Cleveland Clinic

Cleveland Clinic Reviews in Cleveland, OH

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Cleveland Clinic Chairman, President, and CEO Toby Cosgrove

Toby Cosgrove

Pros
  • We have great benefits including great health care coverage(in 23 reviews)

• Good benefits, flexible schedule, lots of jobs, tuition reimbursement, room for growth(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, there is a contradiction between stated work/life balance goals and real expectations(in 6 reviews)

• You have to pay for parking, which is the only way unless you live on a bus route(in 5 reviews)

215 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Organization - If I ever left I would certainly consider returning

Quality Improvement (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsWe have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the world. The culture is of innovation & questioning everything to make improvements, fearless leadership into the unknown to drive the industry, not respond to the industry. The relationships are professional & respectful, partnership & collegial at all levels. No one pulls a "I'm a Harvard grad MD" card. We work as a team, a unit. The patient population & the employee base is international..it's like working at the UN...very culturally sensitive, respectful & very interesting. We have great benefits including great health care coverage. Work/life balance is respected.

ConsThe salaries are not very competitive & it's hard to nudge your salary up because of all the tiers/structure given such a large organization.

Decent place to work

Coordinator (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsBenefits are good, learning center has plenty of classes to take, wellness taken very seriously

ConsLayers upon layers of management. It felt the C suite was very transparent until recently. Now everything seems shrouded in mystery and employees are left wondering what is coming next. Flow of information varies in each department. I learn more about what is going outside my department than on the inside. Recent early retirement buyouts and layoffs are leaving some employees feeling uncertain about the future of the clinic and their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out some middle management. There are way too many "lower/middle" management positions that are not necessary.

The Cleveland Clinic is great organization for inspiring professional and personal growth.

Staff RN (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThe benefits are excellent. The training environment has great potential when properly funded and utilized. The Cleveland Clinic provides an environment that will drive and motivate individuals to seek personal and professional growth.

ConsAt times, employees and/or their departments will be on the wrong end of a business decision. This leads to frequent adaption to new policies, protocols, and initiatives to meet employment performance criteria and patient needs. The education benefits program was a huge plus, however recently funding for the program was decreased (for non-nursing degrees) because of cost repositioning efforts. Employees who were already enrolled in the program were not grandfathered into the original reimbursement when they signed up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThe pros: great work life balance, benefit package is great

ConsThe cons at the Clinic is the salaries are not as competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees

Nine years just like Alice--through the Looking Glass

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsJob security is pretty good. Rules are on a "case-by-case basis" so if your boss likes you....

ConsTotally Liberal organization. All terms used today are re-defined tomorrow if it benefits them. Rules are on a "case-by-case basis" so if your boss doesn't like you, or needs a scapegoat.... Raises are small and delayed (unless you are an MD or upper management).Egos are at full tilt.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt won't help they don't listen to anyone--not even each other.

Cleveland Clinic

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsA wonderful learning place and a wonderful place to climb the ladder in your career.

ConsI can't think of any cons

Overall good from the medical point of view

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

Prosgood benefits and medical coverage

Conspolitics are an absolute nightmare

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your staff with respect!!!

It was a very valuable experience, worked very hard and met some wonderful people.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat benefits and co-workers. I learned so much from my team and coworkers. Met lots of wonderful people.

ConsWork very hard, not always appreciated. Although benefits are good, pay rate is poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the good talent you have

Cleveland Clinic Experience is wonderful.

Student Nurse (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsA great place to learn a lot.

ConsNO cons I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it going :)

I learned a great deal from this company.

Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) East Cleveland, OH

ProsThe income potential is grand and you will learn a great deal about the medical field.

ConsThis company is not always good about taking care of their own employees or the poor people in the poor neighborhoods. They had a wonderful hospital in the city of E. Cleveland. It was a trauma 1 hosptal which was located in the inner city where there was a great deal of elderly tax payers with health concerns and a great deal of crime resulting in trauma medical emergency care. They not only closed the hospital but tore it down!

Advice to Senior ManagementI found that with most of the upper managment team they are mostly out for themselves and the mighty dollar.

Worked for Cleveland Clinic? Contribute to the Community!