Cloud Sherpas Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
120 reviews filtered by

1. Great Work Environment

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

One of the most important parts of working for a company for me is a positive environment and culture. I was part of an acquisition by Cloud Sherpas and was nervous the culture of the previous entity would be disrupted but was pleasantly surprised to find a great group of colleagues in Cloud Sherpas. It has a small company feel but is growing rapidly with a global reach.

Cons

As with any growing company, there is a large workload to handle. Also, with the personnel spread across the globe it can be difficult to be aware of all the activities and opportunities available.

Continue to strive for high levels of communication throughout the company.

2. Too Big, Too Fast

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cloud Sherpas

Pros

Fun place to work and great colleagues. Good startup culture, at least early on. Very strong founding team.

Cons

Culture changed too dramatically, too quickly. Low relative comp. Weak benefits (like health care and 401k), except the in-office benefits. Lots of travel. Chaotic.

This stuff is already part of every other firm's core services. Your market leadership is eroding. Sell while there's still an advantage to an acquirer. Even if it's a partial sale of only some units.

Rapidly Growing, Exciting Company

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Small company feel with the perks of a large company. Lots of opportunity for advancement within the firm, the company is growing quickly so there's always work to be done and always an opportunity to take on more challenging roles. Strong teams with a high level of technical competency within the firm. Challenging, interesting projects with high-profile clients. Very competitive compensation.

Cons

PTO policy pales in comparison to some larger consulting firms. Work life balance is in general good, but growing pains may mean longer hours for some personnel.

Continue to invest in your people and your community.

5. I wanted to stretch myself and I got it! You're well compensated for risk and the hard work. Very intelligent people!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some of the most intelligent, yet appropriately humble people with whom to work. Working on clients that are at the very apex of the financial services sector. Having the ear and resources of Salesforce.com as a premier partner. Everyone is really great about celebrating each other's accomplishments.

Cons

The spreading of your mind share can get tiring. Significant demand of your time across projects. Tracking billable time can be challenging relative to hours allocated on a project.

Hire more people faster!

Employee of Cloud Sherpas - Review

Current Employee - Accounting
    Current Employee - Accounting

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas

Pros

Great work environment. Management encourages a low-stress atmosphere, but everyone definitely gets his/her work done. The vibe is that we work out of compassion for the company, and not out of fear of deadlines.

Cons

Very limited levels of employment. Entry level and upper management, with little to nothing in-between. The company is still relatively new, which is likely the cause of this.

Rapid growth = opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company is booming. I work within the Salesforce business and we had a record year.
    Flexibility to make your own path.

Cons

Kind of weak on the benefits. 1 week short of normal tech PTO. No matching on 401k/IRA.

Sometimes a little bit of drift in management initiative. But that is because we are young, and you are expected to forge your own success.

Add 5 days to PTO now. Start matching.

8. Fast growing company, opportunity to grow your career while working with a great team

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time

Pros

Fantastic opportunity, a supportive culture with great potential to grow your skills and your career across a diverse set of technologies. Working with some of the very best in the business affords growth at all levels from entry level positions to management.

Cons

As with any consulting firm, some people just don't like putting in the travel or having to work long hours at times. The fast pace and growth of the company can make it demanding.

Re-visit company benefits to continue to make them better and keep up the good work!

9. Great Opportunity in Exciting Environment

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone is pretty young and the Company fits the profile of a typical tech company - ie casual attire, ping pong table, fun atmosphere. Leadership is transparent and truly values the culture. They make an effort to know all employees and stay knowledgeable in all aspects of the business.

Cons

Given that this is a relatively small company with significant growth, every employee is expected to wear multiple hats and go above and beyond their role. The expectations are high and the environment is fast paced, and not everyone is prepared for that coming in given the laid back environment. Health benefits are good although there is no 401k match.

10. Overall, great place to work, very fast pace, if you aren't willing to work hours to learn and advance, you will sink.

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been here for just shy of 4 years, before the acquisitions began. I've learned more in the 4 years I've been here about how to run an organization than I could have anywhere else. I genuinely enjoy working with most of my coworkers, everyone wants the team to exceed. We have great brand name clients and work is fun on a daily basis. We work hard.

Cons

PTO is very minimum - you can give more PTO to those who have earned it and been around for a while.
    No 401k matching
    Management not always willing to spend budget on internal tools to make sales processes easier as the number one focus is trying to sell.

Work life balance in the GBU can be tough at times.

Praise those who are in supporting roles to sales when a job is well done.

Provide more PTO.
    Work life balance concerns.

11. Endless opportunities to learn, advance, and network

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is a fast growing company that is constantly creating opportunities for you to learn something new about business, consulting, or nearly anything you want.
    There are plenty of opportunities to advance your career by gaining experience and flexibility to move to an area of the company that may interest you more.
    The chances to network with very influential people, not just within Cloud Sherpas, but also with partner companies, customers, and vendors.

Cons

At least in the Atlanta office, finding a desk can be difficult. I have had to move a few times, but there are others who still do not have a desk. I have heard that the office will be expanded in the near future, so that should help.
    The only other disappointment I have is the lack of matching of 401k contributions. However, I get the feeling that this is becoming the norm, rather than the exception.