Cleary Building Corp.

Employer Engaged

Terrible Company

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at Cleary Building Corp. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are NO Pros to working for this company, I wasted 5 years of my life with this Company. You will never achieve the goals they put in front of you, You will never make the money they say you can. However I got close to making it, Although most of you compensation is bonus and you get taxed 42%. Turn over will always be 300%. Terrible, Dishonest, Rude, Uneducated ,Back Stabbers.

Cons

Cons,Everything about the company. The Senior Management needs replaced, Everyone DM'S and up. Start over. Especially Everyone in the Western US.

Sell the company, Honestly Sell it to someone With Integrity, and Values.

Don't waste your time, and to be fair, their's......

Current Employee - Bss in Delta, CO
    Current Employee - Bss in Delta, CO

I have been working at Cleary Building Corp. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Average employee is a very nice person.

Cons

"Management" is what rose to the position due to this corporations attrition level..... if you can deal with it, you just have to wait for someone to quit, then fill that job.

Seriously, get some professionals in there.... or at least have a real consulting company review everything. You have high turn over, look in a mirror and figure it out.... most of the so called reviews on here were written by employees or by your current "marketing" office, (same style of writing and grammar/spelling issues I got in emails). You will continue to be unable to retain people if you keep things as they are.

Supervisors do not respond to requests and or complaints

Current Employee - Foreman
    Current Employee - Foreman

I have been working at Cleary Building Corp. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Seems to always be plenty of work. The company focuses a lot on keeping the staff safe.

Cons

Disappointing to know that even when having discussions with management or supervisors regarding the work load, no one listens or seems to care. Shifts are 12-15 hours per day for 6 or more days a week. There were times when I wasn't home for three weeks straight including working through weekends. Hours are shifted on your drive logs to make sure you aren't caught at a DOT stop. The company says they are family oriented, however only if you consider Cleary as your only family. Work for them, have no home life.

Have a corporate contact number outside of your local branches to handle conflicts. Internally, no one listens. Stop passing the buck - LISTEN to your employees and you may keep more of the good ones.

Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Verona, WI
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Verona, WI

I have been working at Cleary Building Corp. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I go to work every day not because I HAVE to go to my job, but because I LOVE doing what I do for a living. Employer is DEBT FREE. There are a lot of great opportunities to advance within the company. Hard work is recognized.

Cons

The fast paced working environment keeps you on yours toes! I wouldn't call this a con so to speak but knowing this ahead of time will only help you out in the beginning.

Continue to keep your sights on the goals that are in place.

Always getting better

I have been working at Cleary Building Corp. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly work environment, plenty of opportunity for those looking to take on responsibility and advance their career. Produce quality products and many wonderful people help make the workplace a fast paced fun environment!

Cons

Some of the downsides of working at Cleary Building Corp. include having to continually challenge myself to make sure that my contributions to the collective effort are of the utmost value to company goals and objectives.

Great Career Opportunity in a growing industry

Current Employee - Mid-level Manager At Corp Office in Verona, WI
    Current Employee - Mid-level Manager At Corp Office in Verona, WI

I have been working at Cleary Building Corp. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Demonstrate your capabilities to add value to the company and you will be rewarded. Good team environment and cooperation between departments.

Cons

Very fast-paced environment and you need to bring your "A" game to every situation. High energy level required to be successful.

Evaluate compensation system throughout the company and simplify where possible. Current incentive programs are appreciated by employees but in some cases too complicated to understand fully and thus can be difficult to achieve.

Very rewarding. Can see myself here for many years to come.

Current Employee - Manager in Verona, WI
    Current Employee - Manager in Verona, WI

I have been working at Cleary Building Corp. part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Stability. Great product. Always trying to improve.

Cons

No complaints with Cleary Building Corp.

Everyone is willing to help and teach, environment feels like a team.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

I have been working at Cleary Building Corp. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn the ins and outs of post frame construction including project management, estimating and operations. Beautiful campus overlooking private lake. Management willing to work with personal schedules.

Cons

Inconsistences in the handling of mistakes made in the field and by salesmen. High turnover among sales and crew.

More incentives for corporate and crew will help boost moral and hopefully reduce turnover.

My experience working for Cleary Building Corp has been rewarding and always positive

Current Employee - Building Sales Specialist in Verona, WI
    Current Employee - Building Sales Specialist in Verona, WI

I have been working at Cleary Building Corp. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My job is very rewarding in selling buildings to clients and seeing the dreams appear whether that be a simple garage or complex commercial bldg.

Cons

Typical sales position in the your are on your client's time frame and some times can cut into personal time.

Very strong management team, keep up the great work

Employee point of view, overall career since 1998, has been the best experience of my life.

Current Employee - Building Sales Specialist in Payson, UT
    Current Employee - Building Sales Specialist in Payson, UT

I have been working at Cleary Building Corp. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The entire company has shown me support, taught me many attributes, gave me tools to succeed and provided me with many opportunities to allow growth in my field.

Cons

Understanding my errors are not intentional, I sometimes feel as though I am not trusted completely to do what is right. I believe in this company, it's values and expectations are my own. I also understand that not all feel the same way and have caused damage to our company reputation. I strive to prove myself daily and repair faith and trust with clients, co-workers and management.

Allow for error, trust that I am working very hard for you every day. Assume the good in all until proven otherwise. I want to be a part of this company family and have made many relationships that will last my lifetime. I appreciate every minute working for you, I am truly passionate about what we do each day. *Please allow me to have my incentives to be sent directly to me sealed in an envelope so it is not shared information with others... That's the only thing that kind of gets to me.