Client Intellect

Client Intellect Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Eric Pratt

Challenging but Rewarding

Tech Support Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsI left my previous place of work in search of something with a bit more exposure to larger scale technologies. My previous experience was with small scale Windows networks, so I wasn't without experience.

The interview went well and I was hired at a very reasonable wage at an entrance level position in tech support.

Though the training was a bit improvised, I would hardly call it inadequate as some of the other reviews have. I find that if you're willing to at least put in the effort to solve a problem, those around you with the experience or knowledge are more than willing to help. As a testament to the effectiveness of Client Intellect as a learning environment, I can honestly say I've learned more here in a year than I had in the past 7 years of my IT experience. On that note, they do give you the resources and materials to pursuit a variety of certification tracks as well.

The team is friendly and quite inclusive, a description that doesn't apply to many tech based environments. Client Intellect definitely has a unique culture about it (I mean that in a positive way!). You can tell its a place that puts thought into the well-being of it's employees and provides some really cool facilities to help lighten up their day (game room, arcade machine, pool table, TV, wifi, ect)

My most notable "pro" for Client Intellect would have to be that the management staff really does make it worth your while to go above and beyond your expected duties. For better or worse, you're visible. Every customer interaction does give them the opportunity to leave feedback. If you put forth your best efforts, and it shows, it will be seen and rewarded.

Cons24/7 work hours can be rough, but your shift stays pretty static for the most part.

Given the fact that the largest part of Client Intellect is it's support staff, you do deal with issues on a day to day basis. That can lead to some intense customer interaction, but nothing that would otherwise be absent anywhere else I suppose (and certainly far from the level I've experienced elsewhere.)

I suppose some might also consider the visibility of your actions as a potential negative. As long as you do your best to provide customer service and exhibit an ability to learn and apply knowledge, that really should not be an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep us staffed and keep us growing. Stay on track with the growth forecast.

A decent but not great place to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company while not the greatest to work for, is a great company to use if you are a customer, they still use top notch technology and the technicians that work for Client Intellect are some of the most brilliant IT minds I've ever come across. Client Intellect has also done a great job of creating a welcoming atmosphere where they have things such as video game consoles, TV's, Computers, and even arcades to use for recreational use. The CEO of the company Eric Pratt is a nice man who also treats the employees well.

On a more technical note if you really want to learn a lot about IT technologies such as Windows Server it's hard to beat Client Intellect because you are able to use every flavor of Windows Server available, there aren't many companies that you can work for where you will actually be able to user all versions of Windows Servers. The company also will pay for you to get your Microsoft Certifications, and it's yours to keep forever whether you stay with the company or not.

While my time didn't last long I will definitely say from a personal perspective that I learned so much about IT, things that might have taken me much longer to learn. For example, the things I learned in my three months there it may have taken me up to a year to learn those type of things in a regular job, so learn as much as possible.

ConsThis company while decent, does have some glaring faults, the first one being that the salary is ridiculously low. I like the many others before me were on a 90 day probationary period (or whatever you want to call it) and if after 90 days if they're satisfied you make the cut and you end up moving up to a higher position with apparently higher pay (They pay scale is never specified). The amount that you are paid to start out, I will not disclose but I will say this it's really low for the type of job that you are doing. I'm talking about the same type of money someone from Geek Squad may get, the starting techs should be paid around $3-$5 more per hour. Regardless of it being a probationary period, for a person to be paid less money than a similar person doing Help Desk to do a job where you are managing servers all over the world is insane.

The next problem I had with Client Intellect is you rarely get overtime, even the employees that were there, some of them got overtime but it was very small the reason being is they are a 24/7 company and work around the clock, but still knowing that the option could potentially be available would drive more people to take the opportunity up and make more money in the process. Time management for breaks wasn't that bad but I felt like over time they started looking at what time I was going for lunch, however I could be paranoid here.

One of my other concerns with Client Intellect is you literally had no rating scale. They never told you how you were doing at all within that 90 day period, how are you suppose to compare yourself to your peers when the managers aren't giving you any feedback? For example, I may have spoken only one time to my Manager where he briefly mentioned it might be time to start tackling the harder tickets, the problem with this is some of these tickets are hard to take because the technicians who have been there for a long time tackle these issues as soon as they come in the queue. So the management when it came to assess how you were doing it was really poor because there is no rating scale.

