Clinical Research Management

Updated April 18, 2014
Updated April 18, 2014

Victoria Tifft
1 Rating

Company is committed to making a difference through research

Current Employee - Research Scientist  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Research Scientist in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Clinical Research Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Caring leadership and management. Their motto is to do the right thing and I've seen this in action. They take time to listen to their employees. The CEO personally calls new hires to welcome them to the company.

Cons

Not as many senior advancement positions in the pre-clinical side of the house.

The fact that you care about your employees and take time to visit with them and listen to them is impressive. Thanks for taking the time to visit and for implementing the suggestions that employees make.

Poor Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Clinical Research Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Huge focus on making the company look good

Cons

Corporate Office in a Mess - People we came to depend on have left the company - Management unresponsive and ineffective

Consider A new management

good stepping stone

I have been working at Clinical Research Management full-time

Pros

career development
    quick response to issues
    corporate office very helpful

Cons

salary
    dental insurance
    months to process raises and performance evaluations

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learned a lot about working under a government contract.

Former Employee - Clinical Data Management  in  Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Clinical Data Management in Frederick, MD

I worked at Clinical Research Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The majority of the jobs with CRM are through government contracts. The salaries for these jobs can be very good.

Cons

As with all jobs that are subject to a government contract, if they contract is not renewed , you can lose your job without severance or even warning.

Try to ensure that you have other jobs lined up for employees who may lose their jobs if a contract is not renewed.

Because they are a contracting agency, most of one's experience will come from your job site.

Current Employee - Research Associate  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Clinical Research Management

Pros

The company offers decent benefits: 401K with matching, Health plan, Dental plan, Short-term (you pay for) and Long-term (they cover) Disability, etc.

Cons

Although you are technically their employee, you have minimal interatcion with the management. They seem more interested in keeping their funding sources happy than in the actual employees at times. They offer no paternity leave. They put a cap on the amout of sick leave hours that one can earn.

Making the company bigger doesn't always mean that it is getting better.

Epic Fail

I worked at Clinical Research Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Money is okay for the area.

Cons

Just wanted to say how very disappointed I was to get a Registered Letter advising me that I was overpaid on my last paycheck from CRM and that if I did not pay back the money that "actions" would be taken. Since I left CRM on a good basis, or at least that is what I thought, I was amazed to get such a letter instead of a personal call. Really? YOU made an error and 3 months after I depart, I get a letter that I pay you back or else??????? Most reputable companies would have agreed they were in error and written the sum off the books..but not you. And in this age of Social Media, one bad review will be repeated over and over again. Luckily, or maybe not, for me, I am in a place where I could write you a check....but to be honest, if I would have had to borrow the money to pay you back, I would have done that just so I can totally write off CRM. Needless to say, I am going to bring this issue and the way it was handled to every forum I can find. And while you may not believe this, it's not the money...it is the way it was handled. What ever happened to customer service and niceness? CRM, epic FAIL for you.

Employee morale can kill a company. And it only takes a little thing.

a good experience

I have been working at Clinical Research Management

Pros

the benefits package is good

Cons

being a contractor is not the same as being a government employee

Worked for Clinical Research Management? Contribute to the Community!