Cloud Sherpas

Updated October 9, 2014
4.5

Cloud Sherpas CEO David Northington
David Northington

Pros
  • This contributes to a work/life balance that cannot be beaten (in 6 reviews)

• Great people overall, open culture, smiling faces, fast paced (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • If you don't like fast paced environments, then this is not the place for you (in 3 reviews)

• Company still feels like the result of multiple business forced together with different internal systems and processes (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cloud Sherpas as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Atmosphere, people, pay, Overall a great place to work in a fast paced high growth start up.

Cons

I didn't encounter any cons while working here.

Overall Good Experience

Former Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cloud Sherpas as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for, great culture

Cons

Sometimes the work does get a little repetitive

Working for an Industry Leader with the feel of a West Coast Startup

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cloud Sherpas has all the might and funding of a Big 5 consultancy with the agility and innovative spirit of a start-up. Employees are empowered to work with the technologies and processes that work best for them and are given the latitude to make the right decision for their clients. If you're looking to further your knowledge and feel like a member of an industry leader while carving out your space in the cloud, Cloud Sherpas is the place for you.

Cons

The only con I have with respect to Cloud Sherpas is one of the things I love about it. There is a lack of on-boarding processes and procedure that has to be followed, but that also leaves room for employees and managers to do what's best for the situation.

Keep up the good work, in my short time here I've seen us climb to new heights and show no signs of stopping.

Intelligent, innovative workplace

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people that you work with are young, bright, and driven. The work is fast-paced and makes an impact on this fast-growing, yet still small, corporation.

Cons

We are growing so quickly, our office feels like its getting smaller!

Excited to be a part of this innovative and growing company!

Current Employee - Consultant - Salesforce Business Unit
    Current Employee - Consultant - Salesforce Business Unit

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- One of the platinum partners of Salesforce.com
    - Our position in the marketplace attracts top talent. Your mentors will be incredibly intelligent, experienced and successful.
    - Company is well-funded and has an excellent business plan.
    - Opportunity to work remotely, or in one of our offices around the globe.
    - Great culture of people who want to help each other be successful. Very few lone wolves.
    - Autonomy to manage your own time and set your own goals. As long as you deliver, you will not be micromanaged.
    - Work/life balance is a lot better than other consulting groups I've worked for in the past.

Cons

- Still trying to fully integrate several acquisitions into a single company. Organization structure, benefits and managers are constantly changing.
    - Not a lot of opportunity to interact with your co-workers face-to-face other than people who work on your projects. I've never been to our corporate HQ.

Overall you are doing a great job. You have sold me on your vision for the company and I am excited to be part of it. Keep employee satisfaction a priority so that we can retain all of our valuable talent for years to come.

Clients and Employees First

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is an enormous pleasure to be part of a fast growing company with so much focus on the clients and that has such a commitment to all employees

Cons

I have nothing to add in this category. All of the feedback is very positive at the moment.

Wonderful place to work!

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time

Pros

Cloud Sherpas is a fast and innovative organization with top talent all over the world! The cofounders and leaders at Cloud Sherpas place strong emphasis on the culture - it is a fun environment to work in filled with high caliber individuals. Across the organization, you will find a diverse group of employees working hard towards the common goal of providing world-class services for our customers and leading as a cloud services brokerage.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about the company or the employees at Cloud Sherpas! I love working for Cloud Sherpas!

What you see is what you get

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time

Pros

Talented team focuses on the goal of servicing customers. I've experienced very little individual agendas that often subvert this goal.

Cons

Hard work and long hours.

Need to make sure that the loyalty is recognized and reciprocated and inject fun into an environment where everyone is working hard

New Hire Onboarding

Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

An in house HR director was the first to contact me, not a 3rd party hiring firm with only limited knowledge of the company.
    I interviewed with inside sales reps who had heavy influence on who would be hired. These people are now my sales teammates!
    The managers I met with were laid back, but still asked the appropriate questions to qualify each candidate. Each conversation was truly a back and forth interview where each side could truly identify if it was a good fit or not.

Cons

All I can say is Cloud Sherpas has created an environment where it is much easier to focus on the pros rather than the cons.

Keep the pizzas coming!

Outstanding Work Life Balance and Culture

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the best things about this company is that they pretty much let you manage your projects, time and work location the way that you want. Projects are with well known companies, work weeks rarely exceed 40 hours, and you have the choice of working from home or in an office. Travel is also very manageable, often times occurring at the beginning of a project and not throughout, due to the remote nature of Salesforce.

If you are a solid Salesforce consultant with the ability to take initiative with an independent mindset, you will absolutely thrive. There is also a culture which rewards getting things done as opposed to micro-managing the method of doing so. This however could pose a problem for those who rely on managers or are not truly Salesforce experts themselves.

Cons

The remote aspect of the business and fast growth sometimes prevent the social benefits of working for a company from being attained. However, things like happy hours and team building events do seem to be getting organized more and more.