Clinkle Reviews

Huge opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Clinkle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Within my first hour of my first visit coming onsite at Clinkle, I was a firm believer in the product as well as the quality of the team. I am incredibly optimistic about the outlook of this company. Working here, I have had the ability to be very hands on and to help build out the infrastructure and business logic that will be the basis of our system. The team leaders (including recently hired VP Engineering!!) are awesome and allow for a lot of room to be creative and hands on with different projects. Some perks: free lunch & dinner, membership to SF Bay Club (across the street), flexible work hours, awesome location

Cons

in order to recruit (especially for engineers which we really need!) we have to deal with the negative press that is out there. However, as I said before, if we can get someone onsite, they tend to be very interested.

as the app becomes publicly available, let the product speak of its beauty and utility for itself. let the users tell the story. they will! :)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Clinkle full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The ability to make a significant contribution to the product.
    - The freedom to choose the areas of the product you'd like to work on.
    - Friendly and open culture.
    - Lots of talented people to work with.
    - Great work-like balance.
    - Fast-paced development process.

Cons

- Not much to say here, I've enjoyed my time at the company and I'm optimistic about it's future.

Smart people, awesome product, lots of opportunity.

I have been working at Clinkle full-time

Pros

We have an amazing team filled with extremely smart, passionate people. It has also become a very transparent environment with a really healthy culture and good work/life balance. Everyone works really hard but also gets rewarded for all their hard work and there is a ton of opportunity to learn and grow.

Cons

It is challenging being under such a microscope due to our large round of seed funding and some mistakes that were made early on. Negative press is never fun. That being said, mistakes were made early on and owned up to and we have matured and grown as a company and I'm excited for our product to speak for itself very soon.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't listen to the haters, this is the best job I've ever had

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Clinkle full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great, the pay is excellent, the perks are awesome. The employee quality here blows my mind - this place is made of the best of the best from Stanford's CS/Product Design departments. The app is beautiful and has an altruistic edge that I don't see in any other payment app, which makes me really hopeful.

I have really interesting projects and a lot of responsibility. Pretty sure that's the same for most every startup though? One thing that's awesome is that our design team delivers VIDEOS along with PSDs for each feature they ask to build.

A couple months ago, the entire company was told we had a crunch coming up, so they gave us a surprise week of paid vacation. Some of us went to Hawaii and chilled on the beach for eight days.

Cons

Lucas/management have made some mistakes. Firing an entire growth team six months after hiring them is a pretty colossal screwup and it's given us nothing but bad press and bitter reviews here on Glassdoor. Having lots of funding is both a blessing and a curse - when someone makes a mistake, like hiring an entire team that the company doesn't need, the pain is magnified by 20.

Every move is scrutinized by the press, which sucks.

Keep focusing on product- the time to fight back and fix our image is almost here.

One of the most valuable experiences of my life so far

I have been working at Clinkle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am challenged every day at Clinkle to do my very best. I'm given the autonomy to pursue the work I deem is most important, and I get to do it alongside an incredible team that includes some of the smartest, friendliest, and most multifaceted people I've ever met. Under this intense pressure, I've grown in a hundred different ways and accumulated meaningful experience at a rate far faster than I could've imagined. Not to mention the sweet, beautiful product that we've painstakingly built! If you're hungry to learn and ready to be pushed outside your comfort zone, Clinkle is where you should be.

Cons

The company is always evolving and changing. As with every startup, there is instability and changes of direction, and I've seen a lot of this firsthand. It sucks, but again that's just the startup life. If you're considering joining, make sure Clinkle and you are on the same page about what you're looking for and what you expect Clinkle to be. Good communication reduces the risk of expectation mismatch, which sucks for everyone.

Good opportunities, room to grow and learn, a lot of autonomy and good benefits for an old startup.

Current Employee - Software/Database Administrator Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software/Database Administrator Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Clinkle full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Leaders show a lot of focus on the goals of the company.
    - Open environment and good chance of growing and learning about latest technology
    - Compensation and benefits are good.
    - Work-life balance is respected.
    - Hiring new people who are experienced is one of the goal of the company.

Cons

- Accountability across the organization is still in infancy stage but working on it.
    - I haven't felt the real culture of the company yet but I think the new leaders below the Chief's are making a good effort in creating one.
    - a little bit farther from the Bart :(

- Focus on the delivery
    - Create a collaborative and innovative culture
    - Start team building efforts within and across different teams
    - Define company culture so employees know how to build product fast and reliable.

Nut cake

I have been working at Clinkle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the free food
    Did I mention the food?

Cons

Overhyped opportunity
    No trust in leadership

Return the money

Proud of this company for coming so far, great team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Clinkle full-time

Pros

One the best teams I've been on in a work environment, positive office culture, bold yet friendly management, very flexible, extremely creative people, lots of opportunity to make an impact, solid perks for a young company

Cons

Not for the faint-of-heart, in beginning work duties seemed unstructured, deadlines and work can be tough if not self-motivated

Great experience, smart people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, NM

I have been working at Clinkle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun start-up culture, so many smart people to work with and create greater solutions than any one of us could come up with, amazing engineering team, bold CEO: Lucas is a unique leader who is not afraid of taking risks, excellent pay

Cons

Worked with a few bad apples, most of who work elsewhere now

Company finally stabilized...headed in the right direction with amazing product

I have been working at Clinkle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the smartest people in the world
    Totally disruptive product - the media has no idea what it really is
    Free food, great benefits, great cash comp and ground floor equity

Cons

Tight deadlines, which means longer hours
    Young CEO, still learning
    Press is tough to deal with...but should go away with launch

Lucas needs to keep learning...he's very different today then he was 2 months ago...keep moving in the right direction.

Worked for Clinkle? Contribute to the Community!