Cloud[8]Sixteen

4.6

Joe Devine

Real Work with Real People

I have been working at Cloud[8]Sixteen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, lots of fun, phenomenal leadership. Training is on-going, reviews are conducted on time and performers are rewarded with promotions and raises. There are a ton of opportunities to develop and grow your career at the Cloud.

Cons

At times, tech work can become a little tedious

Keep doing what you're doing! INC 500 membership, Best Places to Work awards year after year....What advice do you need? You guys are doing a ton right!

Amazing people and working environment... culture like none other.

I have been working at Cloud[8]Sixteen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There's something really special about the culture at Cloud 8 Sixteen. Everyone is passionate about the mission and the projects they are working on. They are some of the smartest and most dedicated I've worked with. Cloud 8 Sixteen is a family and I love spending time with everyone both at work and after hours. Excellent benefits, employee perks and all company events.

Cons

The only think I would change is the office location, nothing about the company itself. The office is just not conveniently located to where I live.

Thank you! I love the level trust, support and autonomy management provides employees to run with an idea and own a project.

The world is your oyster if you are willing to work for it

Current Employee - Vice President in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cloud[8]Sixteen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I started as a part-timer doing what amounted to intern work and now I am an executive at one of the firm's biggest divisions. It is refreshing to work at a place that rewards hard work and dedication. The company is small enough that your achievements are recognized, and yet large enough that you really feel like we are making a difference.

The atmosphere is also second-to-none. Great company culture, we're always doing company events and goofing around in the office. Definitely a "work hard, play hard" attitude. Everyone really gets along and the "office politics" are almost non-existent.

Over the years they have really collected a great group of creative, hard-working, and genuinely fun people. And innovation is constantly occuring; new products and services are always being tested and tried out.

Cons

I guess a "con" is that the flip-side of being rewarded for hard work is that there is very little reward for NOT working hard. There are some days when I think, "Man it would be nice if I could just coast for a while", and I'm sure at some big corporations where there's a lot of people and not a lot of accountability, that's possible. But not here. But honestly that's not really a "con", because that's the real world for you: you work hard, you get rewarded. You don't, and you don't. I'd much rather have it that way than have hard work not matter.

Keep doing what you've been doing.

Great Place...Great People!

I have been working at Cloud[8]Sixteen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company continues to grow year over year! It is a direct reflection of the hard work from all of the employees. The culture/environment allows every employee to work hard/play hard. Every year there are new ideas that are implemented to keep the company on the cutting edge and ahead of the competition. It is interesting to see competitors changing their business models/plans to "mimmick" the things that seem to be working well for us. It almost seems like we do the research and testing and then they change to follow....the company is an industry leader!

I have been fortunate to visit with numerous clients and referral partners across the country and the response is always overwhelmingly positive. From a Sales perspective, it says a lot when your clients and referral partners give praise and advise others to work with us, while we sit back and listen! It shows that others truly believe in our product/service!

Cons

Cold calling is not fun and can be monotonous...but pays off.
    Not a lot of physical interaction with clients, mostly via phone.

Keep it up....it is nice to have an "open door" policy and be open to all suggestions (both positive and negative).

Great place to work, boring job to do

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cloud[8]Sixteen full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are all friendly and smart. Fun, open environment. People are trusted to be responsible enough to do what they need to do, so no one is ever breathing down your neck about working faster. Freedom to take breaks at will. Quarterly company events.

Your paid time off hours are yours. You can take them for whatever you want. I usually use them as sick days, but if you hypothetically felt like you absolutely must play hookey, you could use them for that as well.

I've never had to take my work home with me and the company subsidizes memberships at Gold's Gym, so that's a work/life balance I'm ok with.

Cons

The work isn't exactly satisfying or fulfilling, and it often feels like what you're doing is futile.

The office is now located on 360, a mile south Bee Caves road. It's about as unwalkable a a place can get, so if you value not driving, this could be a problem.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Awesome Job, Better People

I have been working at Cloud[8]Sixteen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture. Ability and work are rewarded rather than seniority and time in. Growth is always there, and senior management is open to new ideas.

Cons

Jobs in online marketing can be a bit repetitive and often times a grind. Not sure if that's a slight to the Company, or the tasks at hand.

Don't let disruptive growth blur core competency, and always circle back to the cultural deliverables.

I see myself being here a while.

Current Employee - Web Strategist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Web Strategist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cloud[8]Sixteen full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoy the people I work with inside and outside of work, the company events are amazing, they provide all of the tools employees need to continue learning and advancing their careers. Great internship opportunities and there's plenty of entertainment in the office for breaks.

Cons

Because of the fun spirited nature of the office environment, it can be loud / distracting and hard to work on focus-intensive tasks.

A small amount of pre-approved, unpaid time off would be nice. Hard to get out of town in the first few years.

Great company providing awesome opportunities!

I have been working at Cloud[8]Sixteen full-time

Pros

The bosses are always upfront with how the company is doing financially. You are rewarded for your hard work. Senior management is always open to new ideas and has an "open door policy." Company events are always a great time, especially since we are like a big family. The casual atmosphere allows your to be yourself and have a good time while you are in the office.

Cons

Working in the legal industry can be monotonous at times, but the casual atmosphere, arcade games, and friendly people are a great way to take a break and re-group.

As we continue to grow, I think it's important to keep up with the awesome company culture.

Amazing Company!

Current Employee - Management in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cloud[8]Sixteen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Perfect balance of work and fun, room to advance, great training programs, fun work environment with a pool table, a arcade machine, and other games, music plays all day on the operations side of the office, co-workers are friendly and management is always there to help. C816 is a company that has fun, believes in it's product and attracts great people.

Cons

I wish I would have started working here sooner!

None. Keep up the awesomeness!

Hard Work Rewarded / Great Environment

I have been working at Cloud[8]Sixteen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is always a pleasure to come to work knowing your hard work will be noticed, makes an actual difference, and that you are backed up by a lot of smart, talented people.

Honesty with our clients is a company mandate. We own our mistakes and, although rare, admit that our services are not for everyone. This moral approach to doing business is why we have created so many long-lasting client relationships and why we continue to grow at such a rapid rate.

The day to day work I do is not at all what I thought I would be doing as a career but I've come to realize being proud of what you do is what truly "fulfills".

We don't take ourselves too seriously but we are still serious about our work. It's a fun place to be, we are growing like crazy, and there is too much talent here for that to slow down any time soon.

Cons

The work can be tedious at times but the casual atmosphere makes it easy to relax when you really need it.

Cloud[8]Sixteen Photos