Clearwire Reviews

Updated September 23, 2014
3.7

Clearwire President & CEO Erik Prusch
Erik Prusch

Pros
  • good pay and benefits for employees (in 5 reviews)

• growth, challenging opportunities, good benefits and fast paced technology buildout (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance was hard when we were all working towards a common goal (in 19 reviews)

• Hours are expected to be 11am-9pm 6 days a week, no work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Ok job, high turn over.

Current Employee - NRAE  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - NRAE in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Clearwire full-time for more than a year

Pros

flex. for college students. No onsite manager.

Cons

Shady managers push out bad sales. Promote getting as many devices out of your stores little concern for returns.

Focus on Good Sales and low return rates

Unrealistic Sales Expectations

Former Employee - National Retail Account Executive  in  Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - National Retail Account Executive in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Clearwire as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

$10/hr + Commission, Working within Best Buy, Team mentality.

Cons

Having a supervisor that expects you to take the two worst stores in the district and have them surpassing the sales of the best in the country. Very little training.

Set realistic goals for your employees and understand that some stores are not as profitable as others.

No love for small cities.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Moscow, ID
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Moscow, ID

I worked at Clearwire part-time for less than a year

Pros

Ok wage for the area. Good training.

Cons

I worked in a small city. Our main office was 30 miles away in Lewiston, ID and we were pretty much left on our own to run a kiosk in the Palouse Mall. The kiosk failed shortly after I got there. Their goals were unrealistic for a city the size of Moscow.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love working at Clearwire

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many pros to working at Clearwire. The first that comes to mind are the people and the culture. I have never worked with such friendly and helpful colleagues. Everyone knows the company's goals and works towards them.
    I also love the fact that the company works on technology that no other company in the US is working on. This is a great point of pride for me - our TD LTE network we are building.
    Entrepreneurial spirit is another reason I have stayed at Clearwire. No one sticks to their job description here - there are always projects and cross functional exposure to be had.

Cons

I think our weakness is also what makes us so great. Our biggest weakness has always been a lack of funding, but I also think that is what keeps us sharp as we continue to do more with less.

Simply Put

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time for less than a year

Pros

good pay, good benefits and great atmosphere. I have open and honest communication with my manager, feel appreciated and challenged. Help is just a question away, perks and entertainment are a constant. Community service is important as well as activites outside of the workplace amongst fellow emploees.

Cons

ALWAYS CHANGING. If that is not your thing, probably not the company for you.

There are a lot of angry ex-employees out there QUICK to voice their opinion. I understand that a company this size must have procedures...but you might want to think about the exit strategy.

Best company I have ever had. Best company I have ever worked for.

I have been working at Clearwire full-time

Pros

- Fast pace
    - Empowerment available for those willing to grasp it
    - Fairly flat org
    - Available leadership
    - High aim for transparency in comms
    - Flexibility to do what you're passionate about
    - Simple new values
    - Extremely generous safety net in uncertain times

Cons

- Uncertain future
    - Trouble past = lots of angry folks outside the company
    - Still working towards consistency across leadership team in culture / style

Keep investing time and money in your people as your number one priority. They'll build the networks, bring in the revenue, and fight off the wolves. Focus too much on the widgets and you'll lose what's best about Clearwire.

Exciting, riveting,

Current Employee - Strategy Assistant Lead  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Strategy Assistant Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at Clearwire full-time for more than a year

Pros

fun-filled and thriving experience, the sky is the limit to whatever level you hope to achieve

Cons

none. there are no cons to this job nor my position

If you have the drive and determination you can go far. Show thyself approved by engagement and numbers and anything is possible.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Entrepreneurial, positive culture; strong senior management team; interesting work; dynamic industry that's everchanging (always something new); and, above all, a terrific group of employees who care about their work and each other.

Cons

There's some uncertainty, but most of the people who work here thrive in this type of environment. If you are someone who is looking to make a contribution and further develop your skills and experiences than you'll be happy here. If you're looking for a definitive career path than you might be happier at another company.

I'd just like to say thank you for truly caring about the employees.

Really enjoy working at ClearWire.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working at ClearWire. The culture, people, and fast-paced environment keep coming to work each day fun. We have our share of challenges, whether it's uncertainty about the pending acquisition or funding for a big project, but in my experience that's just the way the corporate sector is today.

Reading some of the other reviews I'm not quite sure what group these folks are in, but I've never noticed anything remotely close to a "hostile" or "cut throat" environment (quite the opposite, in fact). There will also always be uncertainty and change, no matter what company/industry you're in, especially Telecomm. I think some people confuse this with poor leadership, which isn't always the case.

Thirsty Thursday events are fun, leadership brings in some food and drink and everyone gets a chance to socialize with folks outside of your normal working circles. The yearly employee appreciation day is an aboslute blast, tons of fun.

I sort of mentioned it earlier, but I've found that the people at ClearWire are fantastic. Everyone is friendly, fun, and always willing to help out.

Cons

It can be tricky at times to get the funding/resources needed to drive some projects that would benefit the business, but it's just part of the deal. Pay is about average for the industry, benefits are OK (would love to see just a PTO bucket instead of having vacation/sick/floating holidays). There aren't many options around for lunch, but it's getting better with food trucks coming during the week (minor annoyance, but worth noting).

I mentioned above about the fast pace and frequent change in direction, but honestly it's not any different than anywhere else I've worked, especially in Telecomm.

Change the time off policy to have one PTO bucket instead of vacation/sick/floating holiday buckets.

Rearranging Deck Chairs

Former Employee - Network Engineer  in  Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Clearwire full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Decent compensation
    -Decent benefits
    -Management at least pretends to be interested in creating a fun work environment

Cons

-No real structure for promotion or growth
    -Lack of vision leads to the creation of programs and projects that are the hot item one day then gone the next
    -Lack of proper management leads to some employees working 80+ hour weeks to complete other people's work that has not been completed
    -Award structures favor those who play politics and not those working above and beyond their position

Worked for Clearwire? Contribute to the Community!