Clinique Reviews

Reset
3.8
Clinique President & CEO Fabrizio Freda
Fabrizio Freda

Pros
  • Great benefits to working for Clinique - tons of free products and great training (in 9 reviews)

• Great products, great atmosphere (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • hard to achieve high sales goals (in 9 reviews)

• You can't create sales if there's no traffic in a department store (in 6 reviews)

1. Clinique Review

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Clinique

Pros

I worked for Clinique in Dillard's for almost 4 years! It was the time of my life to be honest the company keeps you constantly learning about their products and the new products they are coming out with. The customers are amazing and most are die hard Clinique users. If you enjoy skin care, science, and doing makeup this is a job you will love.

Cons

Clinique was an amazing company however working for Dillard's was not something I would recommend to anyone. The company is very corrupt and does not care about their employees or have any sense of realistic goals for what is actually attainable. The only con I have towards Clinique was those lab coats were not breathable at all they were also impossible to keep clean. As iconic as the Clinique lab coat look it is absolutely time for a uniform upgrade.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your are doing!!!! The Clinique staff loves their executives they always take care of us and are there whenever we have questions or concerns. They are terribly knowledgeable about their companies products which is so great because not only are the business men and woman they are teachers and that's a fantastic way to get your employees excited about their job.

2. Love Clinique!

I have been working at Clinique

Pros

They are such a great company to work for! They really take care of you as an employee. With gratis, product knowledge, as well as the training!

Cons

I honestly can't think of a downside to working for Clinique, it sounds cliche but I can't think of one!

Advice to Management

Making sure the counter manager is there, and doing all the duties a counter manager should be doing. But that's about it!

3. Beauty Consultant

I have been working at Clinique full-time

Pros

Love the brand. Focuses on service and not on micro managing. Able to meet a wide variety of clients and engage them. Although I haven't received my gratis yet I know it's very generous. Very happy with pay and gives you lots of
    Opportunity to learn at your own pace.

Cons

Managers not always on top of gratis, dress code is kind of particular. Hard to keep white lab coat free of make up.

Advice to Management

Great management team overall.

5. Former consultant

I worked at Clinique part-time

Pros

Fairly large gratis, commission on your sales, being able to play with products, and training sessions

Cons

Some account executives are better than others- mine never sent me to training and was very hands off whereas others were always visiting their counters and meeting their consultants, co-workers are either amazing or extremely catty

Advice to Management

Hold all counters and account execs to the same standards to make sure they have the same training and resources

6. Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Clinique

Pros

Amazing company to work for!

Cons

Lots of travel in your region

7. It used to be a great company...

I worked at Clinique full-time

Pros

The training, benefits, & gratis was great the first few years.

Cons

The last few years managers were like a revolving door. Upper management only cared about making sales goals. Even when you made the goals, in their eyes it was never enough. It became a toxic work environment.

8. Most uncomfortable work environment ever

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Clinique part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of customers have been coming here forever, so it's easy to sell to them

Cons

Management is extremely rude and micromanages us to death
    When counter sales are down, management takes their stress out on us - there is nothing we can do if no one is coming into the store!
    Pay is very poor compared to similar positions at other companies
    HR is a complete joke and has no idea how to resolve conflicts between coworkers
    Dress code is extremely strict to begin with, and my counter manager decided to make up even more rules and yell at me and make a scene when I wasn't aware of these imaginary extra dress code rules
    Coworkers steal sales from me all the time just because I'm newer
    Coworkers are very racist against Somalians
    If you work inside Macy's, you have to open an unrealistic amount of credit cards
    The focus on clients is stupid - it is virtually impossible to have 20% of your sales come from existing clients unless you've worked here for like 10+ years
    Calling customers to thank them is uncomfortable - this company is very behind on the times
    Products are boring, lack of colors, eyeshadows are barely pigmented and extremely powdery
    Products don't even come close to keeping up with current trends

Advice to Management

Everyone at my counter hates their jobs and is paid unfairly. You are hiring grown adults, don't treat us like children! The role of a boss should not be to watch and critique every single thing everyone does throughout the day - being micromanaged makes our job more stressful for no reason! If you want people to stay with you, treat them like humans and pay them fairly. I could barely stand working here for the past two months, and I have never felt that way about another job before.

9. Clinical consultant

I worked at Clinique

Pros

Education, seminars, gratis, lunch at seminar, Tiffanys Christmas gift, commission, higher pay rate at certain retailers

Cons

Gift with purchase, pre sale for gwp, the retailer will have it's own events they will want presale for and it gets very overwhelming

Advice to Management

You're creating monsters who feel they are entitled to always getting something for free

10. Great Company

I worked at Clinique

Pros

Great Experience. A great opportunity to venture into Cosmetics.

Cons

Hard to advance in company and not a lot of hours.

11. Good but not fulfilling

Current Employee - Clinique Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Clinique Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Clinique full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. They care about their workers very much and I love the training they provide for their workers. Gratis is also amazing. Overall good setting to be around.

Cons

Their products aren't the best and cosmetically, they are very limited. Pushing events and constantly calling can become a hassle after a while.

Advice to Management

Think of better ways to drive your workers to do better, and also think of better events which aren't just a simple, come in for a consultation and get a free sample. "people don't really want a consultation, they just want free product."

RSS Feed </> Embed