Clinique

Be The First To
Add Photos

Clinique President & CEO Fabrizio Freda

Fabrizio Freda

Pros
  • The staff discount is amazing, and you get a lot of free products(in 9 reviews)

• gratis, great products, and learned a lot about skincare(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Pressure to acheive sales goals(in 6 reviews)

• Long hours especially during gift(in 4 reviews)

Associate Consultant

Associate Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsThis position is very flexible and allows me to make some extra money aside from my full time job. It also pays a lot more than most part-time jobs do. I have a background in cosmetics and that is how I was offered to apply to this position.

ConsSo long as you know your products and how to do makeup - you should be good to go! Wish this type of position received gratis.

Meh.

ProsEducation in skincare...even if you wonder if all of it is correct. Gratis, discount on products under the Estee Lauder umbrella, helping people feel great about themselves.

ConsRigid, strict dress code. Pressure to meet high goals which is customary in retail cosmetics. Clinique has affordable product, so it can be tricky to make it add up. You feel like you are pushing a bunch of products when most people don't want to put 6 layers of goo on their face twice a day (not counting makeup). Calling people constantly. You feel like you are bothering them, like a telemarketer.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up with the dress code. You can be professional and fashionable at the same time. The beauty industry is part of the fashion industry, and the fashion industry is always evolving. That is why the more "trendy" brands are taking your business. The makeup is still kinda boring. Shake it up a little bit! Even Estee Lauder is stepping up their game.

Creative Assistant (permanent/temporary position)

Creative Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGenerous discount on company products. Great environment and offices to work in.

ConsI was not eligible for medical benefits since I had a temporary position.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for! Education on products is second to none.

Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) Steubenville, OH

ProsGreat products, great atmosphere.

ConsScheduling is less than Full Time.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more FT positions, please!

Regional Education Executive

Regional Education Executive (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThis company kept a family feel even though a 1.1 billion dollar company. Amazing training. Training can be 4-6 weeks but worth it. Expectations are high but achievable. Reviews are very specific and they set you up for success. Amazing products. Allow executives to offer feedback on products before they are manufactured for public.

ConsCan be rigid with details. Sometimes slow to move and change. Conservative at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore feedback from consultants in regards to new products, selling techniques and how displays and testers are manufactured.

Great company !!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEnjoyable and Keeps you busy.

ConsThere is no life-work balance

Amazing Experience,I will forever owe Clinique, for my skin care knowledge and understanding.

Clinique Consultant (Former Employee) Flushing, NY

ProsVery educative, amazing education trainers, really help to develop amazing customer service and a profound understanding behind skin care concerns.

ConsSales goals were high and high in demand,

Advice to Senior Managementmore touch base, productive feedback, and when you have someone who truly understands her team and can actually develop them as a person, don't let them go.

Clinique loves their consultants!

Clinique Business Manager (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsClinique is a great company to work for. The company provides continuous training and support to keep their consultants the best in the industry.

ConsRetail can be very strenuous because of the type of work involved. Standing all day, putting away stock, calling clients, and the hours can be trying for those looking for something 9-5.

Great Company - Not advancement

Counter Manager (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsGreat benefits to working for Clinique - tons of free products and great training. They set you up for success in your current position

ConsThere is no - none what so ever - room for advancement out of the retailers setting. People in coordinator and executive positions get in the position and NEVER advance or move out of them for YEARS. When a position does open, the competition is to intense you need to really evaluate if you want it.

Great company with strong culture

Regional Education Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of avenues of growth. Estee Lauder Companies offers great employee benefits. Clinique is strategic and teaches you how to build a business

ConsThey can overwork their people. Pressure to acheive sales goals. Have to play politics of big corporation

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate jobs to spur growth of key accounts, don't wait until your people get burned out from taking on more responsibility than the job originally allowed. Pay people to do more work

Worked for Clinique? Contribute to the Community!