Clearpoint Reviews

James Webb

Very satisfied

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Clearpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of personal interaction with staff--you don't feel like you're cast out to sea
    Management is always accessible. The personal touch is always present.

Cons

It would be nice to have direct deposit of paychecks, but when they come by to delivery your check, they always bring cookies!
    Paid time off is hard to come by--no paid vacation days, even though you get a week's pay periodicaly to compensate.

Sep 11, 2014Sr. Recruiter

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are glad you enjoy the personal touch and the yummy cookies!

2. Former contractor

I worked at Clearpoint

Pros

Recruiters were personable and seemed to care about the employees. Communication with employees was extensive.

Cons

They do not have direct deposit. Locally, a recruiter drives to client locations and drops off checks to employees. This is somewhat antiquated.

Advice to Management

Get direct deposit.

3. Lackluster environment

I have been working at Clearpoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a very busy office.

Cons

The work/life balance is terrible. They charm you at first but as soon as you are no longer a potential asset in their view you are discarded as trash.

5. Working as a contractor for the first time

I have been working at Clearpoint (More than a year)

Pros

- Very responsive to requests and questions. I love the warm interaction with the staff whenever I have any concerns.
    - I always look forward to yummy cakes they present to us on our birthdays and work anniversary.

Cons

- Direct deposit option should be presented to the employee. Its frustrating to go to bank all the time to deposit your salary check.
    - Less holiday perks/gifts than other staffing agency. I see other staffing agency have a little more edge than ClearPoint

Advice to Management

- Please include direct deposit as an option for employees. Its not 1980ssss any more. I understand that you want to maintain the interactions with employees but maybe you can instead keep monthly Q&A sessions for contractors to show up and ask questions or share concerns with the clear point team.

6. Professional Company with Very Friendly Staff

Current Contractor - Technical Writer in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - Technical Writer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Clearpoint as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Clearpoint finds contract employees suitable opportunities. I have enjoyed working with both the sales and account reps. Their long-time client that I am currently working with is professional, the work is fun, and I can do it from my home. The Clearpoint staff are attentive and sensitive to your needs. In addition, they are honest, friendly, and easy to work with. It's been a great experience so far and I hope that I can continue to work with them.

They have a great compensation system. If you work long enough, you can qualify for health care and bonuses. However, you are eligible for the 401K plan right away.

Cons

They could use a direct deposit system for paychecks. Currently, they send it out in the mail. It definitely arrives in a timely fashion, but it is still a pain. Haven't had to deposit directly for a long time.

Sep 11, 2014Sr. Recruiter

Thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate your comments and will work hard to continue to offer great benefits and services for you.

7. A company built on long-lasting relationships

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Clearpoint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Clearpoint's mission is to partner with professional for the long haul, not just a single job. Career-focused staffing.

Cons

As the speed-to-fill demand increases, don't lose sight of the personal nature of our business.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the Clearpoint talent community and build on the long-term experience for all candidates. After 15 years, you are definitely doing some great things for professionals, whether they are looking for work or in their dream job!

Aug 25, 2014Sr. Recruiter

We love our employees! Thanks for the insight!

8. Stable

I worked at Clearpoint

Pros

1,000 check every 9 mos.

Cons

Never turned over contractors to full-time employees.

Advice to Management

Don't promise what you don't want to deliver. Throwing more money doesn't fix the situation of crappy benefits and a terrible 401 k.

9. Take Your Career to the Next Level with Clearpoint!

Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Clearpoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Truly to many to list, but here are a few for starters: 1) Top pay for top talent; 2) Exceptional benefits including stellar medical coverage, vacation pay, 401K with a generous match; 3) A professional network that reads like a Who's Who from Forbes magazine (meaning MORE and BETTER hiring prospects for candidates); 4) A sincere desire to help candidates further their careers; and 5) Values and ethics that would make anyone proud to be part of the Clearpoint organization ... and the list goes on ...

Cons

None! Seriously, none. And, I really tried to think of some!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! You truly set the standard to which all staffing agencies and companies in general should aspire. I appreciate all you do to go out of your way for your candidates/employees -- from the generous 401K match right down to the sweet treats to mark our anniversary with the company. Thank you for making the difference between "just a job" and a "career" with vision and endless possibilities!

10. Mom & Pop companies - huge pros, sometimes huge cons.

Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at Clearpoint

Pros

Family feel; almost unlimited work / life balance opportunities, almost unlimited earning potential; very little turnover, warm atmosphere, mentoring available

Cons

Nepotism rampant; husband / wife-run company can lead to an uncomfortable working environment when times aren't rosy at home; limited growth opportunities because of size

Advice to Management

Family atmosphere is nice, but a more defined line between family/friends and business is necessary to keep a company professional.

Clearpoint Photos