how to make it successful so hundreds of people can go back to work. PLEASE!!! David Wright is a "SNAKE OIL SALESMAN". Sells a pretty picture then steals the money and runs. Came to the South Windsor Facility last week and would not show his face. COWARD!!! What happened to all the orders David Wright said were signed??? I bet the patents were sold to Sumsung, no wonder they visited so many times.

Awesome potential ruined by incompetent executive management

Former Employee - Field Service in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Field Service in Portland, OR

I worked at ClearEdge Power full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The potential of the product and the good it could have done
    Benefits
    Some good people trying their all to make it work

Cons

Executive management were incompetent and had their heads in the sand. They ignored the message and advice given by the people who knew what was going on and what it would take to make the product successful.

Learn how to run a high tech start up. You need to learn how to lead, inspire and manage. Simply buying the latest iPhone and MacBook Air every year will not guarantee success.