Clearlink Reviews

Updated October 30, 2014
Updated October 30, 2014
3.7

Phil Hansen

Pros
  • Free Health Care for employees after a year of working there (in 10 reviews)

• Fun people, energetic environment and a workplace that I can really enjoy coming to every day (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Clearlink is just a summer sales company pretending to be a call center (in 6 reviews)

• The company is growing and has some small growing pains that come along with growing (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales Manager

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Clearlink full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Clearlink does give their employees lots of little perks. In most non-managerial positions each month you might have an opportunity to win a TV, iPad, or other perks.

Cons

Clearlink may invest in their employees in terms of incentives, toys, and trips. They do NOT invest in development of any of their employees. I was told multiple times as a manager to cut head count and do it just by looking at the numbers. If you can deal with the excessive cronyism that takes place and you are part of it you might just make it.

Good and bad

I have been working at Clearlink

Pros

Great pay, learn sales skills

Cons

Company is trending towards trying to squeeze as much productivity out sales people through tracking every second of their day instead of being progressive and getting productivity through having happy employees

good

I worked at Clearlink full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good money and great people

Cons

no cons really it's sales and you will always have some bad days

My experience working at Clearlink was OK. Nothing fantastic.

I worked at Clearlink full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are a good sales person you will have opportunity to grow into leadership roles. Management was very good about work/life balance and rarely asked for OT. When issues came up, it was usually easy to approach my superior and sort things out.

Cons

Culture can be a little juvenile. For older employees the company perks are not very interesting. Efforts to make work seem fun seemed contrived and awkward. If you are not a sales person, it can be difficult to get recognition for your effort.

Hold on to your good people by giving them a reason to stick around.

Over promise, under deliver

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Clearlink full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The training provided is pretty good and prepares you well for getting on the phones...plus it's paid so that is nice. It can be a fun place to work, and your job isn't too difficult. The pay isn't great, but it's better than a lot of other call centers that require little legitimate qualifications. They are always hiring. This is a great place to work if you are single and like to party.

Cons

Clearlink will sell you hard telling you whatever you want to hear to get you in the door and on the phones. Some of it is true, most of it is false. They are not transparent or honest with their employees. Over the time I was there, I saw the place change drastically. They do not value tenure and employee loyalty. They do not provide fair and legitimate opportunity for advancement. I witnessed much more failed promotions than successful ones. If you're best friends with your supervisors, you'll be fine. Also, they love to promise opportunity for advancement as a strong hiring point but turn around to hire their buddies from the outside to fill those "advancement opportunities." They have quality standards to make sure their salesmen are not lying and cheating, but they do whatever they can to keep those people from being fired since they are so "profitable." They ONLY value an employee's profitability without any regard for other worthy and valuable attributes. They are not well organized and not well managed. They PROMOTE partying and low morals (which is fine if that's what you're into, but I'm speaking to those that aren't).

You are not honest, fair, or professional. Change that. My strongest advice is to have much higher standards for the people you hire both with their personal characteristics as well as their morals and values.

Great company! They typically promote from within.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They pay your health care premiums as long as you go to certain personal improvement classes. It is a high energy job.

Cons

Can be a little cliquish. Sometimes they don't give people opportunity because they don't fit the right look for the company.

Pay for the talent. If you want good employees, put up the money. Get rid of the bad apples.

Great Stepping Stone

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

I love the People, Culture, and the autonomy to perform your job. There aren't many places that you want to spend time on the weekends with your co-workers.

Cons

Communication from top down seems be on the decline. There are multiple agendas across departments that causes some confusion.

Promote growth from within to senior management positions. It appears there are several proven leaders overlooked for positions filled with outside talent.

I understand why the turnover is so high here, its not because the job is hard, its because of the disorganized company.

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a decently relaxed environment, and the weekly pay isnt too bad either

Cons

no opportunity for promotions, the coaches and higher ups can be very clique-y, and the commission structure/attendance policy are constantly changing in a very very bad way. the growing company is extremely fickle, much to the frustration of employees that stay here longer than a few months. there is also little done by "coaches" to help you improve your sales tactics or to even accurately keep track of your numbers.

some stability would be very welcome. Im all for changes but when it vascilates between total freedom and great incentives all the way to choking the pay structure and having a very strict attendance policy it gets very old very fast. also the lack of organization and proper training is nothing more than abysmal.

Inside Sales Rep. - Good place to gain sales experience, but tactics can be very manipulative in certain departments.

Former Employee - Verizon/Frontier (TelCo) Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You learn how to set up the sales process in order to be more persuasive. Fun/young people, super laid back call floor, music, applause for big sales, etc.

Cons

As stated above, the way they prefer you to handle customers in certain departments is being deceiving. This was my first sales job so maybe this is just a part of sales, but I was ordered to deflect customers questions etc. a ton. Having to be dishonest is the reason I left. One example is using a promotion on signing up today to get a free tablet, but not mentioning its only free if you sign up for a 2 year data plan contract. Make sure the department you get into supports good morals if that is important to you, or don't waste your time.

Sit down with new hires to really go over calls etc. Much of the training period on the phones felt like it was just up to you to learn how to handle certain calls etc. Make sure the sales reps getting hired don't have problems "deflecting" and using manipulative techniques if that will be expected of them.

great

I have been working at Clearlink

Pros

great awesome cool neat great

Cons

cool great awesome cool neat