ClearSlide Reviews

68 reviews filtered by
3.1
ClearSlide CEO / Co-Founder Al Lieb
Al Lieb

Pros
  • Smart, hard-working coworkers, many of whom are very passionate about working here (in 7 reviews)

• Beautiful views, fun outings, good people/high energy, company product is awesome (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • We have no one to copy a strategy or business model from (in 5 reviews)

• Half baked go to market strategy (in 3 reviews)

1. ClearSlide is an Amazing Startup

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love the product- the applications are endless and it really is the leader in its industry
    The people are awesome! Young company with lots of energy and optimism
    Fun events and activities from baseball games, happy hours, and cool company trips- the perks are great! Unlimited vacation, fitness subsidy, healthy snacks and meals, fitness classes and intramural sports teams!
    Great sense of community- we celebrate wins together
    I like that teams collaborate a lot! Our product team works closely with Customer Success and Engineering works a lot with Sales- lots of cross-department activity.
    I cannot emphasize how amazing the people are at ClearSlide- smart, outgoing and driven group of people who like the startup culture!
    The office and the view are incredible! Everyone who comes into the office is amazed by the breathtaking view of the San Francisco Bay.

Cons

Not too many- ClearSlide is a growing company getting our name out more with marketing and getting more public recognition for our awesome products.

Keep up the perks, keep hiring amazing and driven people, and keep up the open communication- it is working well!

2. Lots of changes and gaining momentum

Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

For the last half-year, I've been observing a lot of change in the culture and overall drive. New executive and top leadership are talented and inspiring, and the general vibe is that the company is on the right track for success.
    Collaboration within teams and across teams are generally positive and there are no sign of internal competition or egocentric behavior. There is a good feeling that we are all in to be successful together.
    Unlimited PTO policy is great and works if you coordinate well with management.
    There are internal programs to elevate personal interest such as volunteer work to support Veterans, LGBT communities, homelessness and environmental initiatives.

Cons

Legacy internal systems and processes are not 100% prepared to scale. Some work needs to be done (and it's being done) to refine the internal systems to be run more accurately and efficiently. Benefits package is excellent but not top in the industry (ie. does't have a commuter discount program in place).

Keep doing the great work. Maintain a positive momentum going and the staff exciting about the product and the personal success.

3. ClearSlide is a rewarding place to work.

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Since I started, ClearSlide has grown substantially in terms of headcount, product, and infrastructure. Growth presents challenges. Leadership hasn’t always handled challenges perfectly, but they have sought to understand their employees’ frustrations and implement changes for the better. If actions speak louder than words, then the marked improvements that follow biannual company-wide surveys make a statement about leadership’s priorities.

From a career growth perspective, ClearSlide is a meritocracy in the truest sense. The strongest performers are promoted, so young talent often has the opportunity to learn from senior sales leadership. Every day on the job is an invaluable education because ClearSlide’s sales process requires a rep to be disciplined across the entire sales cycle. As a result of these learning opportunities, ClearSlide consistently produces extremely high-caliber talent.

ClearSlide’s product is unparalleled. Those that suggest it is ‘nice-to-have’ are making excuses for sales inadequacies. Even the most disgruntled former employees bring ClearSlide to their new companies because it is head and shoulders above the competition.

Cons

If you are considering a job at ClearSlide, you’re probably looking at this site to see what it is like to work here. In my opinion, it is a great place to work, but don’t take my word for it. Talk to everyone you can: customers, employees, former employees, investors, or literally any primary source.

Extend the boundaries of your research beyond Glassdoor. That applies to any job search, not just ClearSlide. Make the effort to form an educated opinion about the place you’re about to spend over half your waking hours. You won’t regret it.

Stay the course

Positive experience and only getting better

Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Interesting, challenging, and NEW problems to work on within engineering
    - Extensive opportunities for growth as an individual and organization
    - Access to leadership and cross-functional collaboration
    - Extremely friendly people who are willing to share their knowledge/time

Cons

- Lots of people in sales seem to complain on here but it's likely their first job carrying a quota in enterprise software
    - Challenges with prospecting into sales orgs, but from what I understand reps here get paid above market and are obtaining valuable experience

Great Workplace !

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Clearslide is a Great Workplace !

Cons

Not much to complain about Clearslide

Growing Fast!

Current Employee - Corporate SDR in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate SDR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As you can see in many of these reviews that the company went through some obvious growing pains. Current morale in the office is very good. Recently upgraded their compensation package - I found my salary was much higher than what I currently see on Glassdoor. Brand new office with awesome views of the Bay Bridge and Treasure Island. Revamped training programs to help employees grow. $50M in Series C funding and high hopes for a IPO from senior management. I have a great outlook for the company's future and think management was very responsive to making ClearSlide a great place to work!

Cons

There is a fun vibe but in the end of the day senior management is business and metrics focused especially on the sales floor. Be prepared to work at a startup pace!

Keep listening and keep pushing forward!

8. Fantastic Experience

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, Killer product, Flexible time-off

Cons

Stressful, difficult sell, rushed sales cycle

Move to quarterly quota

Focused, Determined, and Willing to Succeed

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClearSlide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only pro that you need to know if you are considering a career in sales is that you will learn from some of the hardest working franchise players in the Bay Area. If you want to play ping pong all day there is a really cool table tennis spot in North Beach called AMDT PING PONG. I believe they even sell Ben and Jerry's.

Sales people show up everyday, with hard working, honest intentions. Helmets are on in an effort to maximize customer interaction whether it is from a support or sales perspective-connectivity is trending.

Cons

The role was not a specific match for myself. I do not feel the need to complain about a growing company that provides significant opportunity to hard work employees. I write my darkest thoughts in my journal.

There are some employees on the corporate side that show up everyday and reveal a work ethic that is unmatched in the Bay Area from a sales perspective. Bring these people close and continue on.

10. ClearSlide rocks

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

challenging, opportunity for growth and promotion, early stages of what will be a large, important company

Cons

intense culture, lots of changes

communicate the strategy behind changes more clearly
    keep building a kick ass company that's changing how people sell for the better

11. ClearSlide will be a household name

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing solution with a powerful value proposition
    Disruptive
    Positive, transparent culture
    Lots of growth opportunities
    In a few years, ClearSlide will be a "must have" for sales people everywhere
    Rocket ship

Cons

Bring your A-game
    Sleep when you're dead
    Here, you hustle

Keep the culture of excellence and execution
    Keep innovating
    Let the org structure bake
    All the changes are for the better, but they sometimes come too quickly.