Client First Settlement Funding

Updated April 6, 2015
28 reviews filtered by
1.8
Burt Kroner

1. great company for motivated individuals.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Client First Settlement Funding

Pros

Great salary. Relaxed and professional work environment. Opportunity to grow.

Cons

None that I can think of. Really.

Advice to Management

No one is standing over your shoulder and monitoring your activities . You are a trusted to perform the task you were hired for.

The Devil's Workplace

I worked at Client First Settlement Funding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The 10-7pm shift and the 12-9pm shift allows employees to search for better options for employment

Cons

It is such an abominable environment to work in; people are beyond miserable. The company's itself is entirely unethical; robbing the poor and unfortunate to give to the Rich. The company's best sales pitch is and I quote "yea we work hand in hand with your insurance company, no no no we're nothing like JGWw" The morale is so low, no one wants to be there, especially since only five sales employees are valued. This company encourages favoritism and back-stabbing, people spend five hours out of their days bickering about others rather than working and these are the department heads! Such an unproductive place to work, management is a complete joke! There is no human element in the human resources department, mass firings are rampant even after only a fews weeks of employment! It's disgusting!!!

Advice to Management

Specifically to the CEO the next time you choose to issue a public response please take the time to review for grammatical errors, I know people with degrees are few and far between in your fine company but Microsoft Office has never failed me yet.

Gloomy, Wretched and Sad Operation to Work for!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Client First Settlement Funding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can make money here BUT you will have to be taught how to become a highly skilled liar and thief. You will deceive prospects by saying "you work alongside of their insurance company" (check complaints on the BBB) These comments from customers are 100% true with regards to the Client First way you are taught to scam people.

Cons

You will be on pins and needles ALL THE TIME!! I met some of the most 2 faced people at this company. Your either one of them, or your not. Note that the main core of employees are on the buddy system.
    The CEO Burt Kroner, looks and acts like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons. Once employed, you will learn how to undermine simple people from their annuity. Stay away. If you want to get into sales in this arena, find another place with values.

Advice to Management

Teaching your sales force to deceive good people out of their hard earned money is tragic.

5. Know and understand both the job and the industry before applying.

I worked at Client First Settlement Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Base salary and incentives are better than other telesales jobs in the region.
    Good work space, professional environment.
    Benefits are better compared to others in this area and start soon.

Cons

Working atmosphere can be paranoid - and fearful.
    Radical changes in policy and procedure were frequent and many.
    Opportunity and success can be linked to popularity with management and supervisors.
    Sometimes adversarial woking relationship between sales and departments who support sales.

Advice to Management

New applicants should absolutely understand the job and the industry. No matter how professional the title this is first and foremost a strictly structured and regimented Telemarketing job. It is best suited for people who are entering the corporate world for the first time and who have not previously managed and not for those who already have successful professional corporate experience. This is for the Account Executive role.
    Changes in processes, goals and expectations are a normal part of growth but it is damaging to change those policies and procedures constantly resetting newer people and essentially making them start over - when these trials fail have enough vision to not attribute the failure to the person.
    Interdepartmental communication when it comes to process and performance metrics is lacking, it should not be ncessary to answer the same question and provide explanation to 5 people on the same issue.
    If the playing field is presented as being "level" then make it so - it does no one any good when it is apparent it's not.
    Do not use newer people and burn them up generating possible future clients for the core group. Anyone could continue to do well with a constant supply and stream of prior' employees clients and leads once awarded to them after the person who worked hard to create these opportunities has been fired or resigned - that's the true reason the same group does well all the time and it's a revolving door around them.
    Lastly - let new people know the truth of the funnel - it is very, very wide at the top and extremely narrow at the bottom -

TO ALL POTENTIAL CANDIDATES WHO ARE READING THESE COMMENTS

I would like to start out by saying that I have been a salesperson myself for more than 30 years. When I started my career I was very

6. Opportunities and work balance are there if you work hard

I worked at Client First Settlement Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training program, you get a pretty good understanding of what the industry is about.

Cons

It takes a while to really understand the whole process. There are many steps involved and it is a long sales cycle.

Feb 2, 2015HR

Thank you for your comments. We will continue to work dilegently on improving the training for all employees with our company.
    Sandra M. Tagliavia, PHR
    Corporate Director of Human Resources

Miserable place to work

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Client First Settlement Funding full-time

Pros

Good location
    Covered parking
    Good pay if you can last
    Good work-life balance

Cons

Job expectations constantly change
    Sales employees are fired on a weekly basis
    Camera's and hall monitors watch you to make sure you are working hard enough
    You are expected to harass potential clients by calling them repeatedly throughout the day even if they want to be on the Do Not Call list

Advice to Management

Hopeless to give any advice to these people. It feels like you are taking crazy pills working here.

:LISTEN to these NEGATIVE REVIEWS they are TRUE

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Client First Settlement Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building in Sunny Boca - which the company Subleases - doesn't own. They are Experts at building you up and then Tearing you down...The Florida Unemployment Office must see this company on their desk every day. They Fired 5 2 weeks ago....5 2 days ago - 4 people of whom were producing well...but if you are not part of the "Boys Club" you will fail.

