ClearSlide Reviews

Reset
3.6
ClearSlide CEO / Co-Founder Al Lieb
Al Lieb

Pros
  • They are so hard working and fun to spend your day around (in 7 reviews)

• Clearslide really believes in an excellent work life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • We have no one to copy a strategy or business model from (in 5 reviews)

• Sales training happens sporadically once you hit the sales floor (in 4 reviews)

1. Not ideal

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team mates, great snacks, full benefits

Cons

impossible quotas, no tools, no support from management, no clear sales process

Advice to Management

listen to your employees

Happy to be a part of this big team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Clear collaboration across all departments - the 'One Team, One Dream' mentality is real
    - The people we bring on are passionate about the company and its goals but are also genuinely supportive of the growth of each individual team member, too
    - If you put in hard work, in which ever role you are in, you are loved and acknowledged from your team on up to our CEO. When you win, everyone wins!
    - Great benefits including fitness subsidies, PTO, and health insurance
    - I love coming into the office knowing that I'll learn something new whether it is directly related to my role or helps me grow as a person. This is all possible because of the exceptionally bright team I get to be a part of each day

Cons

Each role has its pain points but what job doesn't? Utilize the ability to meet with your manager in your one-on-one's or visit our execs during office hours to express concerns about your role or if you have an idea or solution that could benefit the company, share it. A few too many people don't feel like they're being heard but maybe it's that they aren't making the moves to voice themselves

Advice to Management

Make time for your team. Keep up the promises you made to each person when they first came onboard or strive to maintain their excitement and passion that they came in with -- that's your gold right there.

Headed in the right direction and a great place to grow

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot:
    1) Great product with a huge addressable market
    2) People are genuinely kind to each other
    3) Great spiffs, recognition and praise for your acconplishments
    4) Great cross-team collaboration on deals -- I didn't see this at my last company
    5) Constant training and focus on helping the team
    6) Everyone likes hanging out with each other
    7) Very synergistic and productive relationship between sales and engineering
    8) As a sales rep, you'll be constantly in demand by other employers and turning down job offers since employers know that ClearSlide sales = no joke

Cons

1) This is not an easy job. I hate to sound like someone's mother but be prepared to grind it out. Totally worth it though
    2) As another review mentioned, some of the legacy systems and older processes aren't scalable but...

What I love about ClearSlide is that management fundamentally wants us to be happy and wants to make it work for us so they're always open to changes and ideas that will simplify things and improve our workflow. Love that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Whatever happened in the past doesn't matter now because the company is on the right track and everyone is working super well together

Account Executive

I have been working at ClearSlide

Pros

Love the folks I work with. Never a dull moment.

This job is hard as hell, but you can succeed if you are the type of person that knows they can.

Pay is good, club trips are fun, and when you're winning the company truly recognizes you.

Cons

High turnover causes low moral. It sucks when people around you aren't winning, so you have to have tough skin.

Advice to Management

Steer the course, keep trying, and look in the mirror before pointing any fingers.

Account Executive

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well, there are not many. it is near the MUNI and Bart stop. The office has a great view of the bay.

Cons

This company is run by children. Middle management is clueless. Unlimited PTO means, you don't get PTO. There is no collaboration, no development, and certainly no leadership. I hate every moment that I am here.

Advice to Management

Why waste my time. They will not listen

Unclear Future for ClearSlide

I have been working at ClearSlide

Pros

Lots of nice people and customers like the product.

Cons

Many are clueless on strategy and are too overwhelmed. This is normal in a startup environment but with so many people getting fired and/or quitting, on top of being disorganized, there are tons of roadblocks and progress is slow. Also, some of the new leadership demonstrate lack understanding of the product and respect for current employees.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and communicate. The environment can be very secretive and uncomfortable.

Pretty solid place to work with good opportunities for advancement and skill building

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ClearSlide is full of fun and interesting people. If I need a 5 minute break, I can do a lap around the office and have a great intellectual conversation with one of my peers, then get back to work. It's rejuvenating to work with such cool people. I also like riding the shuttle to and from work (I save 2 grand a year on not riding BART!) and the free snacks aren't bad. Best of all, when I go home on a Friday I don't have to take my work with me. I don't mind working hard all week, but when the week is over I cherish my me-time.

Cons

As the company grows, it is getting increasingly corporate, and sometimes we spend a whole day talking about "refining our go-to-market strategy by forming team engage" and other buzzwords.

Advice to Management

ClearSlide has too much management. This company is crazy top heavy. I can't imagine all of these managers and directors are necessary.

9. Enjoying being part of a growth-stage startup attacking a big market with a great group of people.

Current Employee - Product in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Big market opportunity
    - Customers LOVE the product
    - High-integrity management team
    - Smart team building the product and selling it
    - New leadership that is having a real impact

Cons

- Product looks a bit dated, but the team is making improvements
    - Go-to-market still evolving

Advice to Management

Delegate more - let groups make more autonomous decisions.

10. ClearSlide is an Amazing Startup

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the product- the applications are endless and it really is the leader in its industry
    The people are awesome! Young company with lots of energy and optimism
    Fun events and activities from baseball games, happy hours, and cool company trips- the perks are great! Unlimited vacation, fitness subsidy, healthy snacks and meals, fitness classes and intramural sports teams!
    Great sense of community- we celebrate wins together
    I like that teams collaborate a lot! Our product team works closely with Customer Success and Engineering works a lot with Sales- lots of cross-department activity.
    I cannot emphasize how amazing the people are at ClearSlide- smart, outgoing and driven group of people who like the startup culture!
    The office and the view are incredible! Everyone who comes into the office is amazed by the breathtaking view of the San Francisco Bay.

Cons

Not too many- ClearSlide is a growing company getting our name out more with marketing and getting more public recognition for our awesome products.

Advice to Management

Keep up the perks, keep hiring amazing and driven people, and keep up the open communication- it is working well!

11. Lots of changes and gaining momentum

Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the last half-year, I've been observing a lot of change in the culture and overall drive. New executive and top leadership are talented and inspiring, and the general vibe is that the company is on the right track for success.
    Collaboration within teams and across teams are generally positive and there are no sign of internal competition or egocentric behavior. There is a good feeling that we are all in to be successful together.
    Unlimited PTO policy is great and works if you coordinate well with management.
    There are internal programs to elevate personal interest such as volunteer work to support Veterans, LGBT communities, homelessness and environmental initiatives.

Cons

Legacy internal systems and processes are not 100% prepared to scale. Some work needs to be done (and it's being done) to refine the internal systems to be run more accurately and efficiently. Benefits package is excellent but not top in the industry (ie. does't have a commuter discount program in place).

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great work. Maintain a positive momentum going and the staff exciting about the product and the personal success.

RSS Feed </> Embed