Clearlink

www.clearlink.com
Employer Engaged

I understand why the turnover is so high here, its not because the job is hard, its because of the disorganized company.

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is a decently relaxed environment, and the weekly pay isnt too bad either

Cons

no opportunity for promotions, the coaches and higher ups can be very clique-y, and the commission structure/attendance policy are constantly changing in a very very bad way. the growing company is extremely fickle, much to the frustration of employees that stay here longer than a few months. there is also little done by "coaches" to help you improve your sales tactics or to even accurately keep track of your numbers.

some stability would be very welcome. Im all for changes but when it vascilates between total freedom and great incentives all the way to choking the pay structure and having a very strict attendance policy it gets very old very fast. also the lack of organization and proper training is nothing more than abysmal.

Inside Sales Rep. - Good place to gain sales experience, but tactics can be very manipulative in certain departments.

Former Employee - Verizon/Frontier (TelCo) Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You learn how to set up the sales process in order to be more persuasive. Fun/young people, super laid back call floor, music, applause for big sales, etc.

Cons

As stated above, the way they prefer you to handle customers in certain departments is being deceiving. This was my first sales job so maybe this is just a part of sales, but I was ordered to deflect customers questions etc. a ton. Having to be dishonest is the reason I left. One example is using a promotion on signing up today to get a free tablet, but not mentioning its only free if you sign up for a 2 year data plan contract. Make sure the department you get into supports good morals if that is important to you, or don't waste your time.

Sit down with new hires to really go over calls etc. Much of the training period on the phones felt like it was just up to you to learn how to handle certain calls etc. Make sure the sales reps getting hired don't have problems "deflecting" and using manipulative techniques if that will be expected of them.

great

I have been working at Clearlink

Pros

great awesome cool neat great

Cons

cool great awesome cool neat

Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love CLEARLINK. i started out at the company doing inside sales and promoted up to recruiting. CLEARLINK cares so much about their employees and invests a lot of time and money into helping them grow not only professionally but personally as well. I have never worked for a company where I felt like more than just a number before CLEARLINK. The 360 fit program is awesome and not only does it promote a healthy lifestyle but is a huge monthly savings. CLEARLINK is always giving out prizes/trips to their employees and rewarding them for their hard work.

Cons

One thing I struggled with when on the phones is the pressure of sales. If you have never done sales or do not have thick skin than this may not be the job for you. Since it is sales there are goals and quotas to be hit on a weekly and monthly basis.

Gateway cmpany

I have been working at Clearlink

Pros

Working at clearlink has quite a few positives, like random happy hours and decent benefits. There is also quite a bit of freedom to do what you like, if you are on the corporate side of the equation.

Cons

The pay here is typically terrible. Management doesn't communicate down the visions of the company. Their corporate mission state is not displayed in their actions. While the perks are nice, they don't really know how to value people.

Understand your employees and challenge them.

Only worked there a couple months seems fine

I have been working at Clearlink

Pros

The music is nice. The sales no commissions are nice when you are a top rep. Paid weekly

Cons

High school environment, which isn't the best if your married with kids. Lots of flirting. Seems like a dating center more than a call center

Decent place to get experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employees get a lot of freedom to work the ways that work best for them. You will learn a lot to help you get another job that pays decent.

Cons

If you don't want to feel like you're back in high school, it's not for you. Management is taught to play favorites and if you're not a guy who loves to talk sports, forget it.

Treat women better. Don't tell them they can work a flexible schedule and then treat them like crap for doing it. Hire a few women managers and stop letting people in the same department date.

If you like fake people this is your place.

I worked at Clearlink

Pros

The benefits are decent and you could sell things. However you'll probably go insane. Can you dig it, sucka?

Cons

If you can't stand false confidence, liars, and general sleaziness you'll hate it here. If your a typical teenager you'll love it.

A Company That Values Employees Lives Holistically.

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Provide a work environment where you have opportunities to learn and grow!
    Unique opportunities to experience life and all it has to offer
    100% health care

Cons

Fast paced, high performing environment - but if you thrive in this environment you will have endless opportunities to grow

Keep investing in your employees as individuals as they are the bread and butter that make our company the best place to work.

I love Clearlink! These people are like family!

Current Employee - Sales Coach in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Coach in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really love my co-workers, the opportunity for growth within the company, and all the awesome incentives that they have. Since it is a pretty new company, they are willing to listen to all ideas. If you have a good idea, then it will usually be used.

Cons

It is such a young company, that there are LOTS of changes frequently. You've always got to be on your toes, and ready

401K matching, on site daycare