ClickMotive Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
Stuart Lloyd

1. ClickMotive was a rapidly growing company with a great culture and work environment. Clear goals and expectations.

Former Intern - Operations Intern in Plano, TX
    Former Intern - Operations Intern in Plano, TX

I worked at ClickMotive as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

No micromanaging. FIFA with CEO, fun work. ClickMotive allows everyone to give input, even the interns. Great hardworking and relatable coworkers. I had tons of freedom even as an intern, and they build into you whatever knowledge you seek.

Cons

Since they were bought by DealerTrack, I have heard of a culture clash although I have not experienced it.

Advice to Management

Keep ClickMotive the way it was traditionally run, it obviously worked! Formalities and politics only decrease productivity within a technology company.

2. Great team and lots of fun work

Former Employee - Developer in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Developer in Plano, TX

I worked at ClickMotive full-time

Pros

Loved working with a lot of the people and the projects were fun. The job was challenging and I learned a lot! The office space is really cool, and there were plenty of perks, like TV, a full kitchen, games, and food. The drive is pretty good too. Most of the people work really hard and there aren't many slackers, which was a nice change.

Cons

Work-life balance was hard to keep up. Dealt with some arrogant people. Low-level management didn't give clear direction. Too much complaining.

Advice to Management

More training for low-level managers would be good. They seemed really out of their league.

3. Great time to get in at a growing company

Current Employee - Account Executive in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Plano, TX

I have been working at ClickMotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere, perks, casual environment, emphasis on ability and productivity vs. connections or education, no micro-managing

Cons

We are growing so fast that there has been no time to create a formal training program... things can get overlooked or fall through the cracks when it comes to getting the know-how to do your job to the best of your ability

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. Don't drink the kool aid

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at ClickMotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ClickMotive has the makings of a wonderful company. The owners are genuinely nice guys with the talent to prove it. It's true they are a very fast growing company.

Cons

But that is also a big problem. From the managers down. It gets less than appealing. While it's not true for all departments many of them operate in their own little bubbles with managers less than 6-7 years into their careers. That may not seem like a little bit of experience but when they weren't high end jobs before CM it leads to some very green people calling the shots. Lots of late 20 somethings more concerned about whats up for lunch and when they can get out early for some TopGolf. Learn to play to social game if you want to stay there.

Advice to Management

With the fast pace it's easy to miss the details. Just because things are getting done it doesn't mean they are getting done efficiently. Anyone with long term high end experience will notice that right away and will not want to stay. Watch the social cliques they really bring the moral down.

6. What a pleasure to go to work every day!

Current Employee - Head of Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Head of Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ClickMotive

Pros

Love the casual environment that encourages free thinking and creativity. I love that the company judges us on Results vs. Effort. If you do your job well, you are rewarded.

Cons

There are not offices in multiple foreign countries. There is always next year.

Advice to Management

Please keep the lines of communication open and encourage us to grow with the company. Onward and upward. Thanks.

The best & brightest

I have been working at ClickMotive

Pros

Casual Dress, Video Game Lounge, Free Food & Snacks, Annual Pool Party, Annual Year-End Party with cash & prizes, Professional friendly employees. Strong & rigorous interview process that accepts only the very best.

Cons

Fast growing, fast changing, aggressive environment. A culture of excellence that flushes out the dead-weight. Non-performers won't survive long in this place. The client base is growing so fast, it can be challenging to keep up.

I am absolutely blessed to work for such an amazing company!

I have been working at ClickMotive

Pros

ClickMotive has a casual dress code, very fun and relaxed environment, is very family focused, honest and transparent leadership, a team atmosphere, many professional growth opportunities, and great benefits. I've never seen a company that cared about their employees as much as ClickMotive does. It's evident everyday in almost everyone from ownership to intern. I've worked for ClickMotive for a couple of years now and I've never even thought about looking for another job!

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that our standard for hiring employees is very high. This sometimes makes it difficult to find the necessary employees to fill new roles as we continue to grow. I see this as more of a pro than a con though.

Advice to Management

ClickMotive leadership is great! They are personable, honest, family focused, intelligent, experienced, and not afraid to make a mistake and admit when they do. They lead by example.

9. Stay away from this place!

I worked at ClickMotive

Pros

Casual dress code, jeans / t-shirts.

Cons

ClickMotive is a cut-throat company that treats people like garbage. Any new position being hired for is sure to be short lived. Communication and organization are non existent within the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed