Clinique Reviews

106 reviews filtered by
3.8
Clinique President & CEO Fabrizio Freda
Fabrizio Freda

Pros
  • The staff discount is amazing, and you get a lot of free products (in 9 reviews)

• gratis, great products, and learned a lot about skincare (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Pressure to acheive sales goals (in 9 reviews)

• You can't create sales if there's no traffic in a department store (in 6 reviews)

1. Clinique is the best company one working in the cosmetic industry could EVER ask for.

Former Employee - Clinique Business Manager in Biloxi, MS
    Former Employee - Clinique Business Manager in Biloxi, MS

I worked at Clinique full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Tons of positive training, amazing support from upper management with upper Clinique management. Fabulous growth opportunities

Cons

Amazing Company, no cons. Clinique is literally perfect!

Continue to great work!

2. Awesome!

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Clinique

Pros

Gratis! Samples,training great co workers and gratis

Cons

More hours, better employees, better pay, more vacation

Get rid of lazy employees

3. As amazing as I imagined!

Former Employee - Clinique Consultant in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Clinique Consultant in Lawrence, KS

I worked at Clinique part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a company that truly cares about its employees. Whether it be the Tiffany necklaces I got for the holidays or the gratis I received every few months, Clinique treats employees as valued members of a beautiful company!

Cons

There are no challenges I can think of! Just get used to wearing a lot of black and a lab coat!

5. Great benefits, training, and customer interaction. Not so great advancement.

I worked at Clinique full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved working for Clinique because I believe in Clinique. Even though I am no longer at counter, I still use all of their skin care on a daily basis. The job training you get is outstanding, I've never seen better with any other job. Lisa Boness is the regional trainer and is amazing at what she does. They make it easy to learn skin care and on how to properly education your customers. The gratis was fantastic; couple hundred dollars twice a year to spend on anything in Clinique you want. People complain about the dress code but I loved it. I loved working around makeup every day, but just be aware that if you work at a counter within a retail store, not everyone you work with is going to be as passionate about makeup as you may be. To some, it's just another job. With Clinique, you don't have to pass an application test so you are being considered on your ability to sell, not on application or passion. I had a passion for it so I loved coming to work every day! Pay was pretty average.

Cons

Retail hours, to be expected. No commission off of sales. Cosmetic girls can be pretty greedy because of high sales goals. If you're in gift or are busy, you will have girls from Lancome, Estee, Origins coming to your counter to try and sell when they don't have the proper training. A big one for me was the advancement. If you are at counter within a retailer, good luck moving up! If you do manage to get to be a counter manager, they will want to keep you in that postition for several years (I'm talking 4-8) to see your track record before they will even consider you for something higher. That was a huge reason why I left. Clinique is also a little behind on the trends. They recently revamped their shadows and lipsticks, but I lost SO many customers due to our colors being so boring. They would go shop at MAC for color.

Promote within more. Don't keep people in the same positions for so long, that's how you burn people out on the job and then they start looking elsewhere. I think commissions on Clinique products sold would be really nice too.

Absolutely love every aspect of my job

Current Employee - Account Coordinator
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator

I have been working at Clinique

Pros

I've been with clinique for over 5 years and love everything about the company. If you are looking to grow, clinique is the company for you. They truly believe in promoting from within.

Cons

Schedule but that comes with working in retail industry

Great Training

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Clinique part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good training when you are first hired, then continued training as new products are introduced. Gratis is almost $300 twice a year, October and February. Great people to work with. They want you to do well.

Cons

I worked at a Macy's so retail hours were hard for me and my family. I loved the job! If I would have had a more consistent schedule I would have stayed. I didn't mind nights and weekends, just wanted a schedule that was consistent. That seems impossible in most retail jobs. Pay was not all that great $10.75 an hour plus 3% commission. I made up to 40% commission on product sales at spas I worked at before. I was in a smaller store so I would get excited if I actually got $60 or more on a paycheck. That usually only happened in December (Holidays) or if we were in gift. So I did not count on commission. I wasn't hard core in sales, I let the customer decide, I was not aggressive or pushy.

Pt beauty consultant

I have been working at Clinique part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Clinique, really good at skin care training, and lots of support for knowledge and events

Cons

Endless gwp and giveaways, you are expected to call clients almost once a week it seems

Help with outsourcing and positive feedback

Has its perks, but depending on your region it is hard to get a promotion!

Former Employee - Business Manager in Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Business Manager in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Clinique full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Gratis and trainning would definitely be two of the main perks of working for Clinique. Clinique shows you how to be successful, and if you follow their guidelines you will be successful. If you happen to be in a good region, there are opportunities for growth.

Cons

On the other hand, if you get stuck in a region that is not doing that well then good luck! You won't see a promotion for a long time. It is also overwhelming the amount of events we have to plan every month to drive business. Clinique executives also don't fully understand what goes on in stores and they sometimes have unrealistic expectations. pay is not the greatest either.

Recognize your teams small victories and lead by example.

10. Decent to good managers, coworkers, and gratis.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Clinique part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Gratis, low/little stress, communication with manager is easy.

Cons

Not a lot of hours

If you value your employees, show them!

11. Had the opportunity for growth from the bottom up.

I worked at Clinique full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

#1 brand in the world with high expectations for delivery on superior product and service.

Cons

too many messages delivered to counter staff is overwhelming and de-motivating.