Clearwire

Clearwire Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Clearwire President & CEO Erik Prusch

Erik Prusch

Pros
  • good pay and benefits for employees(in 5 reviews)

• Challenging and fast-paced with multiple relationships and systems to balance out(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance was hard when we were all working towards a common goal(in 19 reviews)

• Hours are expected to be 11am-9pm 6 days a week, no work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

Good till the last drop!

Operations (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat group of people involved in the day-to-day operations at the end of Clearwire's line. Benefits were great (as I have discovered from being elsewhere after the CW departure) and flexibility to work from home was a HUGE plus.

ConsWork-life balance was a constant struggle...especially being 3 hours ahead of corporate's time zone. Compensation was fair, and growth was definitely present in certain business sectors.

Interesting

Director (Former Employee) Kirkland, WA

ProsLots of growth in the business in a relatively short period of time. Fast paced business with many market launches and product and technology changes.

Consdue to variety of funding cycles, there was a lot of stop/start activity over the years.

Manager IT

IT Manager (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsGreat company to work for with excellent benefits.

ConsAcquired by Sprint, financially unstable

Advice to Senior ManagementBest leadership team ever, employee centric company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's an ok job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay for the job performed
    Worked with awesome people

ConsFire people constantly
    Super pushy about sales

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so pushy.

It was fun while it lasted

ProsA company in constant flux. There were decent opportunities if you can ride the ups and downs long enough. Clearwire hired some really great people with good energy and attitudes.

ConsThe company was never fully funded and there were lots of lay offs. Most projects required you to work on a shoe string budget. Many people worked very long hours with little recognition. This company has since been purchased by Sprint and undergoing considerable staff changes.

Once had the tiger by the tail, but gave up a minute before the miracle.

Team Manager (Former Employee) Milton, FL

ProsEnjoyed the culture of the company and the opportunities for advancement from within. Wonderful benefits and above par compensation for the area.

ConsTransparency was lacking in many regards which led to many insecure employees and often lowered morale. The re-badging of employees to an outsource company was covert and resulted in the loss of respect by many employees. Process changes weren't very well planned and implemented resulting in confusion across departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe lack of transparency with employees and customers hindered efforts to grow the company in such a way that made it impossible to avoid acquisition by Sprint.

Amazing place to work!

Systems Integration Engineer (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsA great place to work and opportunity to grow.

ConsLots of opportunity to grow career path.

Lots of turn over

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHad high pay ranges for people that had been there a long time. The people that stayed after the merger with Sprint were the best of the best.

ConsLack of management through the executive level. We needed more focused leadership on moving the company forward, instead of just waiting to be sold. Extremely high turn over for executives and VP level.

Great place to work! Innovative!

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsOpen communication channels to and from top management. Culture allows free-flow of ideas and rewards risks. Multiple career paths available.

ConsUncertainty over long term goals and business model. Profitability not yet achieved.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to determine long-term goals that will lead to profitability

fast paced, challenging envrionment provides growth opportunities and job satisfaction

RF Engineer II (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

Prosgrowth, challenging opportunities, good benefits and fast paced technology buildout

Conswork life balance is average.

Worked for Clearwire? Contribute to the Community!