Cloud Sherpas

Updated December 10, 2014
4.6

Cloud Sherpas CEO David Northington
David Northington

Pros
  • This contributes to a work/life balance that cannot be beaten (in 9 reviews)

• Great people overall, open culture, smiling faces, fast paced (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • If you don't like fast paced environments, then this is not the place for you (in 3 reviews)

• Company still feels like the result of multiple business forced together with different internal systems and processes (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome company. Best place I've worked!

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very entrepreneurial. Great people,very smart and good to work with. Challenging projects. Great clients. Best Salesforce partner there is!

Cons

Most employees are virtual so not many activities to participate in and most work from home.

Keep up the great work!

Technical Architect

I worked at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Recruiter contacted me and promised that Cloud Sherpas would support in receiving SalesForce Certifications.
    It was very nice in the beginning. The interview process was fairly quick with 3 separate phone and in person visits Then a nice offer was extend. I was hired into Cloud Sherpas in the beginning of 2014.

Cons

1. SFDC Certification Support - It does not exist. Except for some publicly known SalesForce Materials.
    2. Watch your back - As soon you start a project you will need to be aware that someone else would do your job better. As the result they will send you to another job and the same would happen.
    3. Training- Do not expect to get training for SFDC, however they management will insist on SFDC certificate. So you are on your own for a limited time only.

Please invest in your team.
    Please do not create competition between employees.

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work-life balance, compensation, training, career development and advancement opportunities, employees, customers, and company culture are excellent. Interesting projects, great customers, and an incredible pool of internal talent second to none.

Cons

I don't have any "Cons" so far, but concur that for some people who have never worked remotely or aren't inclined to do so, that may be a challenge depending upon your role.

Great company with the attitude of a startup and the management style of an establish player. Hard work, but rewarding.

Current Employee - Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You're in the middle of the most exciting it revolution in years.

Cons

Long hours and a lot of work. They're really busy.

Exciting and Fast Moving Company! Great Team, Great Culture!

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Definitely the people. From marketing to sales to HR - they all seem to love and enjoy their jobs. I am truly inspired by the amazing people I connect with every day. The leadership is accessible (even the CEO responds!). The managers are there to help and help you succeed. I have a growth plan with my manager and I am watching it actualize. I have the ability to work from home or in the office - there is a great autonomy and ability to create my own schedule. And of course - the technology is great!

Cons

Every company has a downside and I do not see many here, but if I had to choose one I would say that the
    Benefits need to change. They are expensive and not great (low PTO, minimum number of company holidays, medical coverage mediocre)

Like I said, the PTO, company holiday policy has room for improvement.

A wonderful internship at a fantastic company!

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I love my internship. My bosses are wonderful and they really want you to succeed and grow during the internship. I am given a lot of responsibility with multiple projects. Sometimes it can be hard trying to juggle all of them at once but it never feels like they are giving me too much. I look forward to coming into work everyday. My coworkers are hilarious and no one takes themselves very seriously. I mainly work with upper management in my department. While I see other interns, we don't interact much unless you make a point to. It is a fun, relaxed office environment and I don't think there is anything like it in Atlanta.

Cons

I can't say that I dislike any part of my job. I don't like being micromanaged so it is perfect for me. If you want to have an internship where everything is spoon fed to you, this is not the internship for you. There are a lot of projects and you will be doing a lot of work. You are given instructions and then it is up to you to do the task to the best of your ability. Everyone is willing to help you but these will be your projects, your successes or failures.

Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Moving to Cloud Sherpas was just as good as I thought it would be. Right away, everyone was so helpful and enjoyable through the on-boarding process. Great to work with a company where you can have an enjoyable and casual conversation with the CEO! The culture is as good as it gets, great work-life balance. Lot of opportunity for my career and I love coming to work each day!

Cons

The only negative (if this is even a negative) is that there is no gym membership program. But there are numerous gyms nearby so not too bad at all!

Dynamic Opportunities

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fast and agile with the resources to make a difference. Culture is good with a lot of opportunity for individuals to make a difference. Overall Compensation is better than market. Peers are all technically adept and management trust you to manage your own time. Freedom to

Cons

Need a lot more help for amount of work available. Health package could be better. retirement match would be huge.

Tremendous window to grow and expand. be agressive you have some serious horsepower behind you.

Great Company To Work For

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are an independent person who has the experience and skills to succeed in your role, you will thrive at this company. There is absolutely no micromanagement and you are given full freedom (and responsibility) to manage your projects. If you are delivering successful projects for the client, only good things will happen to you.

It also has the feel of an established startup, meaning there aren't many stupid rules or policies which other companies have. You can work remotely whenever you are not required to be onsite at a client, which often times only occurs in the beginning of a project. This contributes to a work/life balance that cannot be beaten.

Cons

If you are someone who relies on working closely with a team or depends on other people for help, you will struggle here. Projects are in fact staffed with different resources playing different roles, which comprises a team, however, each member is expected to carry their own weight. Everyone will make every effort they can to help you, but ultimately your success lies in the talent and skill which you provide the team/client as an individual.

Continue to build the offerings for career growth, have more happy hours where coworkers get a chance to know/meet each other in person (outside of the virtual world)

The company has potential

I worked at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work From Home
    Great individuals make up the teams
    Culture was great between employees

Cons

Management!!!

Management is more about the numbers to please their investors.
    Was pitched that the job would be like X when it was like Y.
    Benefits are not the greatest, limited vacation time, NO 401K matching

Learn transparency and reward employees and when you say 25% travel that doesn't mean every other week.