Cloud Sherpas Reviews

Reset
4.6
Cloud Sherpas CEO David Northington
David Northington

Pros
  • This contributes to a work/life balance that cannot be beaten (in 9 reviews)

• It's a fast paced environment where we all work hard and more importantly collaboratively (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The pace is extremely fast paced and there isn't enough time to do all the things to get acquianted and train the the companies internal systems (in 3 reviews)

• The staff could greatly benefit from more training on internal systems and processes (in 3 reviews)

If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

On a high-level, if you are looking for an energetic environment, working with super smart people, and very few sluggish internal processes, then Sherpas is the one you're looking for. There are tons of opportunities to grow, and many people got promoted promptly because of their talent and hardwork, period. Pros: 1. Rapid growth = great career opportunity 2. Pay is competitive in the ecosystem 3. Top talent - no doubt about that. Interview was really smooth and professional. Initial contact with recruiter, followed by a couple rounds of phone interviews, technical interviews, and case study. Interviewers are professional, down-to-earth and ask really serious questions (no tricky behavioral questions, or IQ trap, just plain and solid knowledge & experience check).

Cons

1. Benefits is average (PTO is mediocre, No 401K matching is a surprise, no tuition reimbursement etc.)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing right now. Be innovative. Foster and retain the awesome vibe as the company grows bigger and bigger. Keep investing more on your employees as they are the most valuable assets to the company and really a top-notch!

2. Senior Manager

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time

Pros

Great people, strong technology offerings, competitive in the Salesforce delivery landscape, flexibility and less travel than other consulting companies, competitive pay

Cons

Lack of a strong corporate culture or identity, employees are stretched too thin across multiple accounts and projects, poor vacation policy for consulting, immature performance management processes. There are also several people in leadership positions that came from the legacy companies via merger that are not adding value

Very strong company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is managed well - the culture, the financials, the company growth, the career growth. Everyone is positive and collaborative. You feel like your peers are tops in the industry. They earn the customer's respect, and one another's.

Cons

Growth is accelerated. Sometimes you're asked to wear one too many hats.

Excellent in SFDC Consulting - Sr. Mgr

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas

Pros

Strong Colleagues, Great Accelerator assets, Top shelf clients

Cons

As a Sr. Manager, on occasion, schedule gets overbooked, but it evens out over time. It's the nature of the business

Advice to Management

Keep it going. Thanks for the strategic investments

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas (More than a year)

Pros

Heavy Utilization, good resources. great health care

Cons

Lack of Accountability for the offshore teams means that sometimes you will miss deadlines and be on the hook for the overall outcome of the project.

Great place to work!!

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas

Pros

Excellent company to work for! I've been here close to three years and the company continues to grow and strengthen its position as a leader in the industry. Great people to work with, couldn't be happier with my decision to be a Sherpa.

Cons

Because of the large growth over the last year or so, expectations are high and it can get pretty stressfull at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Marketing Manager

Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work environment: Collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. There is a general openness to new ideas and trying new things. Benefits: Great benefits. There are 3 healthcare plan options, the basic plan is completely free to the employee. The high end plan is around $35/per pay period for an individual. Short term disability is automatic for all employees. Hours: Most employees come in at 9am and leave at 5pm. Professional Development: The company offers "lunch and learns" to employees in the office 1-2x a month. Food is provided and we have a speaker talk about technology innovations. Transparency: Quarterly updates on company performance are offered via GTM presentations so employees know how the company is doing. Growth Opportunities: The company really seems to value its employees, if you do well there are promotion opportunities.

Cons

The only real con I see is that there is currently no 401K matching. Hopefully its coming!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. Great environment! Direction one can buy into

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the open sharing of all our wins and direction each month. Cloud Sherpas is growing at an astronomical pace and has a determined direction that everyone is pulling together for. The people I've worked with so far are all great - helpful, willing, friendly. The degree of internal knowledge transfer and sharing is the one thing that really makes this crowd stand out for me!!!

Cons

As others have mentioned, the cons are the standard ones for any consulting role. Travel can get tiring, customer preparedness and fast pace. Nothing new... PTO policy is lower than most consultancy firms I've worked with.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep sharing. Keep the direction. My only suggestion for difference is that the internal project review process could do with tweaks to make them more appropriate to roles.

10. Great company

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas

Pros

They keep you up-to-date on how the company is performing. You always mingle with other departments within the company. Everyone is very nice and helpful. Great pay and benefits.

Cons

I can't think of one thing.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome!

11. Is committed to fairness and excellence

Current Employee - Sales Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cloud Sherpas hires very good people and puts them in a position to succeed. The focus is on the customer and the culture fosters collaboration to help make our clients successful.

Cons

Our success requires a lot of individual time and effort and hinders work/life balance. It's not all bad because it's a company-wide dedication that produces results.

RSS Feed </> Embed