Finally, my last issue and the issue others here have mentioned have been that I was fired without warning and with no explanation. When I was let go I was never told why I was let go and I never asked. I know that for security reasons companies don't like to tell you in advance that you are going to be terminated but still, I think the company needs to do a better job of explaining the termination. Saying that someone wasn't the right fit doesn't always cut it, at the very least give a explanation as to why you weren't the right fit. At the very least I will give them props for telling you that you are terminated face to face instead of telling you on the phone or emailing you and telling you not to come back. Luckily God was good and I landed a better job paying about $10 more an hour less than a month later.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is very simple fix the flaws. Increase the pay scale a couple more dollars an hour, allow users to get overtime when the company is busy, let employees know how well they are doing weekly, if not weekly at least monthly and try to be a bit more honest as to why the employee was terminated in order for a person to grow they must know the reason they were terminated so they can improve on those crucial areas.

Every day is a new task and test of my abilities!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI have worked for Client Intellect now for 5 years. I work as a project manager. Almost every week I have new projects and must come up with many solutions in a timely manner. Each project is new and challenging and always keeps me on my toes. Many projects I am left to my own decision making and have direction in the process but allowed the freedom to work on my own and come up with my own concepts and solutions on any given problem. Huge plus we get work with the newest software and update technologies. I am also not limited to price if the solution resolves the issue and gives us added benefits.

Each new project is challenging and I love working in an environment where I can throw out ideas and brainstorm for solutions.

ConsVery high standards when it comes to customer service and can be stressful at times but the rewards are truly felt when you receive tons of positive reviews and compliments from your clients. It makes it all worthwhile knowing you are giving your clients not just the best possible service but the most elite services you can provide in this industry.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Career Opportunity!

(Current Employee)

ProsWorking at Client Intellect has proved to be both rewarding and challenging. We currently have a great group of team members and the work environment is positive.

Benefits include a good salary, paid time off and insurance through a major provider. True to what I was told when hired, my salary has increased relative to my experience and performance. Regarding pay, Client Intellect has been fair and generous.

The scope of daily tasks is vast, even for a nice industry such as web hosting. The main categories include website, database and email administration. I encounter new challenges daily.

The Microsoft certification exams required for continued employment are paid for by the company. I have gained most of the knowledge and experience required to pass these exams during my time here.

There is opportunity and freedom to present ideas, thoughts or grievances directly to supervisors and management. The team is a small group that works together quite well.

ConsFront line tech support in a 24x7x365 call center is not for everyone. The pace is fast and the issues are challenging and time critical. The job can be stressful at times.

Challenging and Rewarding. Never a Dull Day!

Support Technician (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsA wealth of knowledge for those who enjoy learning, each coworker brings a different set of strengths and is more than willing to share their knowledge. Also, training materials and Microsoft certification tests are covered by the company instead of being required at entry. Considering how pricey those tests can get and the time it takes to study on your own for them this is a big plus!

There are no crazy "handle time" metrics like a call center job and it's not mindless drone work. Management recognizes performance, self motivation, and customer service. Not a good place to go if you want to just recite a script all day and pick up a paycheck. You're not treated like a cog in the machine, you're trated instead like a sysadmin in training.

Office is very professionally set up so it's comfortable to work and there's plenty to keep you occupied when you're on a break. Management is very open to suggestions if there's anything you need with an open-door policy that isn't just for corporate buzzword bingo.

There's also a sense of pride you get for knowing that you're keeping clients' websites live and businesses running. Much more rewarding than consumer-level help desk.

ConsThe wide offerings are intimidating so you have to be willing to put some time into learning. Expectations are high, but reasonably so considering the damage that can be done if you don't know what you're doing.

Shifts can change, so if you are adamantly opposed to second or third shift (afternoon-to-night and late-night-to-day) you may be disappointed. Open 365 days a year means you'll end up working a holiday at some point.

Many clients are international and have cultural attitudes (or just accents) that can frustrate people with little patience. Not a good fit for techs that don't like customer service as well.

The most nerve racking experience of my life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAlways up to date on the latest software and the latest technology. Quite challenging and a wonderful place to get your feet wet in the IT industry. You really do get experience in a variety server administrative fields.

ConsFrom day one you will feel that you have been thrown to the wolves. Training is absolutely non-existent which from a customer service point of view is horrible but from a learning perspective it pretty much forces you to learn. The place has a turnover ratio that would put a fast food restaurant to shame. They let people go for making even the slightest mistakes and you could also be let go if the CIO doesn't dub you into the "cool clique" . This made for a VERY stressful environment as you didn't know if the minor mistake you made last night that was brought to the attention of the uppers was going to send you to the unemployment line.

