Cloud9 Analytics Reviews

1 Rating

1. C9

Current Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Cloud9 Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New team, culture and focus on new age products... exciting place to be at a time when CRM systems aren't making the grade wrt forecasting and deep analytics. Upbeat place to be if you like fast paced exciting days.

Cons

lots of 'noise' in the market and so many area's to address, its get a little confusing.

Advice to Management

focus, focus, focus....

Had a lot of potential and lost it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Cloud9 Analytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-you'll find pockets of dedicated, hard working employees who make your own efforts feel like they're worth it. -catered friday lunches

Cons

-product challenges -stagnant work culture and leadership -management makes promises they don't keep -lack of cohesive company direction -little chance of career advancement

Advice to Management

This used to be a great place to work, there was a lot of promise with the direction of the company. With poor choice of executive leadership, and a lot of turnover in management, there is a lack of direction and leadership that is affecting the day-to-day culture of the company. Hopefully you can turn things around, I know there have been a lot of changes recently..

3. Painful Expeirence

Former Contractor - Senior Java Architect in Redwood City, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior Java Architect in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Cloud9 Analytics as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was interviewed by six bright and motivated people - my future team. An hour on the phone, and 4 hours face to face. I was to work on Groovy/Grails BI application

Cons

After my first week I was switched to a team that I never interviewed with - very dysfuncational - very toxic. Their task is to maintain very large legacy code base, which is not documented, complex, and very hard to understand. None of the team understands the big picture. They are hostile to any new comer that asks any question. Management gave me support - in writing - understanding that their server team was dysfunctional- then in a week turned around and terminated my contract.

Advice to Management

Understand why your server team (3 people out of 25) is dysfunctional and toxic and take measure to get rid of the toxic legacy code that is source of the problem. Get best-of-the-best open source to replace the legacy code. Get rid of the toxicity or it will infect the rest of the company.

5. Good Focus / Good Product

I worked at Cloud9 Analytics

Pros

Cloud9 solution for sales pipeline and forecast management works well Customers are happy

Cons

Urgency high in client facing roles, could be higher in non-client facing roles

Advice to Management

Good focus

RSS Feed </> Embed