Clorox

Clorox Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Clorox Chairman and CEO Don Knauss

Don Knauss

Pros
  • The work-life balance is excellent with employers who trust you to get the work done (in 60 reviews)

• Half-day Fridays all summer long (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Too many hidden agendas at upper management level, no concern for employee well being, work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• First, consult the process and then wade through layers and layers of decision making (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

working with the company gave great satisfaction

Salesman and Merchandizer (Former Employee) Hato Rey, PR

Prosthey give you all the training needed to succeed and grow in the company.

Consbeing able to comunicate with your clients to maintain them happy and satisfied with your products and work.

Good people, interesting work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsSummer Fridays are a huge benefit.

ConsDowntown Oakland can be dicey. And Pleasanton is not commuter friendly.

Great culture, people and leadership

Senior Buyer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsExtremely relationship-based, people-oriented and a very cross-functional work environment. I've been working here for about 6 years and had several roles across supply chain functions. I've never seen a more inclusive and work-life balanced company than Clorox! I also love Clorox because they're a company with huge brands that are recognized by everyone. We are much smaller in numbers so you get the opportunity to experience many different roles and interact which senior leaders on a regular basis. This is the perfect environment for me because I am a type A personality.

ConsThe fact that we are big brands but small numbers means that we don't have job openings all the time and also means that we must operate extremely lean. Clorox is not shy of utilizing our resources so you typically are challenged at times with keeping all the "balls in the air". Time management, people skills and initiative are valuable skills to have and survive at Clorox; people who struggle typically aren't good at one or more of these things.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that people managers continue to put their people first and do not get consumed with the day-to-day. When people managers lose sight of the people, all is lost. I've had some not-so-good managers and I've had some great managers. A great manager in my eyes is an advocate, has a network outside of their function and can help me to develop and stretch my skills.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsStrong, ethical leadership. Big company with small company feel. Company really walks the talk on values. Everyone has the ability to have an impact. Challenging projects, opportunities to grow and half-day summer Fridays!!

ConsVery process heavy and needs to evolve the technology.

Awesome company

Electrical Specialist (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsFriendly environment, opportunities for training and advancement

ConsThey closed the plant in Tampa, FL. But they offered a good severance package.

Finance

Finance (Current Employee)

ProsThe company has a really awesome finance training for the division.

ConsThe company perks can be a bit better, but overall its good.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement really takes time to watch over the business and development of employees.

A Great Place to Word

Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsThere are certain things that are invaluable outside of ones salary, and Clorox has that to offer. There is a work from home schedule, flexibility, summer hours and a sense of trust from leadership. It is known that you will do your job, so micromanaging is not necessary.

ConsFlexibility = understanding of leadership that we as they themselves do - have a life.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am okay with the status quo

Eye opening experience of a great company culture

Supply Planner (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsCompany culture is very collaborative, friendly, and non hierarchal
    Leadership is very open to hear your ideas and open for day to day conversation
    Pay and Benefits are very nice

ConsThey a still growing with tecnological advances.
    Training/ On boardining needs to be imporved to a greater quality and consitent with all departments

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage better work iife balance.

The best company I have ever worked for.

Technical Process Operator (TPO) (Current Employee) Amherst, VA

ProsPay, shift differential, benefits, vacation, personal, sick time at time of employment, room for advancement in the company. When working swing shift you are off 14 days a month. Including 7 of those being an entire week.

ConsGetting used to the swing shift. Some of the training manuals are useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training manuals could be better in blanket packing at the Glad facility in Amherst VA.

Very inviting and help for culture

WCO Senior Manager (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsOpen environment for sharing and learning

Constoo new - none at this time

Advice to Senior Managementnone at this time

Worked for Clorox? Contribute to the Community!