Clearbrook Agency

Updated Feb 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carl M. La Mell

Great Company, makes up for low pay with opportunities, training, and positive work atmosphere.

Case Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Clearbrook Agency full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFriendly and very supportive co workers, very organized, great training, opportunity to advance and transfer within company, lots of opportunity to gain experience.

ConsLow pay, lots of responsibilities and work do not reflect salary but it's a non profit agency, some people on your caseload can be difficult to work with since you work with lots of different people.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Working at Clearbrook is extremely rewarding.

I have been working at Clearbrook Agency full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWhen you work for a non-profit social service agency, you don't expect to get rich however the other benefits help make up for that. I feel good about what I do every single day and I enjoy my job. No two days are ever the same and I am never, ever bored.

ConsI cannot really think of any cons for this agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. This is a progressive company that continues to grow even during difficult economic times.

Employee

I have been working at Clearbrook Agency

ProsThe clients are awesome to work with, there is opportunity for advancement, many programs to choose from when picking a position

ConsThe pay is general pretty low, the staff can be very rude as well as not very understanding, and in my experience the company has repeatedly tried to cheat me out of money for the hours I worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more selective with what employees are hired and pay closer attention to payroll, accounts, and staff monitoring

DSP

DSP (Former Employee)
Glenview, IL

I worked at Clearbrook Agency full-time for more than a year

ProsThe scheduling is fantastic, and I had an overall positive experience with supervisors. The clients are very rewarding to work with.

ConsThe pay of a DSP (in general, not just at Clearbrook) is very low, and difficult to survive on. Also, the DSP's are a part of a Union, which I am not personally fond of, and I experienced the union preventing issues with staff being addressed/written up/followed up on. Some of the other staff were lazy and seemed to have a sense of entitlement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to ensure that all of the DSP's that are working directly with your clients and in your homes are quality staff. Monitor what the DSPs are doing in the homes. Providing a house manager position instead of completely relying on the Q's would also help.

SLA

SLA (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clearbrook Agency part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat schedule, wonderful staff, opportunity for growth.

ConsTraining mostly "trial by fire" but if you have a degree and prior experience you should know what you are doing anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep open communication.

DSP

DSP (Former Employee)

I worked at Clearbrook Agency full-time

Prosthe clients, the management and the schedules

Conssome of the co-workers behave unprofessionally, and there is a union which prevents much discipline

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of the union

Worked as a supportive living assistant

Supportive Living Assistant (Former Employee)
Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Clearbrook Agency full-time for less than a year

ProsGood staff and benefits as well as compensation

ConsSchedule didn't work for me

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job

It is a warm, caring and nurturing work environment.

Palatine, IL

I have been working at Clearbrook Agency

ProsThe management professionals are kind and compassionate and see their employees as people first with families and other obligations. They very often promote from within so the opportunity for advancement is great. Employees who do a good job are rewarded with praise, time off and career opportunities.

ConsSince it is a non-proft, the salary is not as good as it would be if you work for a for profit company.

Clients - awesome; training - largely irrelevant

Supported Living Assistant (Former Employee)
Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I worked at Clearbrook Agency

ProsFlexible work schedules made directly with the families you work with. Really, you work more with the family than you do for Clearbrook.

It can be really rewarding to work with a client for several years and see their growth.

ConsFrequent supervisor changes (through this was due to program growth).

Poor training. I even explained to my manager why the crisis intervention training was irrelevant to most direct client interaction (the skills specifically taught in the training assume that the client has much higher level thinking skills than anyone under the age of 9 could possibly have). I requested similar training that would actually be useful, because I really thought it would be helpful, but was ignored. It made it seem like the training was tokenistic; just there to fulfill government requirements, but not to actually help me do my job.

I really didn't receive any training at all in my actual job duties, so I was really making it up as I went along.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease give actual, relevant training to your supported living assistants. I know you really want to help your clients, and your employees do, too, so please help them do that.

Good learning Expierence

Coordinator (Former Employee)
Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I worked at Clearbrook Agency

ProsGreat people, great learning envriornment, pushed me to look at working in other industries

ConsStressful, would recommend getting more of a system in place of who is utalizing what service

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing a great thing- remember your employees.

Worked for Clearbrook Agency? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clearbrook Agency reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clearbrook Agency CEO Carl M. La Mell. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Clearbrook Agency employees.