Cloud9 Analytics

Add Photos

Michael Howard

C9

Sales (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsNew team, culture and focus on new age products... exciting place to be at a time when CRM systems aren't making the grade wrt forecasting and deep analytics. Upbeat place to be if you like fast paced exciting days.

Conslots of 'noise' in the market and so many area's to address, its get a little confusing.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus, focus, focus....

Disjointed, poor communication, personal vendettas, unclear direction and tasks

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMany of the people are really nice, bright, and competent
    Was able to do a certain amount of change management with support

ConsPersonal issues got in the way of the work, and was allowed
    No clear communication about what was needed or direction
    Little to no feedback on the changes or work that I did
    Little opportunity to make things better or advance

Had a lot of potential and lost it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

Pros-you'll find pockets of dedicated, hard working employees who make your own efforts feel like they're worth it.
    -catered friday lunches

Cons-product challenges
    -stagnant work culture and leadership
    -management makes promises they don't keep
    -lack of cohesive company direction
    -little chance of career advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementThis used to be a great place to work, there was a lot of promise with the direction of the company. With poor choice of executive leadership, and a lot of turnover in management, there is a lack of direction and leadership that is affecting the day-to-day culture of the company.

Hopefully you can turn things around, I know there have been a lot of changes recently..

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Painful Expeirence

Senior Java Architect (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsI was interviewed by six bright and motivated people - my future team. An hour on the phone, and 4 hours face to face. I was to work on Groovy/Grails BI application

ConsAfter my first week I was switched to a team that I never interviewed with - very dysfuncational - very toxic. Their task is to maintain very large legacy code base, which is not documented, complex, and very hard to understand. None of the team understands the big picture. They are hostile to any new comer that asks any question. Management gave me support - in writing - understanding that their server team was dysfunctional- then in a week turned around and terminated my contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand why your server team (3 people out of 25) is dysfunctional and toxic and take measure to get rid of the toxic legacy code that is source of the problem. Get best-of-the-best open source to replace the legacy code. Get rid of the toxicity or it will infect the rest of the company.

Good Focus / Good Product

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCloud9 solution for sales pipeline and forecast management works well
    Customers are happy

ConsUrgency high in client facing roles, could be higher in non-client facing roles

Advice to Senior ManagementGood focus

Worked for Cloud9 Analytics? Contribute to the Community!