Overall, childish nepotism runs rampant and the place could really use a complete management overhaul. It's a real shame because the place had real potential to really hit it big as I imagined it as a household name eventually but the poor leadership and lack of direction has really placed the business on a plateau and has been spinning it's wheels for years. The fact that no one stays for more than a couple of years whether for being let go of moving on to something better (not very hard to find) has left them in the perpetual "training" months where service lags because the majority of the employees are new.

To top things off the pay is lowest of the low in the IT field. To take off a day you have to put in a notice like 2 months in advanced and you might not get it off. Calling in sick will get you the guilt trip of a lifetime. They are quick to let you know when you made a mistake but slow to let you know when you have done a good job. When no one has yelled at you if when you know you have done a good job. Above all, a dismal place to work. I went grey working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn the basics. The power of positive reinforcements works wonders. Also put an effort to keeping employees and your customer service quality will rise and your business will flourish. You will never get bigger than you are and you will eventually crash if you do not heed this warning.

May 27, 2013

I'm very sorry that you had such a bad experience at CI. I'm not sure how long ago you worked at CI, but we have a solid team in place, we have gutted and replaced the old management team, and I am ... More

Read This Before Working For This Company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsAs far as “customer service” and “product expertise” are concerned, Client Intellect is by far one of the leading Windows hosting providers around and has rightfully earned that reputation with a good product and a very knowledgeable staff. I worked at Client Intellect for a brief period several years ago and I have to say the the overall experience of working for this company was an enlightening one.

In my brief stay I learned a lot but more importantly, I discovered where my strengths and weaknesses were as far as my technical skills were concerned at the time and that did pave the way to better future opportunities. The systems and methods are cutting edge so at the very least you will get first rate industry experience. But this is where the positive aspects of working for this company end.

ConsClient or Server Intellect provides an excellent product indeed, but this is at the employees expense. First and foremost, the “High Standard, High Rewards” comment is currently the ONLY positive comment on this thread. It would not surprise me if it came from the CEO himself as the company has a very strong interest in projecting a positive image. As a matter of fact, do some research on this company and you will notice that there are almost NO bad reviews or negative comments anywhere and in the areas you are likely to see a questionable review, it is almost for sure heavily refuted by Client Intellect themselves.

As for the company culture and daily working environment, here are a few things to keep in mind before deciding to work for these people. The weekly schedule is somewhat awkward and the schedule can permanently change without warning at a moments notice. On a positive note, most of the people working there are very friendly, but any sense of family atmosphere is overshadowed by crazy workloads and a frenetic work-pace. The environment is VERY stressful, almost to the point nerve-wrecking at times. The security is very high and there is constant surveillance all over the place which is completely understandable given the amount of sensitive information the company deals with, however, there is an attitude projected by the upper management of complete distrust with most employees. That is also understandable given the high amount of turnover and the fact that most people only last a couple of years at best in this company.

There is very little direction. You are expected to know exactly what you are doing from day one. So if you are a student fresh out of school, be warned...there is no mercy. They will not tell you this because they are assessing your skills during your probationary period or so they say. When they mean you need to be willing to learn and perform under pressure, what they are really saying is, “If you are not a master in the field that we hired you for, don't even bother sticking around”. The starting pay is abysmal in relation to what you have to know to get and stay employed. I was told that the pay would get considerably better after the probational period. I was let go on the very last day of my probationary period. That's right, I made it to day 89.

Here is what to expect if and when you are let go. DO NOT expect to get an explanation for why you were fired. The firing is handled for the most part by the company's CIO who feels that it is better to just sever ties without any explanation what-so-ever. I would guess that it makes his job easier. When they let you go, it will be like most other company events; at a moments notice and with no warning.

If you have less than 5-10 years of professional industry experience and are not looking for a stressful environment to challenge yourself in, stay far far away. These people are very good with their product and there is not contesting that, but they are dreadfully inept when it comes to managing their personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not apposed to a stressful environment at all. Challenge is how we grow and learn, but that is no excuse for a poorly managed corporate structure that promotes a “Only the strong will survive” attitude. People need to want to come to work, new hires especially. My suggestion would be to be more selective in your recruitment of new people and only hire fully qualified and seasoned Windows certified professionals that can handle what you throw at them. But of course that would mean that you actually have to pay them starting out and none of this “.....we will test you for the first 90 days and see if you can cut it” nonsense.