Cons

Not one redeeming quality -
      This company embraces you, feeding you and idea of reward and comfort...but NONE COME - even if you work hard and achieve the Sales Goals - YOUR PIPELINE is ALWAYS not Approved - makes a big difference if and when your base salary drops...They try to steal your Deals and when you stand up for yourself -they Fire you, There is so much Fat in management -no direction..this place is a total mess. When they FIRE you - they refuse to let you gather your belongings! They say :we will pack it for you and you can collect your things the next day"..What a crock! So they hold your stuff hostage after they cut off your earning ability - NASTY!!!! They probably decline your deals and fire you so they can close the deal and keep 100% and not pay the employee out - ...this place has no regard for Human Life....except their own..

Advice to Management

Management is a JOKE.....They says they want to do so much business while the employees are being treated like cattle and having their careers shattered. Management does not want to help - you struggle to do the right thing...beg for assistance and they walk away....even some managers make remarks that they "Can't wait to leave this place"...NICE - just what a newbie wants to hear......Management is non existent.......the show is Controlled by the Wicked Witch of the West and the "Prowler".....- always roaming the sales floor when they should be controlling their Screw Up Processors who seem to hate the Sales Floor....NOTHING NICE about this Place - During training, the Wicked Witch asks people (trainees who dont even know the company yet - and are being fed Koolaid on breaks)...asks them to go to this site - Glass Door and wanting them to post a Positive review!!! VERY UNETHICAL

Feb 2, 2015HR

If in fact you are a current employee I would encourage you to speak with myself regarding your concerns and comments without any fear of retaliation. I can personally assure you that careful ... More

I should have believed the company reviews

I worked at Client First Settlement Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building
    Free bagels on Fridays
    Some people were nice
    Decent pay, but it wont last.

Cons

None to add, just read the reviews. Its all been covered.

... More

Not what I expected...run away as fast as you can

I have been working at Client First Settlement Funding

Pros

Interviews literally take 15 minutes and you are hired on the spot. Nice Christmas party. But that is it.

Cons

No job security. Company lacks direction. You may be hired to do a particular position, but within a month or so, management can and will close that particular dept, and you will be let go or put in a department where you cannot utilize your skills. From the first week of employment, I felt uneasy and unsure of my tenure with that place.

Feb 2, 2015HR

Altough we appreciate any form of feedback we are surprised by your posting. In fact, all candidates typically meet anywhere from 3 to 5 members of management prior to being offered employment ... More

Lies and Cupcakes: The Client First Story

I worked at Client First Settlement Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Sandwich Shop across the street - absolutely awesome!
    - Building itself is pretty.
    - Benefits package, although you're likely to never use them as you'll rapidly be fired or let go.
    - Lots of parking spaces.
    - Each sales rep that closes their first deal get's a cupcake, courtesy of an "HR Conga Line" where the entire HR department shakes maracas and tambourines and generally disrupts and annoys anyone not getting a cupcake (probably a con also, how childish and unprofessional).

Cons

- The company presents itself as a refined institution, but in all reality it's a ruthless boiler room. Not what I signed on for.
    - Deceitful hiring practices. I was given a 2 page job responsibility list which included responsibilities from multiple departments, only to find I was to be working with an entirely different department during the first day. This alludes to a strong lack of infrastructure and role definition.
    - You're going to get fired. You may figure this out your first week, as coworkers warn you that the place is a 'revolving door', and as you find out nearly everyone working there has only been employed between 6 months to a year. And when you get fired, it won't be because of performance, but you'll likely crack an eggshell as you walk through this volatile workplace, disturbing the ego of someone from some clique (and there are several of these cliques here). I personally was terminated because my supervisor "Didn't feel the connection" - I wasn't under the impression that we were dating?!
    - Employees are paranoid. Management uses intimidation, and even tries to 'play tricks' to judge your character. It seems management is trying to psychoanalyze you, instead of being up front and honest with their questions or concerns. They'll ask baited questions instead to see if you slip up, and they'll even do the 'sneeze test' to see if you'll say 'bless you'. Beyond this, theres around ~40-50 surveillance cameras in the office, and a private detective on staff.
    - Your boss will also be paranoid. There's a constant turmoil over theft on information at the office, and your activities will be acutely monitored throughout the day.

Advice to Management

Reading these reviews about Client First should be an eye opener to people interested in working here - I sure wish I had found these prior. These reviews should also be an eye opener to management as well, however I'm doubtful anything will change judging from all of these similar reviews spanning back as far as a year. There are fundamental issues with morality at this company. How anyone can attempt to placate these reviews with politically correct double talk and denial is beyond me. Even the responses to these negative reviews are cookie cutter, and repetitive.

If anyone at the upper management level truly wants to make a change, then you'll need to clean house of corruption, restructure your hiring strategy, quit with the 'fear tactics', implement defined infrastructure and SOP, and have some serious moral introspection about the 'turn and burn' mentality of 'employment' within the company. Investing in your employees is investing in your own company.

Oh, and please knock it off already with the Conga Line cacophony. How can your customers take your sales calls seriously when they hear this nonsense going on in the office?

Feb 2, 2015HR

It is often unfortunate for the employer when the new employee misrepresents their skill set in the interview process. Within each of our divisions we have a step progress training in place ... More

Client First Settlement Funding Photos