CliniComp

CliniComp Reviews

3.2

Chris Haudenschild

Great Place To Work

I worked at CliniComp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fair compensation, very professional, free catered lunches twice a month, great benefits, fun Christmas party, beautiful office, great parking, fabulous location, really great HR staff, nice outdoor patio for lunches and meetings that looks very tropical and inviting.

Cons

Not a highly social environment, a little bit on the 'stuffy' side. People seem to always have their guard up, like they're afraid to relax and be themselves.

I think the owner should make some attempt to get to know his employees. I don't think he ever knew anything but my first name the entire time I worked there, and never said more than hello to me.

A company that cares about its product and employees at all levels

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CliniComp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked for CliniComp for over a year and was very happy with my experience there (I only left because I moved).

I'm a bit surprised at the negative statements about communication, employee reviews and raises as they offer company-wide bonuses and people are always getting promoted. HR routinely recognizes employees' hard work and their promotions in the company newsletter. I never felt like I couldn't go to my supervisor or HR and make a suggestion or that I was easily replaceable. Maybe in the past there were some "less than effective" departmental managers, but I didn't have experiences like those described.

Higher management believes in the product and as a result, all employees feel as if they are making a difference in people's lives with the role they play. You're always reminded of the impact the final product has.

CliniComp offeres very competitive salaries and excellent benefits (health, dental, and vision). But they also offer fun company-wide events like ping pong tournaments and BBQs. I really appreciated the free lunches they offer on Thursdays and breakfasts on Fridays. Plus the building was recently renovated, so it's not at all a drab and cold environment.

Cons

There are things every company can improve and I think CliniComp is really working to create a positive and productive work environment at all levels (and open to how to achieve this).

Maybe it has improved since I left, but it seems like individual departments need a clear way of submitting feedback/suggestions for improvement from employees so that they feel as if they are being heard.

Happy to wake up each morning and come to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CliniComp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hands down, very satisfied! My co-workers are a joy to work with. It is clear that they are very passionate about what they do. They are absolutely brilliant, yet very humble and quick to share credit with others. And although everyone is busy with what is on their own plate, they have always been willing to help. In my short time here, I have learned a lot from them.

Although many people in my field dream of working for a large company, I have found many benefits to working for a smaller company. Here, new ideas and change are welcomed. You'll never here, "We've always done it this way and it works fine."

As for management, they have provided many opportunities for employees to socialize with one another. They also make a great effort to help new employees transition and feel welcome. They are very approachable and I appreciate that they ask for our feedback.

Cons

None at this time but those with a negative experience should share with management so improvements can be made

Have a system for reviews such as annual reviews

Constantly improving, wonderful people working here

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CliniComp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, surrounded by smart, committed, hard working and fun people. Perfect location in a beautiful building. As an employee, I feel respected and very appreciated, I've been given many opportunities to grow and expand my role. I hope to keep working here for a long time

Cons

There was some lack of structure in some areas but it has been improving enormously

Keep reinforcing the culture

Does not value employees, despite needing a specific skillset they treat employees as if they easily replaceable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CliniComp

Pros

excellent medical benefits, 3 weeks of vacation

Cons

Management decisions are very random and chaotic, reviews and raises are non-existent

Offer more compensation and respect to employees

Happy to work for another company

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at CliniComp

Pros

Good benefts package, offices vs cubicles.

Cons

Managements is dysfunctional, trying to satisfy their egos. Work should be done on the whim.

To have more sound plan to expand the business vs massaging personal ego.

Toxic environment, unprofessional and dysfunctional executive team

I worked at CliniComp

Pros

Good benefits, some really great people, innovative product, interesting and exciting industry

Cons

Rampant nepotism, cronyism and favoritism; employees go years without reviews or raises - no formal process for either; upper management is unprofessional, unethical, inefficient, and treats almost everyone as if they're dispensable

Empower employees to make decisions. Give reviews. Value your employees more than the building they work in.

Bipolar Company

Former Employee - Vice President in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in San Diego, CA

I worked at CliniComp

Pros

Good pay, benefits, interesting work

Cons

Incompetent management, many unqualified cronies, decision by committee, patron saint of the mediocre

hire someone with an MBA and experience at a real company