Clearwire

www.clearwire.com

Clearwire Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Clearwire President & CEO Erik Prusch

Erik Prusch

Pros
  • good pay and benefits for employees(in 5 reviews)

• Challenging and fast-paced with multiple relationships and systems to balance out(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance was hard when we were all working towards a common goal(in 19 reviews)

• Hours are expected to be 11am-9pm 6 days a week, no work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBest reason to work at Clearwire is the benefits

ConsBad communication, bad leadership, no promotional opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better managers

It's a Roller Coaster

Indirect Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat Benefits, flexibility to create and implement your own ideas, freedom to run your own show.

ConsWhere do I begin? I am underpaid in salary compared to my peers, Pullback and Churn are OUTRAGEOUS (180 day churn will eat any chance of a decent commission check), Pay plan is purposely set to be so confusing that you are just happy to get a commission check, customer complaints are vast, no CLEAR direction of what is going to happen with company, lay off after layoff, always wanting more with less, the company promotes overpromissing and misleading in the sake of getting a sale, all sales channels are fighting against each other for sales.....the list goes on and on!

The WIMAX technology in itself was a great idea but not something meant to last long term. CLEAR had it's haydays before the other carriers deployed their 4G networks......now the company is viewed as "the MetroPCS of wireless internet." My prediction is that the company will end up sold off before the end of 2011 to SPRINT, or most/all front line employees will be laid off and the company will go to a WHOLESALE ONLY model (see "LIGHTSQUARED"). This is definately NOT THE COMPANY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CAREER, VALUE INTEGRITY, OR HAVE ANY TYPE OF MORALS. They are looking for young, single, relocatable employees that can be sold a dream and will do anything in the name of a sale (including wearing bright green SPANDEX suits).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop screwing your employees on comp, but still expecting them to go out and produce. Fix your network, retain customers, and stop the bleeding.....but that would be too much like creating a long term plan to get the company on the right track and we know that's not the goal here. It was to get this $6bil, make some cash in the stock market, overpromote the company and gain a slew of customers, and dump this problem off on the 1st buyer that is willing, right?

Hectic, and disconnected.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood benefits, decent pay for the job performed. A lot of people in the organization are very proud of the products and service, and believe in what they are doing.

ConsSelf-centered mentality of management and team members, a real air of "this is my football, and we're not going to play" mentality among team members - it was like everyone was afraid to share any knowledge for fear of it lessening thier value; almost a paranoia it seemed.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess emphasis on trendy ads and catchy slogans, and more effort at hole-patching the network. Maybe a balance of both would benefit the company more.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Almost all of the makings of a good company to work for.

Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCreative freedom: we were able to use any form of distribution to make our sales as long as we were producing.

There was enough advertising and the product was so new and innovative, you had to actually talk your way out of a sale in order not to make it.

The pay was decent enough for the trade in supposed "upward mobility"

ConsThe product never worked I spoke to customers who had my personal phone number 20 hours a day trying to trouble shoot for them. I haven't worked there for 2 months and I still get calls.

That being said they took your commissions away if they canceled within 6 months so it was impossible to make money unless you blew away your quotas.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone shows up and consistantly performs, takes everything you throw at him/ her, trains your new hires in the field that also become top producers, find somewhere to place them before they work for one of your competitors.

A decent job for the short term but don't drink the Kool-Aid

Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe benefits are very good compared to most similar jobs and it's nice having a salary as well as commission. It's telecomm experience and a relatively cool product.

ConsThe management struggles on the direct sales side. They do a very poor job of cultivating talent and rather try to squeeze all they can before each rep inevitably burns out. They do not have an answer for most major challenges in the field and don't manage but rather tell you to "figure it out" and "make it work". The promotion structure is a farce - much of the hiring for positions above Field Sales rep are filled by outside applicants.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your sales force happy. Recognize talent and help those people grow. Offer advice beyond "Sell more tomorrow". Have a quota that reflects the sales cycle.

Worst Place to Work

Business Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCant think of any, maybe the fact that you get to work with new technology and can put that on your resume.

ConsDisfunctional management, no clear direction and unrealistic expectations. Clear works its employees ungodly hours and doesn't pay well enough for it. Managers play favorites and treat employees horribly. If you take a sales position there don't expect to last long, there is a very high turnover and for a good reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire new management

Worked for Clearwire? Contribute to the Community!