Clearlink Reviews

Updated August 24, 2014
Updated August 24, 2014

3.7

Phil Hansen

Pros
  • Fun incentives, up and coming ideas, Free health care, (in 8 reviews)

• Fun people, energetic environment and a workplace that I can really enjoy coming to every day (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Clearlink is just a summer sales company pretending to be a call center (in 6 reviews)

• The company is growing and has some small growing pains that come along with growing (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Inside Sales Rep. - Good place to gain sales experience, but tactics can be very manipulative in certain departments.

Former Employee - Verizon/Frontier (TelCo) Sales Representative  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Verizon/Frontier (TelCo) Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn how to set up the sales process in order to be more persuasive. Fun/young people, super laid back call floor, music, applause for big sales, etc.

Cons

As stated above, the way they prefer you to handle customers in certain departments is being deceiving. This was my first sales job so maybe this is just a part of sales, but I was ordered to deflect customers questions etc. a ton. Having to be dishonest is the reason I left. One example is using a promotion on signing up today to get a free tablet, but not mentioning its only free if you sign up for a 2 year data plan contract. Make sure the department you get into supports good morals if that is important to you, or don't waste your time.

Sit down with new hires to really go over calls etc. Much of the training period on the phones felt like it was just up to you to learn how to handle certain calls etc. Make sure the sales reps getting hired don't have problems "deflecting" and using manipulative techniques if that will be expected of them.

Gateway cmpany

I have been working at Clearlink

Pros

Working at clearlink has quite a few positives, like random happy hours and decent benefits. There is also quite a bit of freedom to do what you like, if you are on the corporate side of the equation.

Cons

The pay here is typically terrible. Management doesn't communicate down the visions of the company. Their corporate mission state is not displayed in their actions. While the perks are nice, they don't really know how to value people.

Understand your employees and challenge them.

great

I have been working at Clearlink

Pros

great awesome cool neat great

Cons

cool great awesome cool neat

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I understand why the turnover is so high here, its not because the job is hard, its because of the disorganized company.

I have been working at Clearlink full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a decently relaxed environment, and the weekly pay isnt too bad either

Cons

no opportunity for promotions, the coaches and higher ups can be very clique-y, and the commission structure/attendance policy are constantly changing in a very very bad way. the growing company is extremely fickle, much to the frustration of employees that stay here longer than a few months. there is also little done by "coaches" to help you improve your sales tactics or to even accurately keep track of your numbers.

some stability would be very welcome. Im all for changes but when it vascilates between total freedom and great incentives all the way to choking the pay structure and having a very strict attendance policy it gets very old very fast. also the lack of organization and proper training is nothing more than abysmal.

Great company! They typically promote from within.

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They pay your health care premiums as long as you go to certain personal improvement classes. It is a high energy job.

Cons

Can be a little cliquish. Sometimes they don't give people opportunity because they don't fit the right look for the company.

Pay for the talent. If you want good employees, put up the money. Get rid of the bad apples.

Great Stepping Stone

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

I love the People, Culture, and the autonomy to perform your job. There aren't many places that you want to spend time on the weekends with your co-workers.

Cons

Communication from top down seems be on the decline. There are multiple agendas across departments that causes some confusion.

Promote growth from within to senior management positions. It appears there are several proven leaders overlooked for positions filled with outside talent.

Only worked there a couple months seems fine

I have been working at Clearlink

Pros

The music is nice. The sales no commissions are nice when you are a top rep. Paid weekly

Cons

High school environment, which isn't the best if your married with kids. Lots of flirting. Seems like a dating center more than a call center

Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Clearlink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love CLEARLINK. i started out at the company doing inside sales and promoted up to recruiting. CLEARLINK cares so much about their employees and invests a lot of time and money into helping them grow not only professionally but personally as well. I have never worked for a company where I felt like more than just a number before CLEARLINK. The 360 fit program is awesome and not only does it promote a healthy lifestyle but is a huge monthly savings. CLEARLINK is always giving out prizes/trips to their employees and rewarding them for their hard work.

Cons

One thing I struggled with when on the phones is the pressure of sales. If you have never done sales or do not have thick skin than this may not be the job for you. Since it is sales there are goals and quotas to be hit on a weekly and monthly basis.

Decent place to get experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employees get a lot of freedom to work the ways that work best for them. You will learn a lot to help you get another job that pays decent.

Cons

If you don't want to feel like you're back in high school, it's not for you. Management is taught to play favorites and if you're not a guy who loves to talk sports, forget it.

Treat women better. Don't tell them they can work a flexible schedule and then treat them like crap for doing it. Hire a few women managers and stop letting people in the same department date.

If you like fake people this is your place.

I worked at Clearlink

Pros

The benefits are decent and you could sell things. However you'll probably go insane. Can you dig it, sucka?

Cons

If you can't stand false confidence, liars, and general sleaziness you'll hate it here. If your a typical teenager you'll love it.

Worked for Clearlink? Contribute to the Community!