As far as your attitude towards security is concerned, would it not be easier to have long-term employees you can trust? Based on your turnover, that is impossible. One of the management even said to me at one point, “This company is a revolving door”. Part of running a successful business is being able to rely on other people and it is hard to have reliable, trustworthy people around when they are constantly looking behind their backs. The bottom line is this: When you use questionable hiring tactics to save yourself the cost of hiring seasoned professional developers and programmers, you are abusing your position as an employer and that is just WRONG. It might not hurt your reputation, but it is certainly unfair to unsuspecting people that deserve to know exactly what they are walking into.

May 26, 2013

Thank you for the suggestions and review. I'm very sorry it did not work out. I do agree that we could always do things better, and I am confident that we have made many improvements in our hiring ... More

Not a long term solution

(Former Employee)

ProsService is quality, makes you feel good to work on something that benefits and works well for the company's clients. Challenging atmosphere drove me to learn fast and work hard and felt very rewarding at the end of the day.

ConsI started with client intellect a while ago and, like another person posted, was let go before my probationary period was over. I knew coming into the job that the pay wasn't going to be good for a while, that the work was going to be hard and the expectations were going to be high.

I did my job to the best of my ability, I came on time every day, I did my work exactly as I was expected to. My schedule was changed once while I was there and I rearranged my life to suit it. I asked if I was performing up to standards, and everyone told me not to worry and that I was well liked and my work was good. I was really settling in and getting used to the high challenge atmosphere. So it really came as a surprise that one day, I was told that my services were no longer required.

No warnings, no indication. Just told not to come back because they didn't need me anymore.

I admit that this blindsided me because for the few months I was there, I heard that the company had high turnover. I heard people talk about how stressful the job was. I heard that management was very paranoid and didn't place any confidence or trust in their employees. I even got that distinct feeling when I was interviewing and they were talking about all the great perks their employees got like it all sounded too good to be true. Unfortunately, in my case and in the case of many of their employees who were fired with no notice or explanation, it WAS too good to be true.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know you like to say you treat us well, but you work a lot of us too hard and when you're done with us you fire us when we cease to be useful to you. I don't expect you to make drastic changes in the way you manage your people, but at least give us an explanation when you do pull the rug out from under our feet.

May 26, 2013

I'm very sorry that things did not work out. Sometimes we feel people are not a good fit. It's hard to really explain that. I do wish you the best and again, I'm truly sorry things did not work out.

High Standards, High Rewards, Great Atmosphere

ProsGreat atmosphere, pay, benefits, training, a true team environment. Client Intellect is a great place to work with opportunity for advancement.

The type of work can be challenging (Server Management, Network Management, Desktop Management), and at times stressful, but that is part of the job. You are responsible for providing support for, and fixing complex server configurations.

Security is high; as you are responsible for thousands of servers and desktops, so don’t be surprised if you are monitored by management. The customers expect and demand the highest levels of security.

Overall Client Intellect is a great place to work with a friendly team, as long as you love being challenged.

ConsThree shifts, open 24/7/365, high standards, can be stressful. If you do not like a challenge, do not love learning, and do not perform well under stress, this may not be the place for you.

Management does not hesitate to cut people who are not top performers, or are not making the cut.

A little confused

ProsLatest software tools used and located downtown

ConsI found out about this position from a recruiter. The recruiter had warned me previously, since they had attempted to place 3 other employees here which all left. I was here for about a week. I was given the task of building a web blog. No guidance, no help...I wasn't even given information related to what it would be used for. On the first day, I was led into a dark room with three other developers and told to begin. The developers seemed overworked, and just depressed. I had to get fingerprinted for the door fingerprint access locks on each door. As I walked into the CEO's office I noticed a giant LCD monitor that had camera displays for at least 50 different cameras positioned throughout the office. Even when I came in for the interview, I felt like I was entering Ft. Knox.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better environment, one free of paranoia...Respect your employees more...and seek professional help.

Mar 28, 2013

Hello, I'm very sorry that you felt it was necessary to post this review. The truth is we simply felt that you were not a good fit for our company, and you were let go, just like the previous ... More

Worked for Client Intellect? Contribute to the Community!