Clearwire Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
3.7

Clearwire President & CEO Erik Prusch
Erik Prusch

Pros
  • good pay and benefits for employees (in 5 reviews)

• Challenging and fast-paced with multiple relationships and systems to balance out (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance was hard when we were all working towards a common goal (in 19 reviews)

• Hours are expected to be 11am-9pm 6 days a week, no work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great till Sprint bought it.

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Clearwire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall Great Culture and Awesome People. The perks weren't bad, and there is a really attitude of "We are all in this together" that really makes you feel like part of a family.

Cons

No certainty about the future and once Sprint came in moral dropped and the layoffs began. Overall a hard environment to work in.

Manager IT

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to work for with excellent benefits.

Cons

Acquired by Sprint, financially unstable

Best leadership team ever, employee centric company.

A wild but fun ride.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Clearwire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Surrounded by very smart, motivated colleagues. Everyone very focused on company success. Very good employee training and recognition programs.

Cons

Uncertain future with Sprint acquisition. Expect a significant culture shift....

Retain the Clearwire culture and key personnel as much as possible through the Sprint acquisition.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

FUN

Former Employee - Senior Manager - IT  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager - IT in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Clearwire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team and other teams were always fun and collaborative regardless of differing in opinions. Overall belief that our personal development was important and transparency was a requirement.

Cons

Lots of cooks in the kitchen often made it hard to get things done, but we always found a way to deliver.

Most positive environment under difficult circumstances

Former Employee - Senior Manager - IT  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager - IT in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Clearwire full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent IT leadership. Good morale and high motivation during difficult circumstances.

Cons

The company went through multiple rounds of layoffs. It was difficult to deliver projects that needed more resources in the midst of layoff activities.

Thank you for the excellent leadership. Role model for how to lead under pressure.

An amazing opportunity with tons of growth and great people. I am worried I will never find that again in my career.

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Clearwire full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Going outside your job description was expected.
    Autonomy to get stuff done.
    Everyone is a leader.
    People, people, people
    The company worked with a chip on its shoulder which kept everyone sharp

Cons

Sprint bought the company out it was disbanded

Keep up the great work with future companies

Working at Clearwire was awesome, with the most amazing teams and leaders, and people in general.

Former Employee - Various Positions  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Various Positions in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Clearwire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clearwire was so unique an environment that scrappy, fun, engaging, dynamic, full of recognition, with an amazing group of talent, able to ride through storms and sunny days with the same tenacity and eagerness one would want with a tech start up. The possibilities for growth and support of all types of personalities was second to none.

Cons

Truly the only down side that I can say about working at Clearwire was that the time had to end and the people go their separate ways. I would have been happy to stay there for many years and will always look back at my years there fondly

I hope the management team from Clearwire takes their awesome and supportive enthusiasm to their next companies, and continues to deliver amazing leadership

Great experience with many opportunities

I have been working at Clearwire full-time

Pros

Infinite opportunities for upward movement

Cons

Lot of late nights working and weekends spent attached to your laptop.

Be more transparent, communicate more with employees

Great Experience

Current Employee - Desktop Support Associate  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time for less than a year

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Clearwire. I was set up through a college recruiting program ran by Kylah Searing. The entire process was fun and interactive. It was a program meant to get college grads used to work life. Exactly what I was looking for. The company culture was awesome. It was a work hard play hard culture. People shot around dart guns, messed around, had fun, pulled pranks, Thirsty Thursdays, etc. The CEO (Erik Prusch) was always around the office and would acknowledge anyone and everyone. At one company event there was whip cream pie to the face challenges. Erik was the first to get on the ground and start cleaning the cream off the floor. Great demonstration of leadership. The company put an emphasis on this by having cubicles for everyone on the same floor.

Towards the end of Clearwire Beth Taska took over as CHO. She ran a number of self development classes meant to educate and improve the live of employees inside and outside of work. She had a number of interactive exercises that I still use to day in my day to day routine when conversing with people.

The college recruitment program involved a mentorship program. It was pretty amazing because all the kids recruited from college had mentors that helped them receive new jobs at other companies after we were all laid off. I can say that my mentor was incredibly patient and taught me more than I could have learned in any other support position. My GPA is not great, but my resume and job experience trumps my college transcripts.

Cons

Its really too bad that Sprint let go of so many people that made the culture at the company. It was crazy to see how the company culture disappear over night. People walking around with vibrant smiles no longer enjoyed their time at Clearwire. I actually feel bad for those still there (I was there 8 months). However, when a company merges, this is all part of the process. No need to be bitter here. No one means anyone harm, its just business and wherever there are lay offs, there are new companies recruiting and growing everyday.

After years of experience be willing to look inside for potential flaws and blind spots. Because they are there.

Awesome culture, awesome people, awesome work!!

Current Employee - IT Associate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - IT Associate in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people, the business concept, the culture, it is all great!

Cons

Being bought out by Sprint

Worked for Clearwire? Contribute to the Community!