Clearlink Reviews

Updated March 24, 2015
108 reviews filtered by

Incredible company that puts people first

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When you go to work at Clearlink, you not only enjoy exceptional benefits, unique life experiences and a great company culture, but the benefit of being part of an organization that puts their people first.

Cons

With Clearlink's exceptional growth over the past several years, the company has struggled implementing scalable changes to the organization's structure. Things change quickly at Clearlink, which can be frustrating for those unaccustomed to it. Embrace the change and enjoy a wild ride.

2. Great opportunity for anybody

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The environment here is super cool. Everybody here is friendly and happy to work here. It's definitely not the usual call center

Cons

It's a big building but you'll get to know your way around it pretty fast. There are many different departments but you can chose where you want to work after 90 days.

3. New Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's very friendly. Uncapped commission. No script to read. Lots of work contests and camaraderie.

Cons

Training didn't start for over a month after being interviewed.

A great company that I am proud to have been a part of!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about this organization is its commitment to provide truly committed employees with great benefits and their understanding of a need for a positive work-life balance. It is increasingly difficult in a corporate world to truly try to re-invest in employee happiness and while everything they try does not always bear fruit, the effort and dedication has always been there. That is a rare thing in this world. As with all businesses, the bottom line is the most important result but this is a place that genuinely tries to balance that fact with the needs of its employees.

Cons

This has been a very rapidly growing organization for a number of years and as in any growing business, the bigger it gets, the more corporate the environment becomes. While I truly believe the organizational management does their best to keep this a people oriented organization, pressures from investors and a board that is increasingly distant from the day to day operations of the businesses have put pressure on the organization to lean towards emphasizing profits over people on a day to day basis. My observation of the organization over the last year leads me to believe that the goal in the next 1-2 years is to sell to a larger entity so decisions in management are being made that will hopefully maximize short term revenue and profit margins at the expense of all the great people who have called CLEARLINK home for a long time and morale has suffered as a result. The funny thing is that this deteriorating culture has knocked this business down to a 9.7 from a 9.9 on a "great places to work" scale. For over 5 years this has been my home and my family. I dont know if there is a better way to share my appreciation for what CLEARLINK has meant to me as a person and employee that to leave and honest and real review for others to see. If you are looking to work here, its an organization of real people with the best of intentions who are trying to do their best in a complicated world and business environment. I will forever be grateful for the 5 years I was able to be a part of the CLEARLINK family

This place means an awful lot to an awful lot of good people. They are scared that their company and home is moving away from them and are hurt by that. If the company is going to stay under current management long term with an emphasis on keeping the culture and employee focused vision, this needs to be communicated because your workforce is scared their wonderful world is going away.....That is why I am gone

Fast-paced, bad management

Former Employee - Software in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Software in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (less than a year)

Pros

free healthcare, working with new technologies, free snacks and drinks, good and supportive co-workers, comfortable work environment, fun company parties and outings

Cons

Management had no idea how to manage. There was very little direction and no hierarchy in reporting problems and I was never sure who was in charge of my time, which resulted in a lot of frustration on my part.

Please work on getting a better hierarchy in place so people know who's in charge of which aspects of their work, who to report to, and who the decision-makers are.

7. Generous company with great benefits and fun people

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Orem, UT
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Orem, UT

I have been working at Clearlink as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Clearlink offers lots of room to grow and be successful if you work hard. They treat their employees very well and offer many perks: give-aways, trips, free snacks, awesome parties, etc. It is obvious that the management cares for its employees and wants to keep them happy and retention high.

Cons

The work environment, though fun, can also be offensive. Swearing is abundant and personal moral of employees is often minimal.

8. Pretty Good Place

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of freedom and flexibility. They have lots of shifts that allow you to work with any type of schedule. Always relazed and fun. NO DRESSCODE except obvious stuff.

Cons

I think it would be a little bit better if the parking situation was better. Maybe a better location rather than not being right next to the airport. Don;t try to get here any other way than by car because it is surrounded by private access roads should you decide you want to bike some day...

Fantastic place for a 20-something to work.... If you can sell.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative - Satellite Team in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative - Satellite Team in Orem, UT

I worked at Clearlink part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun, laid-back culture, opportunities to make great money, flexible schedule, cool people. An inbound call center is a breeze compared to other sales jobs.

I worked at Clearlink for about 18 months while taking on a full-time load at BYU, and generally didn't have issues getting time off when I needed it. In my prime, I was making over $30 an hour while working around 20 hours a week. Clearlink prides itself in its fun, youthful culture; free food, games, and music were the norm on the sales floor. Health care and tuition reimbursement are nice too.

Cons

If you can't sell and don't care to improve, you're gonna have a bad time. Management is generally helpful and will work with you, but at the end of the day it's up to you. If you don't perform to par with management's metrics for a number of weeks in a row, you're gone. I saw many, many employees come and go in the year-and-a-half I worked here.

It can be draining to take calls for 8 hours straight, 5 days a week. Working nights and weekends is mandatory for most new hires. I've also been told that it's become more bureaucratic since I left, with less flexible hours and a more uptight environment.

Continue to maintain the award-winning culture that makes Clearlink a great place. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to grow and make great money.

10. Challenging, but VERY worth it!

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, aesthetically pleasing to the eye (this isn't some office that hasn't been updated since 1982), lots of initiatives and benefits if you do your job well, including but not limited to: a great commission structure, physical items like gift cards, TVs, gaming systems, cameras, and much more. Vacations and "work related day activities" like charity events, and even potentially a round of golf! The freedom to basically look the way you want (there's still standards, look nice and work appropriate obviously). Tons of individuals work here with cool hair, piercings, tattoos; creativity thrives here. The opportunity for internal growth is amazing! Most of the people I work with started as sales reps and have moved into other great departments where they have been trained to succeed.

Cons

The sales process is hard to learn if you're not familiar with it, but once you've got it down you'll do great. Dont get discouraged! Non flexible weekly hours and schedules. You do get to modify your schedule every few months but it's geared towards the most successful sellers getting priority scheduling, which makes sense and promotes working hard for what you want, but it leaves little help for the people who are struggling and could encourage a high turnover with underperformers.

Making schedules more flexible may be a stupid suggestion, but I think it could help retain more employees versus the system we have now.

11. Amazing people, amazing environment

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Super fun and supportive work environment. Very laid back, not stressful.

Cons

You must be very confident in what you are doing. If you can't build a relationship with the customer you don't make sales