Clearwire

Clearwire Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Clearwire President & CEO Erik Prusch

Erik Prusch

Pros
  • good pay and benefits for employees (in 5 reviews)

• Challenging and fast-paced with multiple relationships and systems to balance out (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance was hard when we were all working towards a common goal (in 19 reviews)

• Hours are expected to be 11am-9pm 6 days a week, no work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Most positive environment under difficult circumstances

Senior Manager - IT (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsExcellent IT leadership. Good morale and high motivation during difficult circumstances.

ConsThe company went through multiple rounds of layoffs. It was difficult to deliver projects that needed more resources in the midst of layoff activities.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for the excellent leadership. Role model for how to lead under pressure.

FUN

Senior Manager - IT (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsGreat team and other teams were always fun and collaborative regardless of differing in opinions. Overall belief that our personal development was important and transparency was a requirement.

ConsLots of cooks in the kitchen often made it hard to get things done, but we always found a way to deliver.

An amazing opportunity with tons of growth and great people. I am worried I will never find that again in my career.

Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsGoing outside your job description was expected.
    Autonomy to get stuff done.
    Everyone is a leader.
    People, people, people
    The company worked with a chip on its shoulder which kept everyone sharp

ConsSprint bought the company out it was disbanded

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work with future companies

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Glad that they give me the opportunity.

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)

ProsNice culture, and great co-workers

ConsDon't have any at the moment.

CSR

Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) Pensacola, FL

Prosvery laid back atmosphere however unfortunately the higher tier groups have alot of negativity. Even though they have high negativity they still prove to be very resourceful in resolving issues.

ConsFinancial hardships unfortunately caused severe issues and hurt moral very badly. Company has had several sets of layoffs that unfortunately resulted in mixed feelings. i personally watched my brother, lover, and best friend all get let go because they were deemed not important enough to keep.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to let the hard times get you down

good place to be

Prosgood pay and benefits for employees

Consthe wireless industry is very volitile

Horrible environment

Field Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThere were no pros associated with working here

Consworking here was reminiscent of the movie "Boiler Room". That was the exact mentality at play with this company.

Great experience with many opportunities

ProsInfinite opportunities for upward movement

ConsLot of late nights working and weekends spent attached to your laptop.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent, communicate more with employees

Working at Clearwire was awesome, with the most amazing teams and leaders, and people in general.

Various Positions (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsClearwire was so unique an environment that scrappy, fun, engaging, dynamic, full of recognition, with an amazing group of talent, able to ride through storms and sunny days with the same tenacity and eagerness one would want with a tech start up. The possibilities for growth and support of all types of personalities was second to none.

ConsTruly the only down side that I can say about working at Clearwire was that the time had to end and the people go their separate ways. I would have been happy to stay there for many years and will always look back at my years there fondly

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope the management team from Clearwire takes their awesome and supportive enthusiasm to their next companies, and continues to deliver amazing leadership

Great while it lasted

ProsFun work environment. Got to work on lots of different kinds of projects. Leadership fought for employees during Sprint buyout.

ConsRan out of money and got purchased by Sprint.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck in your next endeavor.

Worked for Clearwire? Contribute to the Community!