Clickbooth

Updated July 30, 2014

4.3

Clickbooth President & Managing Partner Erin Cigich
Erin Cigich

It was cool for my first full-time gig after graduation.

Former Employee - QA Engineer  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Sarasota, FL

Pros

If you like the "Start Up" type of feel then you will probably like it. You can take naps in the office, they have free snacks and provided company sponsored happy hours.

Cons

The company is in Sarasota, so that means there isn't much to do. Be prepared to be bored or commute a long way from Tampa. If you like the suburbs then I you'll do fine.

Also, I left because I was bored.

How does this company still exist?

Pros

Decent snacks and beverages in the break room, probably the only start up in the Sarasota area, decent pay, free dinner when you work more than 8 hours (i.e. everyday!)

Cons

This is the most toxic workplace I have ever experienced. Staff is expected to work 10+ hour days regularly - there is zero work/life balance. Expectations/requirements change on a day to day basis, so that thing you had to stay at work until 11 last night to finish is scrapped today. Little to no appreciation shown by management for the staff and the turnover rate was extremely high -- every day was just a waiting game to see when you'd get fired.

Not the ideal working environment

Pros

They had a really great break room with snacks. If you forgot your lunch, you we're usually ok. The pay was very good. At the time while I was there, they covered 100% of the health insurance. I believe we also had a free gym membership which was really nice.

Cons

I didn't stay here long for a lot of reasons. In the position I was in I saw a lot of things that I knew were dishonest and blatant scams. We would rip off a lot of our competitors websites and copy their designs to the tee. Fake blogs were created to pump up the Clickbooths image...so a lot of these previous reviews could easily be from someone in their PR department. The company culture was unlike any other I've ever experienced. They had a game room 'available' for use. However, if you went in there to use them, it was immediately assumed that you were slacking off or planning to stay late that night to work. Taking lunch breaks out of the office was discouraged. Official office hours were 9am-6pm...but the CEO would usually roll in at noonish and work until 2am. So usually the big things would come up at 6pm when you're wrapping up with work. You weren't told to stay late, but it was certainly expected if you wanted your job. I was called in the work on New Years day and then the project was never used. Employees were treated like trading cards. No matter what, your job is never secure. It was kind of like everyone was always wondering who would get the axe next. There we're three types of people who worked here: 1) Disliked their job but didn't care because they were paid well. 2) Disliked their job and actively seeking a new one. 3) Drank the kool-aid in the break room and loved the company.

Everyone at this company is a Senior, President, Vice President, etc. There are too many people in management. Treating your employees to work in fear doesn't really work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast-paced, young online advertising agency

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Pros

Good exposure to a growing sector. Works to provide a fun, social atmosphere for employees.

Cons

Underpaid and required to work on a rotating night and weekend basis

Pay staff a higher salary, especially for requiring overtime work in non-management level positions.

Fun, talented, driven individuals looking for a stable career!

Current Employee - Director of Media  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Media in Sarasota, FL

Pros

I've never worked for a company that cared so much about the well-being of their employees.

Between the on-campus BootCamp, Yoga and Zumba classes (FREE!), Clickbooth also likes to spark a little healthy competition amongst the employees,
    offering "CB Snipers" (a week-long Nerf War against all willing participants) and "Food Friday" (a once a month, company sponsored Food Duel).

With a Work Hard and Play Harder mentality, we put in long hours at the office and sometimes even at home,
    but we're rewarded with the countless opportunities for advancement and an environment filled with talented, motivating and fun individuals!

Cons

The Internet never sleeps and every day offers new challenges...but who wants a stale workplace?

Best place to work. Ever.

Current Employee - Senior Accounting Associate  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Accounting Associate in Sarasota, FL

Pros

I've worked here over 5 years and I still look forward to coming to work everyday. Extremely fun & relaxed environment! Management is so supportive and have a complete open door policy.

So many amazing perks & benefits; great health care coverage, promote from within, flex hours, slide in the building, the best break room someone could possibly ask for with ample games (including my personal favorite - Skee-ball!), Nerf sniper games, amazing company parties.... the list goes on and on!

Cons

No ball pit at the end of the slide. ;)

You guys rock - thanks for all you do!

The "florida lifestyle" meets the "corporate" world...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Pros

Great team, Relaxed atmosphere, Casual attire, Shoes optional, State of the Art Facility, CB Sniper Contest, Beer Fridays, Family oriented activities, Flex schedule

Cons

busy busy busy...the internet never sleeps so there is always something to do!

Working at Clickbooth has been eye-opening.

Current Employee - Director of Strategic Partnerships  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Director of Strategic Partnerships in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The thing I love most about Clickbooth is the dynamic industry. Every day is different, which keeps going to work exciting because you never know what the day will bring.The energy of the people who work there is highly motivating as well. You are only as good as the people that surround you, and the employees at Clickbooth are what definitely keep our company growing year after year.

Cons

The internet never sleeps, so it's constantly go go go, but that is part of what I love.

Unique Creative and Innovative Atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Pros

CB challenges employees to keep up with the latest trends impacting our industry. Employees are provided freedom to explore new avenues to achieve the department and business goals. Creativity is welcomed, individuality is appreciated, suggestions are reviewed, and changes are constantly implemented to continuously evolve as a sustainable and reputable company with amazing heart, passion and drive. As a reward for the high standard of work expected and required by employees, CB promotes aggressively, provides team building opportunities and celebrates the dedication of the employees with unparalleled benefits. These include flexible hours, parties, field days, home-cooked breakfasts, discounted trainers and free snacks including fresh fruit and granola bars, free beverages including juices, sodas, and teas and many, many more.

Cons

Employees are encouraged to work hard, use critical thinking skills and continuously grow professionally. This field is dynamic and fast paced so a certain level of adaptability is requested. All efforts are graciously rewarded and this company provides endless opportunities for advancement and intellectual stimulation.

Continue to push your employees to be the best possible professionals and experts in their fields. Continue to reward the outstanding efforts with positive feedback, respect, professional advancements, and team bonding activities.
    Continue to lead the industry and strive for excellence in every endeavor.

Supportive team with the desire to see employees succeed

Current Employee - Clickbooth Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Clickbooth Employee in Sarasota, FL

Pros

- Supportive management
    - Family environment
    - Good benefits plan that is fully paid by CB
    - Tons of earning and career growth potential -- opportunity to grow a lot faster than in most companies
    - Employee perks like an amazing office building, free snacks and drinks, sporadic parties/events/meals, free/discounted fitness classes
    - Young employees with a work-hard/play-hard mentality
    - Laid back industry with tradeshows and parties
    - Flexible hours and vacation schedule
    - Positive female role models in leadership positions

Cons

- On call 24/7 -- but this also allows for growth at all hours of the day/week

Worked for Clickbooth? Contribute to the Community!