Cloud Sherpas

Updated October 9, 2014
4.5

Cloud Sherpas CEO David Northington
David Northington

Pros
  • This contributes to a work/life balance that cannot be beaten (in 6 reviews)

• Great people overall, open culture, smiling faces, fast paced (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • If you don't like fast paced environments, then this is not the place for you (in 3 reviews)

• Company still feels like the result of multiple business forced together with different internal systems and processes (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company To Work For

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are an independent person who has the experience and skills to succeed in your role, you will thrive at this company. There is absolutely no micromanagement and you are given full freedom (and responsibility) to manage your projects. If you are delivering successful projects for the client, only good things will happen to you.

It also has the feel of an established startup, meaning there aren't many stupid rules or policies which other companies have. You can work remotely whenever you are not required to be onsite at a client, which often times only occurs in the beginning of a project. This contributes to a work/life balance that cannot be beaten.

Cons

If you are someone who relies on working closely with a team or depends on other people for help, you will struggle here. Projects are in fact staffed with different resources playing different roles, which comprises a team, however, each member is expected to carry their own weight. Everyone will make every effort they can to help you, but ultimately your success lies in the talent and skill which you provide the team/client as an individual.

Continue to build the offerings for career growth, have more happy hours where coworkers get a chance to know/meet each other in person (outside of the virtual world)

The company has potential

I worked at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work From Home
    Great individuals make up the teams
    Culture was great between employees

Cons

Management!!!

Management is more about the numbers to please their investors.
    Was pitched that the job would be like X when it was like Y.
    Benefits are not the greatest, limited vacation time, NO 401K matching

Learn transparency and reward employees and when you say 25% travel that doesn't mean every other week.

Laid back environment with high expectations

Current Employee - Financial Management Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Management Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work is very independent where you feel like you are running your own company within a company. The boss is hands off, but there to support you whenever you need it. The work is demanding and a lot is expected of you, but with the freedom to make your own decisions means you don't have to go through a lot of red tape to get things done. Exposure to upper management is abundant. You will receive valuable insight on where the company is going and responsibility in getting the company to where it wants to be. Hours can be long, but if you set up a good system you will allow yourself more time off. PTO is industry average but it can be stretched depending on your manager and work from home policies. You won't want to take too much time off here with how much is on your plate and the people who depend on you. There are always new people coming in, so if you have been here for three months you are considered a veteran.

Cons

With less structure, there is more chaos. It is great to be free to handle situations the way you want, but the downside is that things can be messy sometimes and missed. Adding structure is a constant goal in the group and with so much on our plate it is difficult to focus on it. There is hardly any training at all so it is up to you to figure out what to do when you get here. Overall a great company that isn't perfect, but comparably much better place to work than most companies.

Retirement contribution, clearer bonus/raise structure from upper management, more engagement from upper management.

Great experience in a consulting firm working with a range of smart folks in the cloud technology firm

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart folks in all areas of the business. Incredibly passionate about "doing things right" and servicing clients with A+ work.

Cons

Culture is tough to form with employees working so widely across the globe.

Very collaborative company

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture, colleagues collaborate globally really well. For a boutique, they are doing a bang up job implementing Salesforce solutions for clients of all sizes. Clients love the work Cloud Sherpas does.

Cons

Benefits aren't the greatest. Very limited vacation time. No 401k match. SFDC President is purely numbers focused, probably to please the investors. Sales compensation plan and bonus structures for delivery are cumbersome and challenging to really leverage.

Comp plans are too complex. Vacation policy is really not competitve in the industry. Lack of 401k match is a turnoff. Good focus on work life balance, and really good, collaborative culture. Important to look at the big picture and not only the numbers. Some of the tools like Go To Meeting are cumbersome internally and for the clients.

Open, welcoming, collaborative

Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great team collaboration, work atmosphere, work-life-balance, flexibility, casual, positive.

Cons

Not as challenging as I'd hoped, mundane tasks, etc.

Strong start!!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

During the interview process, every person I met reinforced my decision to leave another top consulting company in this same space. While I've just started with Cloud Sherpas, I'm excited about what's ahead both for me professionally and the organization. Cloud Sherpas is going places!
    > Strong, positive culture - This was my top priority in making a move
    > Ability to work remote while still connecting in-person with colleagues
    > Good benefits
    > Fast growth
    > Great compensation
    > Top talent

Cons

None that I've come across yet

Keep building a strong culture, hiring the right team members, and investing in every Sherpa.

Little training, little resources, unreasonable expectations

Former Employee - SMB Google Applications Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - SMB Google Applications Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people overall, open culture, smiling faces, fast paced...

Cons

Not many people have much experience, there's little training and support. There is no work-life balance here, expect to work weekends.

Be more in touch with what employees are doing, let them know they're doing a good job, and provide proper training to all of staff including resources.

Excellent company with so many growth opportunities!

Current Employee - Consultant in Palm Coast, FL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Palm Coast, FL

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company has opened so many doors for me. I have learned so much through all of the training options the company provides and by getting the chance to work with very talented and experienced people. The perks are great for remote employees and they really do treat there employees great. Working from home it is hard to meet other team members, but since I have been with the company I have met many team members through onboarding and trainings and I can honestly say that as a remote employee I feel like I am part of a team. The company provides a great work life and does a great job at making sure you have time with the family. I am proud to call myself a Sherpa.

Cons

Sometimes travel can be extensive but it works out when you are working from home.

Great company, no nonsense, no politics, but still fun

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Team atmosphere is by far the best aspect of the company, and like no other place I've worked. Even though we're organized into teams, I know that I can reach out to any other teams or team leads and get assistance. For a Professional Services organization, this is unheard of.

Cons

The benefits are merely average.
    Two weeks of vacation, basic medical (Aetna), but dental & vision are included. Average prices to add dependents.

Solicit feedback on the quality and variety of benefits available.