Cleverex Systems Reviews

1. Missed the "family" there at Cleverex

Current Employee - Task Lead in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Task Lead in Reston, VA

I have been working at Cleverex Systems

Pros

I was able to participate in the complete business cycle: product development and improvement, support, training and sales. I currently work for a much larger company, doing one specialty task, not much challenge. Really miss the feeling of "overwhelmed" by different tasks at Cleverex which really helped me develop my capacity. Miss the independence I had at Cleverex.

Cons

Like someone said, "Consulting is not a sexy industry today" as people expect you to be a Google with a hair budget of Google.

Advice to Management

Focus on your goal and you will succeed!

2. I loved working here

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Cleverex Systems

Pros

What a great company. Our projects were interesting and the managers gave me a lot of freedom about my work. There were no annoying processes and I got a lot of chances to learn new things. I really miss Cleverex.

Cons

I felt a little uneasy that my salary came from tax dollars. My conscience is lighter in the private sector.

Advice to Management

Maintain the agile, theory y management that was so enjoyable.

3. Great environment for learning and living.

Former Employee - Software Developer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Reston, VA

I worked at Cleverex Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is great at attracting talented developers and retaining them. Turnover is low. Management is knowledgeable and approachable. They will take the time to understand any blockers you are having and are concerned with your work-life balance. The content platform is challenging, but with experienced and patient co-workers, you will pick up the requirements quickly. Work hours can be flexible, allowing you to manage your schedule, and management is very understanding about family issues. The CEO is approachable and will call you into his office from time to time to speak with you and get a feel for how things are going. This was a great opportunity when I started there; I worked there for almost 8 years and left behind co-workers who are also approaching 10 years themselves.

I would highly recommend Cleverex to anyone looking for a career in IT.

Cons

No real cons. The biggest challenge was the content platform, but eventually you do pick it up. Just asking questions or your co-workers and the support team.

5. Great company for your career in IT field and nice working environment

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I worked at Cleverex Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at Cleverex from 2012 to 2014. It is a really great working experience there. Cleverex president and team director are always very nice and very helpful when the employee needs anything from them. The colleagues also treat each other very well and thus I have to say the working environment and teamwork culture at Cleverex are very great and the employee can gain lots of fun and happiness during working at Cleverex. In addition, Cleverex also provides a large space and good platform for the career growth in IT field. The job at Cleverex was my first job and it gave me a broad view and deep knowledge about the web development and led me into the door of IT field. Finally, I want to say that the turnover rate in my team is actually lower than the market. Several teammates have worked at Cleverex for more than 7 years. Many thanks to Cleverex. I highly recommend Cleverex to anyone that seeks a good career development in IT field or wants to have a good balance between work and life.

Cons

I have no cons to report

6. A good experience!

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cleverex Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my 5 years of employment at Cleverex Systems. This job gave me an opportunity to travel and gain experience while working on client side. Management provided good perks while travelling.

Company respects its employees and gives them liberty in bringing in new ideas. It is one of those places where senior management works hard and sets up the right example for entire team.

I also found company very supportive, it stuck by me during my personal ups and downs, respecting me as a person- not just an employee. I was also allotted time off during my surgery and was given time to rest and recover without any mental pressure.

If you work hard you would definitely be noticed and rewarded.

Located close to Washington DC it gave me an opportunity to stay in city. It is well connected by public transport.

Cons

Less social gatherings due to small size of company. Which might be a good thing, less office gossip.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all the opportunities.

7. Nice learning environment

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Reston, VA

I worked at Cleverex Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for several companies before joining Cleverex, I must say that Cleverex was the best firm that offered me the opportunity to learn new technologies. In the high tech industries, to be able to learn is critical for career growth. I was able to get in the knowledge management arena quickly because of the great learning environment. The company provided training sessions, and I was able to apply what I learned to a real client project for the Office of Head Start. The system the company built for this client has become a mission critical component of the nation's head start community.

Cons

I really do not have any cons to report.

Advice to Management

Keep up with all the great work!!! Cleverex rocks!!!

8. Poor upper management

I worked at Cleverex Systems full-time

Pros

There are no positives to working at cleverex.

Cons

- Will lie to you about job responsibilities to make job sound more interesting
    - When you tell them you want to leave the company they will threaten to give future employer's poor reviews of you
    -Upper management will micro manage you on a daily basis
    -Turnover rate is high, even with managers. This is because of poor CEO.
    -Company has lost market share for the past 5 years and is unstable
    -Most developers work in CHINA
    -No work/ life balance
    - Small poor preforming company means little career growth.
    -I have worked at nearly 10 different employers in my career, my experience here has been by far the worst.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better to decrease turnover and increase attractiveness to new employees. Consider hiring a new CEO with better experience at managing small companies.