ClearSlide

ClearSlide Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

ClearSlide CEO / Co-Founder Al Lieb

Al Lieb

Pros
  • Beautiful views, fun outings, good people/high energy, company product is awesome (in 5 reviews)

• Sales people show up everyday, with hard working, honest intentions (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • We have no one to copy a strategy or business model from (in 5 reviews)

• Half baked go to market strategy (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Product has been better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat views hard working people

ConsRecently the product team has been lackluster. There are too many egos and not enough communication. There have been a number of builds contracted that have not been executed. Customers have to beg to get very reasonable builds completed. The product team put themselves on a pedestal and the constant battle with sales is draining. ClearSlide possesses a very talented product staff capable of remarkable work. The challenge comes from pointing them in the right direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at reorganizing leadership before it's too late.

Positive experience and only getting better

Engineering (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Interesting, challenging, and NEW problems to work on within engineering
    - Extensive opportunities for growth as an individual and organization
    - Access to leadership and cross-functional collaboration
    - Extremely friendly people who are willing to share their knowledge/time

Cons- Lots of people in sales seem to complain on here but it's likely their first job carrying a quota in enterprise software
    - Challenges with prospecting into sales orgs, but from what I understand reps here get paid above market and are obtaining valuable experience

Great Workplace !

ProsClearslide is a Great Workplace !

ConsNot much to complain about Clearslide

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run don't walk

Sales (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFunded is a good thing

ConsWon't be funded forever however

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your resume polished

Growing Fast!

Corporate SDR (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAs you can see in many of these reviews that the company went through some obvious growing pains. Current morale in the office is very good. Recently upgraded their compensation package - I found my salary was much higher than what I currently see on Glassdoor. Brand new office with awesome views of the Bay Bridge and Treasure Island. Revamped training programs to help employees grow. $50M in Series C funding and high hopes for a IPO from senior management. I have a great outlook for the company's future and think management was very responsive to making ClearSlide a great place to work!

ConsThere is a fun vibe but in the end of the day senior management is business and metrics focused especially on the sales floor. Be prepared to work at a startup pace!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening and keep pushing forward!

Extremely Educational

ProsWhat some people seem to forget about ClearSlide is that this company did not exist 5 years ago. "An obvious point", you may be saying to yourself but take a moment to absorb the weight of having to take a company from an idea to product then scale to today's ClearSilde. Imagine having to do this without ever doing it before. Now you are in the shoes of the cofounders. Unlike the product, building a company has a steep learning curve. Mistakes have been made but something I have seen with CS is that mistakes are addressed and for the most point, rectified. That said, CS is not a cakewalk, but if you put your head down and work smart you will succeed and you will learn lessons that you can take with you on your next venture. CS is pioneering a new market and if you are looking for a company a bit more mature, selling a known product in an established market - you may be better off some place else.

ConsCross-departmental communication could be better. Priorities are not aligned but from my understanding this is a work in progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are an asset not a cost. Happy employees equals success. Understand that this isn't the easy place in the valley to call home. The smoke has cleared and the employees still around are not just there for the money. Reciprocate accordingly.

THE REVIEWS ARE TRUE!!!

Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosgrowing with a product that is in high demand. But sales needs big improvement. If the economy pulls in, Clearslide will fall on its face.

Conshorrible, unprofessional people. Very much a fraternity with a small % of people that do are doing really well, while everyone else is treated with zero respect. There are so many better places to work

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach your employees to show having respect

Start-ups are challenging

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStart-ups, like ClearSlide, truly build muscle for success in sales. ClearSlide aspires to create an employee-focused work environment and hire strong talent.

ConsClearSlide's sales platform faces a number of strong competitors in the enterprise marketplace. While there exists few, if any, direct competitors to the ClearSlide technology, sales technology is a crowded space.

Advice to Senior ManagementPatience and realistic goal setting is critical.

A place to catapult your career. If you're strong enough.

Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsMy goal here is to provide insight for those considering a role at Clearslide. Best if done from a career perspective:

***If it's your first or second job out of college:
     - Rarely will you have the opportunity to manage a full sales cycle in the SaaS space in such a short period of time with little to no experience.
     - Excellent access to leadership individuals with extensive backgrounds in sales as mentors. These folks know what their doing and have shown success day in day out.
     - You will never have to search for another sales job in the valley again. You come to Clearslide, you work hard, you show 2nd to top quartile success over a minimum period of 6 months and any company needing a sales rep will choose you over most no matter where you go. Our reputation as top sales professionals has been earned.
     - You'll never fear prospecting again. Ever (if you do now).

***If you are a seasoned sales rep (3 to 7 years):
     - You'll have the opportunity to define your own market and your own customer base.
     - You will have little to no push back on strategy and flavor. If it works for you, get it done.
     - If you are top quartile, your base + commission will have you above most other valley SaaS sales roles at this stage.

***If you are a career sales professional (7 + Years, with a history of preforming at or exceeding quota):
     - The enterprise sales base + commission is both generous and aggressive. The goal is to close business and when business is closed, the juice is worth the squeeze.
     - Excellent leadership with fantastic in the room and out of the room sales guidance. You will be reporting to players that have crushed their goals time and time again and are in the business of it.

Cons1 - The reality is that Clearslide is defining an industry. We have no one to copy a strategy or business model from. There are and will be an infinitesimal amount of issues that arise from this fact alone. It is important to come in with a mind set that prepares you for the peaks and valley's. The difference being that this is a place that will make careers in years to come and set the tone for sales leadership in silicon valley for the next 20 years.

2 - No bean bag chairs.

3 - Not yet an industry standard or name. Hunting is still the name of the sales game and building value within a customers perspective is the only way to win. You can not bank on brand, Yet.

4 - There is NO company that has Clearslide as a budgeted line item product at the beginning of the fiscal year. You will have to carve out that line item and show them the value.

5 - No red bull.

Advice to Senior ManagementProduct! - invest in a massive engineering team that rivals any enterprise level startup in the valley. Pay what must be paid to get the talent needed and then do what it takes to keep them here.

Drive innovation above all else! - Let everyone run with their ideas (especially engineers). If they want to work on some random project for a week that they feel drives value but has not been asked for by customers or is not on the roadmap. Let them do it.

Make customer satisfaction a priority, today! - Invest in your customer success and support teams even more than you do now. They will be the number one way of turning todays customers into life long customers.

Business (sales) Intelligence is our future. - Lets makes sales prescriptive. The BI team is key to our long term success.

Great place to be for those that are willing to put in the effort

Corporate Account Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat office

Exec team is not only open to feedback and criticism they ask you to give it to them straight and they are doing a great job of implementing change

Company is doing an excellent job as a whole of improving (from process, to culture, to compensation, and all across the board)

ConsStill lacking on the support side of the house, you wear many hats as a Corporate Account Exec

Month to month quota is no joke and not for the faint of heart, you will need to grind to be successful

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to solicit feed back from those of us that are in the trenches in regards to the product road map. We need to build out the support side of the house, it is critical in allowing sales to do our job, SELL. This rocket ship is on the right path, we are not there yet but we will be soon

Worked for ClearSlide? Contribute to the Community!