Cleveland Clinic

Cleveland Clinic Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Cleveland Clinic Chairman, President, and CEO Toby Cosgrove

Toby Cosgrove

Pros
  • We have great benefits including great health care coverage(in 23 reviews)

• Good benefits, flexible schedule, lots of jobs, tuition reimbursement, room for growth(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, there is a contradiction between stated work/life balance goals and real expectations(in 6 reviews)

• You have to pay for parking, which is the only way unless you live on a bus route(in 5 reviews)

Great benefits, amazing resume builder and many wear opportunities.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThe growth within the hospital.

ConsNothing that i've encountered working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry implementing the LEAN project into management skills.

Six Sigma Project in the Pharmacy Department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked as a project analyst there. The supervisor is nice and helpful.

ConsThis is not enough information provided for the project.

Cleveland's Best Employer!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsExcellent benefits that range from affordable health insurance with maximum coverage to discounts at Panera and your local dry cleaner.

ConsCleveland Clinic is a large and complex organization that can be difficult to navigate.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways remember, employees are our greatest asset.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work...

Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsTop notch facilities, great technology, growth opportunities, above average tuition reimbursement

ConsBelow median salaries, below average raises, no bonus structure available

Advice to Senior ManagementUp the salary requirements to retain the best talent

Great employer!

Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat coworkers. Cleveland Clinic also has several locations and several locations.

ConsEmployees at the main campus have to pay for parking at the main campus. Expensive to eat at the main campus, but many restaurants to choose from.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome managers could use some soft skills training.

Pretty good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, flexible schedule, lots of jobs, tuition reimbursement, room for growth

ConsToo many office politics. Poor training for new staff. Management isn't all on the same page.

I enjoy working with the many different cultures

Medical Assistant (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThe people you work with on a daily basis

ConsNot respected by department management

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication to your staff goes a long way. Bring information learned in your 24/7 meetings back to your staff.

Reimbursement Specialist

Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsPay well, Insurance is a little on the expensive side but better than many plans

ConsNot as good as they used to be form medical care, or to work for. Employees used to matter and now It's all about the poor management. Human Resources ignore employee complaints of the abusive manner management treat employee's.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to speak to their employees and treat them with respect. Learn enough of the positions you are supervising and managing in order to give excellent training and skills to new employees, or when employees have questions, they can be answered and not just ignored.

Okay

ProsExcellent Benefits!!! Friendly people. Decent Research environment.

ConsUpper management.....Limited career development options for scientists.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoesn't matter ..... it won't change.

Phenomenal Place to Work!

Research Technician (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsI worked as a Research Technician in the Lerner Research Institute for three years. The Cleveland Clinic takes very good care of their employees, and I always felt that my work was appreciated. I was proud to work for a company that is on the cutting edge of medical research and was well-respected among the global community.

ConsThe pay wasn't that great, but I felt like the benefits and the joy of working there more than made up for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating! It is so nice to see management who are so invested in constantly pushing the envelope in Medicine.

Worked for Cleveland Clinic? Contribute to the Community!