Clinton Foundation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Eric Braverman

Pretty great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat co-workers and an awesome experience you cant get anywhere else really; the Clinton name really provides traction for a lot of the work we moved forward in a way that I havent experienced in other jobs

Consthere could be more structure. The initiative I worked for had staff spread out all over the country which made coordination and communication difficult.

Management Issues

ProsSmart, hard-working, young staff. Good locations in both Boston and New York. Decent opportunities to learn more about your field, provided your original job title aligns with your ultimate interests. (There's not much mobility between roles.)

ConsMismanagement by holdovers from past political campaigns/administrations. While some of these folks are incredibly competent, most are either distracted by other responsibilities or coasting on positions they have through political patronage.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the old hands clogging the corner offices. Further, get rid of the corner offices and associated mentality all together. The organization suffers from information siloing and a lack of dynamism -- spatial reorganization might be helpful in reducing those issues, though it certainly won't solve them completely.

Worked with some of the most impressive and intelligent people who care about the world.

Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFamily like environment, competitive in a good sense that you whet your skills, working for the former President of the United States is an honor, you get freedom to do your job without hovering or stifling supervision

ConsIt is a very political environment in the sense that everyone is jockeying for position

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve processes by leveraging best practices from corporations; make more middle management positions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best professional growth experience. Ever.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI was there as an intern for 4 months. I was given many tasks, learned a multitude of new skills, and expanded my network. If you have the drive to take on work, then this will be a great experience for you.

ConsThe internship is what you make of it. I would actively seek out new project opportunities. Other interns did the bare minimum and waited for their supervisors to give them work - these people ended up bored and hating their time at the Foundation. However if you are coming here to learn and grow, there are people willing to invest in you.

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInteresting people, mission, and projects

ConsHigh turnover, corporate atmosphere, little engagement

One of the most challenging yet exciting jobs I have held!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent company to work for. The staff is very energetic, knowledgeable, and innovative. You can tell that everyone is passionate about their job and the staff is extremely supportive in developing leaders.

ConsThe foundation is expanding rapidly so it was difficult to get to know people and travel between offices for meetings.

A great cause tempered by poor leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros+taking pride in the accomplishments of the Clinton Foundation
    +friendly/ talented colleagues and well-run internship program
    +CHAI and other Initiatives are more professional and productive than Clinton Foundation's NYC main office

Cons-recent frequent restructurings result in a constant state of flux
    -no organizational chart or transparency. poor leadership.
    -lack of accountability for management
    -very high staff turnover and little opportunity for employee development

Advice to Senior Management=focus on staff retention
    =reduce disruption caused by, and increase the professionalism of employee training sessions and meetings
    =communicate policy changes via email, not word of mouth.

Fast paced and cutting edge, the Clinton Foundation strives to grow as it matures as a organization.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFairly young and energetic. Skilled employees at many levels. Strong leadership. Good connections to many related organizations and a growing list of CGI members. Your work is meaningful and the impact can be seen.

ConsDisorganization at the very top of the organization due to changes at the Exec level. Low pay for the level of work. Department and inter-office communication is lacking to the point of poor office and organization culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more effort to retain good employees. Start more programs to build a positive office culture.

Great people, incredibly smart, and committed to doing good

Executive Producer Content (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIncredibly smart, great problem solvers, very organized, and committed to doing good

ConsNothing really to say here

I like the casual and relaxed working environment in CHAI.

Junior Accountant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Pros(1) Have an opportunity to meet with President Clinton
    (2) Get to know the operation of the big non-profit organization, do good things for people in the world
    (3) Colleagues are all very nice and supportive, and the working environment is not very stressful as those for profit organization
    (4) Our organization is very diversified, you will meet people from different countries
    (5) You may travel a lot, but it depends on your position

ConsSo far I didn't find any big Cons for working in CHIA.

Worked for Clinton Foundation? Contribute to the Community!