Clearleap

Updated January 28, 2015
Updated January 28, 2015
4.2

Braxton Jarratt

Fun company that's successfully making the jump from startup to medium-sized

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Clearleap

Pros

- Great work environment
    - Minimal bureaucracy
    - Smart coworkers
    - Nice new office
    - We have our own pub - it's nice to work through a problem over a beer
    - Reasonable expectations for work hours
    - Mostly good communication about the company and where we're going from the exec level
    - Weekly free lunch gives us a chance to catch up with coworkers in other groups

Cons

- Lots of technical debt to catch up on
    - Still dragging a few people into a more modern approach to architecture/development
    - Hiring is mostly frozen, which makes moving forward with new things challenging
    - Plan changes at the exec level sometimes don't get communicated down effectively/quickly

Keep communicating with the troops.

Jan 7, 2015HR Director

Thank you for your feedback! We also believe that communication is a key component of success, and we're working to improve our internal communication practices in 2015.

Just getting by

I have been working at Clearleap

Pros

Great benefits. Free food. Open and relaxed work environment. Ping pong table, Gym. Friendly people and great possible opportunities. Company stock opportunities.

Cons

Salary freeze. Not sure of current state of the company. No 401K matching. Possible On call situations

Great Job

I have been working at Clearleap part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and down to earth employees, relaxed office culture, hard working team members, good work/life balance

Cons

Process for development could be better, difficult to move up, company is transitioning from a startup to a fully fledged company so it's becoming less human and more business oriented

Focus on your development process, being comfortable is not a good way to innovate

Gratifying, challenging, and rewarding.

I have been working at Clearleap full-time

Pros

I believe the best reason to work for Clearleap is the opportunity for advancement. Talented, hard-working employees are quickly recognized and rewarded. In addition, the work is really interesting - it's an exciting time to be a part of the TV industry, and Clearleap's technology is leading the way in advancement.

Cons

Startups are not for everyone - we have a fast paced environment that requires flexibility and resourcefulness. The challenges can be draining - but for those with entrepreneurial spirits - it's very gratifying.

My experience at Clearleap has been educational, challenging and fun!

Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Clearleap full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Clearleap has many pros including: A flexible schedule to accommodate work/life balance, fun co-workers, exciting work, autonomy to do your job and lots of cool perks.

Cons

There are very few cons that come to mind, but one was the lack of a structured on-boarding process when I joined. Though this has since change and a program has been created, it was something that would have helped.

Please continue to keep up the good work!

Amazing workplace , easygoing co-workers and top notch technology

Former Employee - QA Engineer
    Former Employee - QA Engineer

I worked at Clearleap as a contractor

Pros

The workplace atmosphere clearly is the best. Very flexible , with great co-workers who are collaborative and synergize towards finding solution rather than finding fault. Great work-life balance , and they provide great food and a fun culture to work. The work itself is very rewarding on bleeding edge of video technology , with excellent prospects of growth in the industry. Would love to work for this company again.

Cons

No major concerns , Wish they had work-from home for temp worker

Keep up the positive energy and spirit

Wish I could give less then one star!!!

I worked at Clearleap full-time

Pros

Free snacks and drinks while you are there and good health care

Cons

It is clear the only thing Clearleap is interested in doing is selling off the company asap. Most of the staff is either recently out of school or from the CEO's former company - very few fall in-between. Expect a clique environment from that!! I have no doubt most of the reviews come from the good old boy club here. Someone I worked with left her full time position to join us. They let her go within months claiming they no longer have a need for the role she was just hired for! That is just one of many examples I have because the management is sneaky and will lie to your face. HR is useless when you go to them for help.They clearly do not care about people. They sell themselves as one of the best companies out there but I found out first hand they are the worst!

Nov 13, 2014Recruiter

Clearleap takes all feedback seriously and works hard to maintain open communication between our employees and management team. While we recruit from a variety of sources, we pride ourselves on our ... More

Terrible, management is clueless about engineering.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Duluth, GA

I worked at Clearleap full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with.. Except a couple of rotten apples, were amazing, smart and willing to help.

Cons

MANAGEMENT, Work hours, lies, favoritism. The hire process is a joke, they will use business managers to hire engineers!! !

Listen to your people, you make it this far thanks to them.. all the founder engineers are gone now, you BIGGEST asset! Terrible mistake.

Oct 22, 2014Recruiter

Clearleap takes any and all feedback seriously and regularly solicits employee feedback through anonymous surveys, employee lunches, one-on-one meetings and exit interviews. It is true, we do have a ... More

Great work environment with incredible people and talent

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Clearleap full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best part about Clearleap is the people. Everyone there is smart and talented. The environment at Clearleap makes coming to work fun! Great accommodations and perks as well as good benefits and work from home options.

Culture is very open and without bureaucracy, which is awesome! If you are looking to “command’ or “boss” people around, this is definitely not a place for you. You must keep in mind that Clearleap is still in start-up mode and you will have to contribute as such.

I’m very happy I joined Clearleap and looking forward to its success!

Cons

Not really a concern but would be nice to have 401K match.

Keep up the good work!

Positive and welcoming environment! Drinking from a fire-hose of knowledge

Current Employee - Engineering in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Clearleap full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Since starting at Clearleap 6 months ago I have been welcomed by team members with open arms. Everyone is helpful and knowledgeable so it makes your job easier. Our environment is very open; open cubes, agile, collaborative- senior management is out in the trenches with all of us and it makes everyone that much more approachable. The people are really the greatest thing about Clearleap, aside from the awesome technology!

Cons

With deadlines and landing new clients the workload comes in ebbs and flows and can cause a bit of an overload. The great thing is everyone is always willing to help and people offer to come in and work on weekends if needed.

Keep hiring! We need more people to keep up with demand. Looking forward to our new and improved AND bigger office space!