Cleveland Clinic

268 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

It's all business

Current Employee - MRI in Lakewood, OH
    Current Employee - MRI in Lakewood, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The People in our department are like a big family. Very friendly staff.

Cons

No room for advancement at all. Try to pick up extra hours 7 months ago and were dragging their feet. Was promised a lead tech role and was then shot down.

Patient safety is becoming a big issue! Not only is it becoming unsafe for patients but it is becoming unsafe for the staff as well since hours are being cut. It's going to take a serious and series of events for something to be done to correct it but by then it will be too late.

Not an ideal place for researchers

Current Employee - Research Fellow in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Research Fellow in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent health benefits, work environment, research core services and support, collaboration among peers and labs, access to an enriched library and access to a wide array of research papers and journals

Cons

Does not promote researchers in alternate career opportunities, poor guidance with regards to jobs in non academic areas, extremely stressful, low pays for researchers, if asked for a raise you may lose your job instead, poor funding situation for researchers.

Please provide researchers with alternate career opportunities.... Merely doing career development series does not help... It actually requires helping the researchers as they try along those paths.

Very good experience, fair pay and room to grow in a extremely professional environment

Current Employee - Behavioral Counselor in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Behavioral Counselor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay the supervision and the experience

Cons

Some coworkers are nasty and it's hard to let go of employees

Take notice of employees relations and inter office bullying

Administrative Program Coordinator

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great and its a large organization

Cons

Extremely stressful with very little support from leadership.

Not what I expected

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, decent pay considering health insurance covers so much, tuition reimbursement, some growth opportunities, emphasis on top-notch patient care, state-of-the-art treatments and technology, 12-hour shifts, and some of my coworkers are great.

Cons

There are too many politics. Too many moody and lazy employees; there needs to be more of an emphasis on finding top-notch, hard-working, compassionate employees. If the Clinic put half the effort into hiring such PCNAs, dietary employees, housekeepers, etc. as they do with higher-up positions (RNs, NPs, MDs, SWs, RTs, etc.), I wouldn't be quitting, patients would be more satisfied, and other employees wouldn't be scurrying out of the doors. Come on! This isn't science; it's common sense. I'm all for CCF being an EQUAL opportunity employer; that doesn't mean you hire a copious amount of lazy, unappreciative, apathetic employees. The Clinic needs a massive employee restructuring! I should have to see a McDonald's employee stuffing chicken nuggets in her mouth and another dancing while I am waiting to order a coffee. Not to mention, I am sick of floating at least once a week to different parts of the hospital where I have to deal with even more jerks in addition to working on a unit I'm unfamiliar with! As a RN, it is hard to rely the supportive staff. I have pharmacy techs chewing gum in my ear when I call for a medication, hanging up on me, and not sending the medications my patients need! These managers need to tighten their reins and fire any employee not contributing to the Cleveland Clinic's "world-class care"/patient-first mission. This point-system is also killing me! I called off four times over the course of an entire year and have almost reach my point max. In addition, I provided a possible revision to this system and was simply blown off.

I apologize if this review is crass. But I do not apologize for the truth behind it. I am a good nurse. I have excellent rapport with our patients and with my managers. I have been awarded many Caregiver Celebrations. But the astounding large number of employees that have a chip on their shoulders simply need to be fired. They are crushing the spirits of all the good, compassionate, hard-working employees who share the same vision and goal of providing world-class care as you do. Moreover, our patients are making comments about these employees. I had an AMET situation on my unit about a month ago and there were two EVS employees loudly chatting it up and obnoxiously laughing outside of my patient's room. Meanwhile, my patient was in respiratory distress and his parents were in tears. This patient died later that night. What message does this send to our patients? Does this scenario fit a world-class care image? Why weren't these employees doing their jobs? Why, after contacting their manager about a multitude of issues with these employees, do the same employees return day after day, performing the minimum? The management has to get a firmer grip on these employees; they are disgracing what the Cleveland Clinic stands for and what it has fought years to achieve. Needless to say, I am simply leaving Main Campus and seeking an opportunity with one of the regional hospitals. I cannot handle anymore. I am a kind, caring individual and I am simply exhausted and burnt out in dealing with the present "climate" at Main Campus. The achievements Steve Jobs made with Apple were only done by not accepting or tolerating mediocrity; he consistently strove to only manufacture and sell top-notch products. This same thinking style needs to be incorporated into all aspects of CCF. That goes from the supplies used in the hospitals to the employees hired -- regardless of what position it's for.

Biased

Former Employee - Medical Secretary III in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Medical Secretary III in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cleveland Clinic full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Salary was good to me.

Cons

Office culture was imbalanced. Time off policies were not equally managed. Leadership less than quality. No place for advancement even WITH a degree.

Treat employees like you value them.

Good place for experience

Current Employee - Staff RN in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with are the best part of working at the clinic. Nurse manager truly cares about employees

Cons

Upper management could care less about nursing. Everything comes down on nurses first. Budget cuts= better cut nurses incentives

Start looking out for the nurses because they are the oil to the machine.

RN

Former Employee - Staff RN in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cleveland Clinic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful educational opportunities and health benefits. My manager was also wonderful.

Cons

Shift differential could be more of what the market is offering.

None....keep up the good work

It was a good entry level job.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cleveland Clinic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Positive environment. Great health benefits. Tuition reimbursement was amazing. However, I heard it was drastically reduced in the last couple of years.

Cons

A lot of time is wasted on the politics and therefore things don't get done as quickly. Pay was low compared to the market. However, I couldn’t complain because I did not have a lot of experience coming into the job. Parking was horrible and expensive. I worked on the main campus which is not easily accessible coming in from the east side.

Promote within.

lpn er 5 years

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Lakewood, OH
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Lakewood, OH

I worked at Cleveland Clinic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

worked with great people, good schedules, good benefits, was easy to schedule time off,

Cons

i did not have any complaints about the company.