CloudCrowd Reviews

Alex Edelstein
1 Rating

1. Good for clients, but sometimes really bad for workers

I have been working at CloudCrowd part-time

Pros

- Great for clients who need quality, inexpensive work, so when there's something to do, it's usually a repeat customer. - Pays the same day/night in most cases. - The pay is occasionally decent.

Cons

- ESL speakers from India flooded CloudCrowd to do categorization and similar projects. When those projects ran out, they paid native English speakers to edit their credentials tests so they could write. There are now ESL speakers randomly rejecting quality work and writing terrible articles that are a nightmare to edit. - The admins are either completely silent on upcoming work or make false promises. They frequently say they're uploading something "tonight" or "tomorrow" and several weeks will go by before the work is uploaded. While this seems to be an issue with the clients instead of the admins, the admins very rarely communicate with the workers to let them know when something will be available. - When there's a dry spell, working for CloudCrowd is stressful and frustrating. The admins don't always use the forums to let people know when something will be uploaded, so they will put up a small batch of the good articles at a random time. Unless you're on the platform and constantly checking throughout the day, you will miss out on work. Of course, even when the admins do let people know when something will be up, they are almost always several hours (or days) late, so you can't rely on that, either. - There are content reviewers who will reject work for asinine reasons. You can appeal these, but the appeals process can take a few weeks and the admins can be wrong as well.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open at all times and let people know when something will be uploaded a few hours ahead of time. If there's a delay, let us know. The lack of communication is going to be the end of the quality workers who can use other platforms that don't have this problem. Also, please ban the people who have cheated to get their credentials and produce terrible work. Editing these awful projects is a true nightmare.

2. CC went down the drain

Pros

The community - that's it.

Cons

Everything. CC is "merging" with CS, but it's not a merge. More like CS bought our clients and threw its workers a few rotten scraps. There is hardly any work, but the admins pretend like there will be. It's extremely frustrating. I've had it, I'm done. I will NOT work at CS unless they get their crap together - I did it in the past and will not do it again unless things really change there.

Advice to Management

Nothing to say.

3. Waste of time (Try it if you'd like but you will be disappointed)

I have been working at CloudCrowd part-time

Pros

Easy to get hired Paid quickly (If you can find any tasks) Variety of work types You can work from home

Cons

A lot of site errors Some tasks don't work properly Hard to find available tasks Credential tests can only be taken at certain times (this limits available tasks by a lot) very low pay

Advice to Management

Product attribute value does not work. For one of the items I actually tried every combination because I was told that despite following directions and answering everything exactly as it was presented, that it was still wrong. After trying every combination the site said they were all wrong.

5. I learned a great deal about running all aspects of a business operations.

Former Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

You can learn a lot and learn about distributed labor.

Cons

You will often work long hours.

Advice to Management

Put business processes into place and follow them.

6. Awesome

Current Contractor - Article Writer/Editor in Nairobi (Kenya)
    Current Contractor - Article Writer/Editor in Nairobi (Kenya)

I have been working at CloudCrowd as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to earn extra income

Cons

Available work is sometimes limited. Website errors are frequent

Advice to Management

Improve your website and add more jobs

7. Great!

Former Intern - Web Reviewer in Bayawan (Philippines)
    Former Intern - Web Reviewer in Bayawan (Philippines)

I worked at CloudCrowd as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It's easy and has good pay.

Cons

Sometimes they just run out of work

Advice to Management

Nothing really

RSS Feed </> Embed