Cleveland VA Medical Center

Updated July 13, 2014
Updated July 13, 2014
2.0

CEO

A great place to be a nurse.

I have been working at Cleveland VA Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for the VA as a RN since 1995. VA has given me tremendous security and stability, educational opportunities and job growth. At the VA, I have learned how to do more with less and how to work through challenges that may not exist in the private sector. VA is not a hospital where the physician #1 and the nurse's voice isn't heard. Despite the prevalence of mental illness, substance abuse and severe comorbidities, the patients are wonderful: it has been a privilege to care for WWI, WACs from WWI, Tuskeegee Airmen, Pearl Harbor, Battle of the Bulge, Korea, Vietnam and OEF/OIF vets.
    Generous vacation and sick leave, a beautiful and newly remodeled hospital and clinic, great health insurance options and retirement.

Cons

Government beaurocracy, budget issues, lack of prestige and innovation, weak middle management and disconnected upper management. Non-professional staff like some clerks are horrendous and very distinct process for discipline and removal are not followed so these people are shuffled around to cause trouble elsewhere.

Upper management needs a greater presence, stop promoting people to middle management with the proper training.

A humiliating experience due to the clinical supervisor.

I have been working at Cleveland VA Medical Center as an intern

Pros

I was unpaid and truly dedicated to serving our nation. The clients were receptive.

Cons

I was left on my own most of the time and blasted at the end. All in all, a disturbing experience.

Pay attention to your clinical supervisors.

psycho managers

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cleveland VA Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

compensation, medical benefits, great place to become fat and lazy. that really is every reason I can come up with.

Cons

lazy are rewarded, management is psychotic, accountability is a joke. rules are selectively applied.....the list is endless, and I was never on the bad side of my manager. it can be worse yet. total waste of tax dollars.

fire all the managers, way too much fat at the top,

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Former patient

I worked at Cleveland VA Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nothing. Absolutley Nothing. The entire staff are just terrible.

Cons

Abusive staff, terrible service, full of liars

Fire all the staff that are not veterans. The ones who are not veterans don't care for the patients, and they don't care about the abuse they're subjectin their patients to. All they care about is collecting paychecks and benefits. Also, the black staff are very racist and they like to pull the race card whenever someone outside of their race disagrees with them.

And that is where OUR tax dollars go...?

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Akron, OH

I have been working at Cleveland VA Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy Work, Great Pay and Benefits

Cons

No accountability of lazy federal workers

Worked for Cleveland VA Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!