ClearSlide

Updated August 12, 2014
Updated August 12, 2014

ClearSlide CEO / Co-Founder Al Lieb
Al Lieb

Pros
  • Beautiful views, fun outings, good people/high energy, company product is awesome (in 5 reviews)

• Sales people show up everyday, with hard working, honest intentions (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • We have no one to copy a strategy or business model from (in 5 reviews)

• Half baked go to market strategy (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive experience and only getting better

Current Employee - Engineering  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- Interesting, challenging, and NEW problems to work on within engineering
    - Extensive opportunities for growth as an individual and organization
    - Access to leadership and cross-functional collaboration
    - Extremely friendly people who are willing to share their knowledge/time

Cons

- Lots of people in sales seem to complain on here but it's likely their first job carrying a quota in enterprise software
    - Challenges with prospecting into sales orgs, but from what I understand reps here get paid above market and are obtaining valuable experience

Great Workplace !

Pros

Clearslide is a Great Workplace !

Cons

Not much to complain about Clearslide

Growing Fast!

Current Employee - Corporate SDR  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate SDR in San Francisco, CA

Pros

As you can see in many of these reviews that the company went through some obvious growing pains. Current morale in the office is very good. Recently upgraded their compensation package - I found my salary was much higher than what I currently see on Glassdoor. Brand new office with awesome views of the Bay Bridge and Treasure Island. Revamped training programs to help employees grow. $50M in Series C funding and high hopes for a IPO from senior management. I have a great outlook for the company's future and think management was very responsive to making ClearSlide a great place to work!

Cons

There is a fun vibe but in the end of the day senior management is business and metrics focused especially on the sales floor. Be prepared to work at a startup pace!

Keep listening and keep pushing forward!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic Experience

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great people, Killer product, Flexible time-off

Cons

Stressful, difficult sell, rushed sales cycle

Move to quarterly quota

Focused, Determined, and Willing to Succeed

Former Employee - Sales  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The only pro that you need to know if you are considering a career in sales is that you will learn from some of the hardest working franchise players in the Bay Area. If you want to play ping pong all day there is a really cool table tennis spot in North Beach called AMDT PING PONG. I believe they even sell Ben and Jerry's.

Sales people show up everyday, with hard working, honest intentions. Helmets are on in an effort to maximize customer interaction whether it is from a support or sales perspective-connectivity is trending.

Cons

The role was not a specific match for myself. I do not feel the need to complain about a growing company that provides significant opportunity to hard work employees. I write my darkest thoughts in my journal.

There are some employees on the corporate side that show up everyday and reveal a work ethic that is unmatched in the Bay Area from a sales perspective. Bring these people close and continue on.

ClearSlide rocks

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

challenging, opportunity for growth and promotion, early stages of what will be a large, important company

Cons

intense culture, lots of changes

communicate the strategy behind changes more clearly
    keep building a kick ass company that's changing how people sell for the better

ClearSlide will be a household name

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales

Pros

Amazing solution with a powerful value proposition
    Disruptive
    Positive, transparent culture
    Lots of growth opportunities
    In a few years, ClearSlide will be a "must have" for sales people everywhere
    Rocket ship

Cons

Bring your A-game
    Sleep when you're dead
    Here, you hustle

Keep the culture of excellence and execution
    Keep innovating
    Let the org structure bake
    All the changes are for the better, but they sometimes come too quickly.

Not for everyone, but I've had a blast

Pros

-Great office locations
    -Impressive senior leadership team
    -Really, really good work parties (rented part of Giants stadium for xmas party 2012)
    -Recognition and rewards for top performers
    -Continual improvements based off employee feedback
    -Hours, in at 8am out at 5pm
    -Cool people (yea some frat and bro stuff, but I was never in a frat and don't consider myself a bro and get along with pretty much everyone)
    -Fun spiffs/contests/prizes and team outings relatively often
    -Still small enough that your work can make a noticeable impact

Here's what you need to know about ClearSlide. This is not an easy job, any job at ClearSlide is not easy. But that's kind of what makes it rewarding. You come work here to gain skill-sets you didn't have before or improve on ones you have. You figure out how to overcome difficult challenges and you develop yourself even more. If you're looking for a job that you can just sit back and collect a paycheck without putting in hard work this place is not for you. Everyone I know that likes working at ClearSlide (which there are a lot of, this board leads you to believe there aren't) is super positive, self-motivated, hard working, and knows how to get things done.

Cons

-Starting to get bureaucratic, things take longer than they should
    -Communication barriers. Company is split between three offices. It's difficult to communicate change and new processes to everyone.
    -Dress code. Not terrible, but could be better.
    -Pay, while ok, could be better
    -Product updates. I guess this ties back to communication, but need to do a better job communicating updates to the platform to both employees and customers.

