Click Here Labs Reviews

2.2
Randy Bradshaw

It was ok

I worked at Click Here Labs

Pros

A lot of direct exposure to clients. Management allows developers high interaction with all disciplines. Benefits and profit sharing are great.

Cons

Very slow growth in career. Make sure you get a high entering salary, as raises are very poor.

Advice to Management

Encourage and empower leaders to create a good working environment.

Men's club, no where to advance, terrible new seating kills any coworker camaraderie.

I worked at Click Here Labs full-time

Pros

Good team to work with, however most of the best people have left, been driven away, or were laid off. There's a decent group left. Once upon a time this was an amazing place, but it's being slowly converted to be just as mediocre as the parent company.

Cons

There's a few bad apples. Mainly in the QC department, there's some particular people who like to sexually harass women. However, these people are also very charming and well liked among the very male run/dominated company, so upper management refuses to believe this or do anything about it. I know this has had the unfortunate side effect of driving a few of my friends/coworkers to quit and go elsewhere. So be warned you'll likely have to deal with this.

Promotions are non existent. Raises are unpredictable, and you must ask for them to even get them. Management clearly play favorites. As a female, it's near impossible to break into that circle of upper management's favorites.

Work hours are long. Maternity leave is the most laughable policy you will ever read (basically, you use your vacation and sick time as maternity leave - so the rest of the year/next year you are screwed.)

New building is shiny and pretty, but it has major issues. The parking was planned by a 4th grader. The new benching system destroyed the community of "pods" (groups of 8 cubes) that we once had. Its impossible to talk to a coworker without disturbing other people, which again - like the loss of pods - has destroyed sense of community. All privacy is lost. Quiet is lost - there's a constant hum of noise and phones, however headphones are discouraged. So if you need some concentration time, you are out of luck.

As far as our "digital" work, it's laughable. The creatives here are years behind the times. The work is mediocre, poorly planned, and you end up with websites laid out like print, not digital.

If you work here, learn to toot your own horn. You will never get any recognition, raises, or approval unless you constantly point out what you've done. There are plenty of people who will slander you behind your back, and upper management is too clueless to know the truth, so speak up for yourself.

3. Hasnt quite met my expectations.

Current Employee - Digital Project Management in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Digital Project Management in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Click Here Labs part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wealth of experience and information all around you. Company encourages individual growth by mandating employee presentations (to the rest of the company) about anything digital. Weekly meetings for aforementioned presentations allows you to learn information about the digital world. Company invites contributions for yearly digital trend publication. Lots of project information sharing. Management continues to work on improving processes and seek out our opinion.

Cons

Work load can be insane at times.
    Solo work environment - you can easily get lost in all the people (there are 690 employees currently with The Richards Group). It takes a lot to stand out in the crowd although the opportunity is there. Amazing retirement benefits that kick in after 5 years. Insurance is free for the employee but once you add dependents, get ready to sell your first born to keep up with the cost. And even at the enormous cost, insurance does NOT cover preventative care. Company LOVES to hire just-out-of college graduates. Thats fine and great but it seems like as a seasoned employee, I am training these young ones every time I turn around. Also creates an environment where its hard to relate to much younger co-workers.

Advice to Management

Consider employees with family. Especially when it comes to insurance.
    Bring your employees together more. Have a more "we actually care about you" environment. I dont get the warm and fuzzies working here - its not a requirement for all but it is for me. Hire different ages for more experience.

Ready to work? Good. That's all you'll be doing.

Current Employee - Digital Programmer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Digital Programmer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Click Here Labs

Pros

Good looking, mostly friendly people. No dress code. Good (Apple) hardware and software provided. Nice office, with large cubicles. Lots of eating and shopping options around. If you can stick it out for 5 years you get profit sharing and join the secret club of those who don't get fired.

Cons

Project requirements are written like a children's story. If you're new and your first project is going bad, be prepared to be thrown under the bus. Lots of talk, little action, about changing process. People here seem to just accept perpetually long hours and needless chaos.