Cleartrip Reviews

Updated September 3, 2014
4.0

Stuart Crighton

Great place to work

Current Employee - Key Accounts - Senior Exe  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Key Accounts - Senior Exe in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Cleartrip full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company. In short span of time Cleartrip has taken a good stand in the market. Work environment is good. Lots of fun activities and celebration of festivals.

Cons

No incentive for sales people / less Salary

Please start giving an incentives to sales people.

Nice work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Cleartrip full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Nice people around
    - No frill policy (managers friendly and easily approachable)
    - Flexible working

Cons

- Lack appreciation
    - Too much biased

At times it is important to appreciate the employees for their contribution and even a little bit of hierarchy need to be maintained.

Good to learn new stuff but not for a long time stay

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Cleartrip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance,
    No questions asked if come late are leave early(but ur job needs to be done).
    Good colleague
    open culture
    compensation is just above the market

Cons

your concerns are un answered some times (not always)
    only one group of developers are treated good compared to other.
    QA is part of dev which should be independent of DEV.

please don't give 10% hikes every year

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One Can Enjoy great learning Curve if he is lucky enough to be in good team..!!

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Cleartrip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work : One Can Enjoy great learning Curve if he is lucky enough to be in good team..!! To be part of Good team depends on product ur working if it is the focused product of the year according to senior management...!! Priorities of products changes every year.!! Great leaning curve if ur working for R&D products..otherwise its boring..!!

Culture : Good work environment..nice colleagues..

Cons

Salary : Below than the market salary compared to the work you do. Very Less employee benefits.

Only few set of employees will be acting as Team Leads forever and ever..!! Designation is for the name sake. You wont be doing the appropriate role as that of ur designation.

Senior Management : Trying to be in defensive mode rather than open culture. Better to improve transparency for all level of employees in the company.

Nothing Great

Current Employee - Project Lead  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Project Lead in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Cleartrip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flat hierarchy, good work-culture, good work-life balance

Cons

Less than average financial growth

Great Place to Be!!

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Cleartrip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having worked for 3 big global companies before coming here, I've seen quite a few good & bad things. Cleartrip (CT) is a refreshing change. I feel top 3 reasons below are most important in judging any company. This is how CT fares:

1. Awesome People & Management - most employees have been here avg. 6-7 years. So overall its a talented & smart pool of people with deep industry knowledge. Very hard working, but down to earth and cool!! Collaborative & fun loving. And this holds true from the junior most person right up to every senior executive and our CEO.

2. Communication - Personally I believe this is vital to keep people informed and motivated. Quarterly results, future plans shared with employees regularly & transparently. Management open to questions and suggestions (they are not defensive or sensitive). And management calls it as it is - whether we hit or miss our goals - they share the reasons, and instill a positive vibe for the future.

3. Pride & Passion - Again from the junior most right up to (and especially) our CEO, Cleatrippers are a passionate lot. We enjoy our work and take a lot of pride in our product, our company, and building something we believe in. Its rate to come to a place every morning where people are happy to be there.

4. Recognition - people recognized for good performance (and rewarded very well). And mind you, its true recognition for true performers.

5. Good place to learn & grow - CT is open to new ideas and innovation. People given opportunities to contribute meaningfully (in daily work and through special projects of their interest). CT is a technology leader. Totally focused on the long run and the customer.

6. Good W/L balance - People work hard and smart. Usually normal working hours. We have a lot of office activities (regular events, monthly celebrations) and a few parties etc.

7. Lean & to the point - coming from big companies where there were tonnes of unnecessary processes, I feel CT is great coz it has ONLY necessary processes. So its not chaotic like many startups. CT is a mature mid size company with good systems and processes, so people can focus on important work rather than unnecessary tasks.

8. Industry - E-commerce is the place to be now! CT is an established player.

Cons

Nothing major as such. But,
    1. Office infrastructure / furniture could definitely be better.
    2. Paternity leave could be a tad longer! ;-)

When it comes to building a great place to work, HR & top management have certainly done a great job. Hope this continues and that we continue extracting maximum performance from our people, make BIG strides in the marketplace while maintaining our DNA and spirit.

Very Positive Environment !

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Cleartrip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What i mean from positive environment - The flexibility to do experiments and develop new ways to do the same things better and much more effective. it gives a lot more ease at work and comfort that i think the performance and over all result increase by 2x.
    Now how it happens - the reporting managers does not bother you for small issues, rather they respect ones own style of working.
    One can approach directly to senior management in any department with thinking twice and keep their ideas and best practices in front of them - I am sure 8 out of 10 wont take any offense.

Cons

The infrastructure needs an improvement - which is getting developed with time.

More interaction with all the ground level employees will be beneficial.

Great learning experience, cutting-edge tech work, easy-going colleagues

I have been working at Cleartrip full-time

Pros

The work involved is cutting edge in terms of projects available, and technologies underlying the various products and features. Great place to get your hands dirty with several initiatives and learn new things. Also, the colleagues make the ride smooth and fun all along.

Cons

Salaries / hikes / promotions are not best in industry. Personal growth opportunities can get limited.

Work environment is great, but can be improved through regular engagement with employees at all levels.

Work hard, love it...and it loves you back!

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Cleartrip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome no-cubicle culture.
    Relaxed and semi-formal dress code.
    Vibrant and exuberant work culture and environment.
    Approachable and open Top Management.
    Centrally located and bright & alive offices.
    Frequent events and employee engagement programmes.
    Strong work ethics.

Cons

No crack-down on huge amounts of power (electricity) and water wastage, in office premises.

Allow employees to avail nice travel discounts.
    Be more involved in the appraisal & review processes.
    Don't critique, if you can't praise and/or appreciate. Feedback should come for both, positive as well as negative! Or neither.

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Creative Designer  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Creative Designer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Cleartrip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing Environment, Great place to explore, Great Office culture, Work life was balanced,

Cons

I was working for Marketing and PR as Creative designer for Middle East and also for India team, Every day i had Challenging work, I learnt a lot from higher management people,

Management is really excellent

Worked for Cleartrip? Contribute to the Community!