A lot of the negativity seems to stem from sales teams. Work on developing processes that are bullet proof and back them up. Pay more attention to what your customers need to be successful with the product as opposed to what we need. Other than that keep up the fun events and parties, hold more company meetings (but make them shorter, please), and keep recognizing top performers.

Awesome People and Awesome Product Awesome to Sell

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Everyone who works there want to be there. People are confident in the product and the future of the company and that makes it easier to sell. Management is hands on and willing to take the time to coach and help close which doesn't happen at most companies.

Cons

Right now we are spilt in 2 different buildings until they can find an office space to accomodate all of us and it would be nice to be back all under one roof

Even more coaching and sales focused training sessions would be beneficial to more junior employee

So far so good!

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Stellar training program. First few weeks are super intense, but in a good way. They have invested a great deal of time and energy into training. Word is that the CEO and senior level execs took prior Glassdoor reviews with harsh critiques of the company seriously, which prompted them to initiate an entire training program that is led by prior top performers in the company. You won't hit the sales floor until your product knowledge is bullet proof, which means you have to pass both written and verbal certifications on the product before you can move to the sales floor.

Management and the product team listens to feedback from employees and customers. Product team integrates feedback to make refinements and new functionality to the product. The entire company is very data-driven, primarily because the product itself has a backend analytics component to it.

The entire company from sales reps to customer service/adoption specialists use the product in almost all customer interactions because it really does help people sell better. It's cool to work at a company that practices what it preaches by having everyone use the tool for all external facing communication.

There is a great deal of autonomy on the sales floor and it's unique to find that ClearSlide's sales culture is one of supporting one another, rather than competing with one another. I was really concerned about this specific issue prior to accepting my offer, but after initiating a few conversations with other sales managers and AEs, it turned out that everyone was really open and transparent about sharing best practices. Cool cultural thing: a bell is rung and everyone claps every time someone hits goal. If you're a rep, it will definitely be a positive eye-opening experience to see how much collaboration, sharing, and friendly work happens internally here.

Everyone in every department is always willing to help and provide feedback. The company is expanding quickly. In the past 6 months there have been two major acquisitions: SlideRocket & Crunched. The executive team and other key managers are doing their best to be intentional about how the company grows. They recognize the importance of having great leaders in place who know not only what to do, but how to do it so that the company still retains its hard-working, open, transparent, and collaborative culture.

BTW - If you have any doubts about joining the ClearSlide team because of previous Glassdoor reviews, make sure to ask lots of questions during the interview process. Don't be afraid - if you don't ask and reach out, you won't ever know! In fact, it's your responsibility to ask if you don't know or feel unsure about something! Better to be armed with information than to accept an offer or turn down an interview with an assumption that may or may not be true.

A note about work-life balance: for the first few weeks of training, you won't really have a life outside of studying to pass certifications you need before they'll let you work on the sales floor. This really is for your own good (so I've found) because the people who fail are the ones who don't know the product inside and out.

There are some great fitness perks as well: pilates & yoga each one day a week; boot camp twice a week. It's probably safe to say the company prioritizes the healthiness of everyone here: the refrigerator is always stocked with sparkling water and juice rather than soda. Also, the pantry is stuffed full of trail mix, nuts, pretzels, and fruit rather than candy and corn chips. At the end of the month, lunch is usually catered in as well.

Overall, my experience has been fantastic working here. This company is definitely poised for long-term growth. I love working hard, but ClearSlide is the first place where the bar is set so high that I'm having to go above and beyond by working smarter to really stand out. It's an awesome feeling if you want to challenge yourself. And the views -- the views are AMAZING! Reminds me every day why I love working in San Francisco.

Cons

The bar is set super high during the first few weeks of training. Definitely not for the faint of heart. Sometimes managers say that ClearSlide prioritizes a culture of feedback, but there are some managers who like to dish feedback but not hear it in return. However, this really is few and far between.

Like most jobs, it really depends on the manager you're working under and the team you'll be working with. If you don't think you'll be compatible with any of the people interviewing you or you don't mesh with the culture or other people in the company during your interactions here, listen to your gut. Otherwise, if you're willing to do the work, ask for help, and not complain when things get tough, you'll do well here.

Thank you for listening to all the feedback from us as employees. Continue to focus on adapting ClearSlide for the post-PC era (read: mobile devices) because that's the only way the company will stay competitive in the long-term. Also, continue investing in training and retention. The company will grow faster and retain its amazing culture if you do. Finally, check in with the team to give a State of the Union more often, especially as we continue to grow. This helps us all feel motivated about where we're going as a company and motivates us to work harder and smarter to get there.

Worked for ClearSlide? Contribute to the Community!