Clearlink Reviews

1. Accountant

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink

Pros

I work on the corporate side of Clearlink, not the sales side, and I love it. It's my favorite job I've had so far. Before this I worked for an explosives company doing accouting work, and before that I worked for Local Government. Out of all the places this one has the most laid back atmosphere. They are relaxed about vacations as long as you get your work done, and whenever there's a lot of work to do, instead of my boss getting angry, he jokes about it, orders us some food, and we stay late to get it done. Food is brought in multiple times a week for lunch. They take out the entire team whenever someone has a birthday for lunch and dessert after (usually rocky mountain chocolate factory). Clearlink is definitely a flat organization and I hang out with my boss outside of work. Also in a couple of weeks they are flying the entire finance department out to San Francisco and we get to choose if we want to tour Alcatraz or go to a Giants game for a day, then flying us back. All of this to thank us for a good job and us finishing a clean audit. Also we get to order snacks from sams club every couple of weeks that we keep near our desks so you have snacks and drinks at work.

Cons

I've gained 40lbs since I started working here and it is definitely because of all the free lunch and desserts that come with it.

2. A company that investing in its employees

I have been working at Clearlink

Pros

Clearlink provides great incentives and rewards for its employees, with trips to Vegas, ski passes, concerts and more what's not to like about CLEARLINK?

Cons

I don't have any cons to speak of at this time, I'm relatively a new employee and have found that my opinion truly matters and that I've been able to step in and lend a helping hand.

Advice to Management

I would suggest getting better communication processes in place between different departments.

3. Great work environment.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink

Pros

Everyone there was usually pleasant to be around, the pay was okay, very fun to be around. Company party, prizes you can win, treat employees well, and uncapped commissions.

Cons

I was on the AT&T brand, and a lot of the time there was no service to sell. I did not like the way they often told you to mislead consumers into buying. Sometimes a caller just needed help, did a search and got our number by mistake. You were told to try and push a sell regardless.

Advice to Management

Cross selling is a great way to still make money, but counting calls with no service against your conversion doesn't make the most sense. Graduating numbers were stressful -hints towards your high turn over rate. Also maybe try to have a consistent answer throughout the sales floor. Constantly would hear different answers to one question.

Good at Sales? Give Clearlink a try

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Schedule is pretty flexible. Commission scale is also nice. If you're already good at sales, this job might be right for you.

Cons

As with any call center job, it can be monotonous and repetitive. Strict adherence to break/lunch schedule. Performance-based, so if you aren't doing well, you can be terminated.

Advice to Management

A more extended training program would be nice and also, I would like to see coaches more involved in making their teams better and educating themselves more on the the products.

A company that invests in you

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Clearlink

Pros

The company gives back at least what you put in. They spoil a lot of their employees and people keep returning when they realize the grass was never greener.

Cons

There are a lot of sales reps who act like children. Organization can be a struggle with a growing company with their growing pains happening.

7. Good place for entry-level to gain experience

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place if you're entry level and have the drive to learn and grow (although you'll have to do a lot of the learning and growing on your own initiative/time). They give you a good amount of autonomy and flexibility in how you go about your job, and the benefits are fair.

Cons

Hard to advance, unless you're part of the good ole boy club, lack of accountability and dissenting views are discouraged. Management does a poor job of thanking you for your contribution, vacation policy is lacking, and pay tends to be low. Lots of smart and talented people, which unfortunately tend to leave.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they're worth, treat them like adults, and stop the boy's club atmosphere.

8. Clearlink offers a culture that inspires people to be better at life.

I have been working at Clearlink full-time

Pros

The company offers a refreshing atmosphere that focuses on self improvement and motivation in addition to boosting revenue. You will make some great connections here.

Cons

The organization of some of the departments leaves much to be desired. As with many sales companies, successful sales representatives are called up to management positions, showing no particular aptitude outside of sales.

Good Company with Good Benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the atmosphere and feel it is a great place to work. It does take some time to learn the business.

Cons

Very much a "Good Ole Boys" environment. Most females can't get above the director level.

Advice to Management

Promote some females to VP

10. Good stuff

I have been working at Clearlink

Pros

Awesome culture, great pay, recognition. These are things you will find here. They have invested in me and my career. It is awesome.

Cons

Sometimes they don't buy me the correct type of energy drink. Jk they are pretty sweet. I am sorry happy here.

Great culture, poor pay.

Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink

Pros

The culture is second to none for a company in Utah. Annual Vegas trips, not extremely religious, it was awesome.

Cons

The pay is very low for the industry standard. They tend to focus on newer recruits vs paying veteran ones.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they're worth.

RSS Feed </> Embed