Clinical Research Advantage

1 Rating

Love it here!

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Clinical Research Advantage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working as a research assistant at Clinical Research Advantage about 8 months ago and I couldn't be happier with my decision to join this fast growing company. When I was hired I was told that I would have a lot of opportunity for growth and that is aspect I have been able to experience first hand in just my little time here so far. It hasn't even been a year and I am already transitioning into a higher role! The management has been great with training me to reach my full potential and all of my co-workers have turned into some of my closest friends. I really love the culture and I can't see myself working anywhere else!

Cons

I honestly can't think of too many cons besides the fact that I have experienced a couple changes as they have continued to grow. If you are someone who can't handle change or doesn't like trying new strategies for success this might not be the company for you. Since I started working with them they have already acquired one large clinical research company and I think they bought out another company pretty recently.

Advice to Management

Maybe more incentives for employee referrals.

Excellent company with a wonderful culture

I have been working at Clinical Research Advantage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent staff, training, and opportunities for advancement. CRA will reward those who are dedicated, and put their time into the company. Many of those in management positions started at lower levels and have worked their way up. Also, there are opportunities for bonuses and with so many locations, options for relocation.

Cons

At the accelerated growth CRA is going through, lots of changes have and will continue to take place. Changes that are being made that affect the opperations portion of the company could use the feedback of those who will be affected the most.

Advice to Management

Give more opportunities for staff to give feedback regarding changes being made in the company.

3. Fast growing company that offers many advancement opportunities!

I have been working at Clinical Research Advantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my position and this company! It's fast paced! They offer bonuses and incentives that reward performance. There are opportunities to advance, great benefits and great people to work with. The company provides great patient care. I recommend this company to anyone who wants a fast paced, thriving company that rewards those who work hard and want to make a difference.

Cons

There aren't many cons to working with this company. When interviewing (for any company) make sure you would want to work with the person who is interviewing you - the other reviewers didn't seem to get along with their managers or peers.

Advice to Management

Maybe be more selective in hiring? The other reviews seem to be from those who weren't a fit with the cultulre and weren't with the company long. Look for people who are motivated by research, patient care, incentives, teamwork and the fast pace that our culture demands.

5. Sleep testing and respiratory Branch of CRA- overall decent

I have been working at Clinical Research Advantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Owners are overall decent people and promote a positive environment. They work hard as well which motivates other staff to continuously work hard. My branch had great cohesiveness with all employees, who always pitched in to help each other out. Great place to gain experience,

Cons

They don't promote movement upwards, they take advantage of eager employers. Are dictated by insurance standards and guidelines, so it is a constant battle for referrals, reimbursement, patient collection, & overall income.

Advice to Management

Provide regular guidance as opposed to becoming overbearing when referrals are low. Provide marketing materials instead of relying on your underpaid sales reps to design, approve through you, then finally order.

Radiant Research > CRA

I have been working at Clinical Research Advantage

Pros

Radiant is now a subsidiary of Clinical Research Advantage. I've been with Radiant Research for many, many years and I know my Radiant colleagues would agree when I say that CRA is significantly less experienced and delivers a much lower quality product than Radiant.

Perhaps this would be a good fit for a new, inexperienced Clinical Research Coordinator. But any good, experienced CRC would be miserable due to the lack of autonomy and over abundance of less experienced micro-managers.

Cons

Micromanagemt obsessed.
    Abysmal PTO accrual rates.
    Treats all CRCs as inexperienced.
    Places more value on quantity than quality.

Would give ZERO stars if I could

I have been working at Clinical Research Advantage

Pros

Great if you like your hand held. Constantly. By inferior, inexperienced coworkers.

Cons

See Pros above.
    This company is a joke. The only competent employees are the ones from Radiant Research. Well the ones that haven't left in disgust yet anyway. This is not a place for those with industry experience. The Sponsors and CROs share this sentiment.

Advice to Management

Stop making sites function on an elementary level. Stop inventing "new processes" - your processes are ridiculous, with zero validity. Stop wasting everyone's time with training on topics that any one of us (from Radiant) could school any one at admin (from CRA) on.

Unsupportive

I have been working at Clinical Research Advantage

Pros

There are no pro's to working with this company. They lie in their interviews about work load. They make you sign documentation that screws you over if you do not work their a year. They do not listen to your needs. They create a venomous work environment. Management will stab you in the back.

Cons

Under resourced
    Upper management will not help you
    Over worked
    Poor Quality
    Does not follow GCP
    Sponsors do not like working with them

Advice to Management

Listen to employees in need of resourcing. If resourcing is lacking then management should be stepping in. GCP and safety should be the primary concern no revenue.

9. High Turnover -- Difficulty in filling open positions

I worked at Clinical Research Advantage full-time

Pros

High volume, busy environment, great for first time learners. However, as the previous reviewer stated about experienced coordinators? Is absolutely correct. Autonomy doesn't exist unless you are a site or regional manager or well liked because you "fit in" to that managers behavior expectation (being nice/professional/assertive may not bode well for you depending on the manager and their style of management). If you are a new/inexperienced coordinator, and the CEO and others in senior management self-admit; training someone new is easier than training someone with experience as there is a certain collusive culture for which the company desires to shape new employees to. This type of hiring has worked well for recruitment purposes in markets where there are individuals with the proper credentials to draw from and are willing to try this experience.

Cons

The positive reviews exist because the good people who wanted to stay because they enjoy this profession either left or were eliminated by middle management (i.e. no one watching the watchers). Indeed, providing incentives is ideal in the SALES setting however, this is clinical research. Management is more concerned with how quickly YOU will fill their contracts regardless of whether the subject population exists in your market or not and how trainable you are to your local managers "standards". Yes, you will treat your subjects nice and you will be able to take on a variety of studies after extensive training. Your PI will most likely be involved which is good. Bear in mind that you will be expected to "play the game" that will keep you guessing at what the rules are.

Advice to Management

Listen to subordinates. Take what they say seriously -- "trial and error" hiring will cost you money in training and time. Hire managers who have had experience managing in the health care industry. It is not advisable to internally promote coordinators who are excellent conducting studies but are clueless on how to manage others regardless of their education and credentials. Recognize what coordinators bring to the table as some bring more, others less. Also recognize what people don't bring but want you to believe they can do. Local managers are just as capable of manipulation of situations and will make anything sound good. Don't ignore the fact that managers and their subordinates will have conflicts and to address all sides fairly and equally. In other words, don't believe everything middle management tells you. Respect, respect, respect!

Surely there are better places....

Former Employee - CRC
    Former Employee - CRC

I worked at Clinical Research Advantage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Negligible benefits. I have had better and I have had worse. On the bright side you can move up in the organization if you spend a year or two working at it but forget any pay raise whether its in your contract or not. Consistency in data collection with lots of required training.

Cons

Leadership? If you can call it that. Temper tantrums galore, high turnover (one site lost two coordinators in a month), no pay raises to be had, competency of middle management questionable and people put in a position of power to manipulate subordinates. The behavior internally is not indicative of a professional organization and forget about any loyalty to employees - backstabbing is not faux pas. Bear in mind the for-profit research industry is plagued with it. Many including myself have felt threatened/uncomfortable with how employee /manager relations are handled. So be forewarned! My experience may/may not dictate how the site you work for will work for you.

Advice to Management

Your employees do talk to each other from site to site and your not immune to weaknesses like perhaps you think you are. Compensate appropriately, give justifiable increases in wages, admit to fault instead of passing the blame on to your subordinates for your inaccuracies, be accountable and proactive in making people perform better outside of a few tokens every quarter and don't lie/fabricate truths about your employees to protect your own interests!