Cleartrip

Cleartrip Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Stuart Crighton

Great place to work

Key Accounts - Senior Exe (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGreat company. In short span of time Cleartrip has taken a good stand in the market. Work environment is good. Lots of fun activities and celebration of festivals.

ConsNo incentive for sales people / less Salary

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease start giving an incentives to sales people.

Good to learn new stuff but not for a long time stay

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood work life balance,
    No questions asked if come late are leave early(but ur job needs to be done).
    Good colleague
    open culture
    compensation is just above the market

Consyour concerns are un answered some times (not always)
    only one group of developers are treated good compared to other.
    QA is part of dev which should be independent of DEV.

Advice to Senior Managementplease don't give 10% hikes every year

Great Place to Be!!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsHaving worked for 3 big global companies before coming here, I've seen quite a few good & bad things. Cleartrip (CT) is a refreshing change. I feel top 3 reasons below are most important in judging any company. This is how CT fares:

1. Awesome People & Management - most employees have been here avg. 6-7 years. So overall its a talented & smart pool of people with deep industry knowledge. Very hard working, but down to earth and cool!! Collaborative & fun loving. And this holds true from the junior most person right up to every senior executive and our CEO.

2. Communication - Personally I believe this is vital to keep people informed and motivated. Quarterly results, future plans shared with employees regularly & transparently. Management open to questions and suggestions (they are not defensive or sensitive). And management calls it as it is - whether we hit or miss our goals - they share the reasons, and instill a positive vibe for the future.

3. Pride & Passion - Again from the junior most right up to (and especially) our CEO, Cleatrippers are a passionate lot. We enjoy our work and take a lot of pride in our product, our company, and building something we believe in. Its rate to come to a place every morning where people are happy to be there.

4. Recognition - people recognized for good performance (and rewarded very well). And mind you, its true recognition for true performers.

5. Good place to learn & grow - CT is open to new ideas and innovation. People given opportunities to contribute meaningfully (in daily work and through special projects of their interest). CT is a technology leader. Totally focused on the long run and the customer.

6. Good W/L balance - People work hard and smart. Usually normal working hours. We have a lot of office activities (regular events, monthly celebrations) and a few parties etc.

7. Lean & to the point - coming from big companies where there were tonnes of unnecessary processes, I feel CT is great coz it has ONLY necessary processes. So its not chaotic like many startups. CT is a mature mid size company with good systems and processes, so people can focus on important work rather than unnecessary tasks.

8. Industry - E-commerce is the place to be now! CT is an established player.

ConsNothing major as such. But,
    1. Office infrastructure / furniture could definitely be better.
    2. Paternity leave could be a tad longer! ;-)

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen it comes to building a great place to work, HR & top management have certainly done a great job. Hope this continues and that we continue extracting maximum performance from our people, make BIG strides in the marketplace while maintaining our DNA and spirit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Positive Environment !

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsWhat i mean from positive environment - The flexibility to do experiments and develop new ways to do the same things better and much more effective. it gives a lot more ease at work and comfort that i think the performance and over all result increase by 2x.
    Now how it happens - the reporting managers does not bother you for small issues, rather they respect ones own style of working.
    One can approach directly to senior management in any department with thinking twice and keep their ideas and best practices in front of them - I am sure 8 out of 10 wont take any offense.

ConsThe infrastructure needs an improvement - which is getting developed with time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore interaction with all the ground level employees will be beneficial.

Great learning experience, cutting-edge tech work, easy-going colleagues

ProsThe work involved is cutting edge in terms of projects available, and technologies underlying the various products and features. Great place to get your hands dirty with several initiatives and learn new things. Also, the colleagues make the ride smooth and fun all along.

ConsSalaries / hikes / promotions are not best in industry. Personal growth opportunities can get limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork environment is great, but can be improved through regular engagement with employees at all levels.

Work hard, love it...and it loves you back!

Anonymous (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsAwesome no-cubicle culture.
    Relaxed and semi-formal dress code.
    Vibrant and exuberant work culture and environment.
    Approachable and open Top Management.
    Centrally located and bright & alive offices.
    Frequent events and employee engagement programmes.
    Strong work ethics.

ConsNo crack-down on huge amounts of power (electricity) and water wastage, in office premises.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to avail nice travel discounts.
    Be more involved in the appraisal & review processes.
    Don't critique, if you can't praise and/or appreciate. Feedback should come for both, positive as well as negative! Or neither.

Vision, potential and talented management

Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsCompany has a unified aim. Senior management is super talented to work with. I have been fortunate enough to work with a few and I love every interaction. Being a apart of the vision feels good.

ConsSalaries are not the best in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are key to your success, don't lose them to save a few $$

Excellent Company

Creative Designer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsAmazing Environment, Great place to explore, Great Office culture, Work life was balanced,

ConsI was working for Marketing and PR as Creative designer for Middle East and also for India team, Every day i had Challenging work, I learnt a lot from higher management people,

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is really excellent

Very good Experience

Senior Executive - IT (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsAs it is my first job, work space was very good. My manager is too friendly with me.

ConsNo training conducted related work or for knowledge. conducting unwanted stuff.

Good place to learn more things

ProsGood worklife balance
    Good start for freshers
    Good support for new ideas

ConsPay is comparatively less
    Hike rate is less

Worked for Cleartrip? Contribute to the Community!