Be The First To
100% of the CEO
I have been working at CloudCrowd part-time
Pros – - Great for clients who need quality, inexpensive work, so when there's something to do, it's usually a repeat customer.
- Pays the same day/night in most cases.
- The pay is occasionally decent.
Cons – - ESL speakers from India flooded CloudCrowd to do categorization and similar projects. When those projects ran out, they paid native English speakers to edit their credentials tests so they could write. There are now ESL speakers randomly rejecting quality work and writing terrible articles that are a nightmare to edit.
- The admins are either completely silent on upcoming work or make false promises. They frequently say they're uploading something "tonight" or "tomorrow" and several weeks will go by before the work is uploaded. While this seems to be an issue with the clients instead of the admins, the admins very rarely communicate with the workers to let them know when something will be available.
- When there's a dry spell, working for CloudCrowd is stressful and frustrating. The admins don't always use the forums to let people know when something will be uploaded, so they will put up a small batch of the good articles at a random time. Unless you're on the platform and constantly checking throughout the day, you will miss out on work. Of course, even when the admins do let people know when something will be up, they are almost always several hours (or days) late, so you can't rely on that, either.
- There are content reviewers who will reject work for asinine reasons. You can appeal these, but the appeals process can take a few weeks and the admins can be wrong as well.
Advice to Senior Management – Keep the lines of communication open at all times and let people know when something will be uploaded a few hours ahead of time. If there's a delay, let us know. The lack of communication is going to be the end of the quality workers who can use other platforms that don't have this problem. Also, please ban the people who have cheated to get their credentials and produce terrible work. Editing these awful projects is a true nightmare.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company
2013-08-21 22:46 PDT
I have been working at CloudCrowd
Pros – The community - that's it.
Cons – Everything. CC is "merging" with CS, but it's not a merge. More like CS bought our clients and threw its workers a few rotten scraps. There is hardly any work, but the admins pretend like there will be. It's extremely frustrating. I've had it, I'm done. I will NOT work at CS unless they get their crap together - I did it in the past and will not do it again unless things really change there.
Advice to Senior Management – Nothing to say.
2014-02-06 17:35 PST
I have been working at CloudCrowd part-time
Pros – Easy to get hired
Paid quickly (If you can find any tasks)
Variety of work types
You can work from home
Cons – A lot of site errors
Some tasks don't work properly
Hard to find available tasks
Credential tests can only be taken at certain times (this limits available tasks by a lot)
very low pay
Advice to Senior Management – Product attribute value does not work. For one of the items I actually tried every combination because I was told that despite following directions and answering everything exactly as it was presented, that it was still wrong. After trying every combination the site said they were all wrong.
2013-07-03 08:44 PDT
I worked at CloudCrowd
Pros – You can learn a lot and learn about distributed labor.
Cons – You will often work long hours.
Advice to Senior Management – Put business processes into place and follow them.
2011-03-01 21:05 PST
I have been working at CloudCrowd as a contractor for less than a year
Pros – I get to earn extra income
Cons – Available work is sometimes limited. Website errors are frequent
Advice to Senior Management – Improve your website and add more jobs
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
2013-06-28 08:47 PDT
I worked at CloudCrowd as an intern for less than a year
Pros – It's easy and has good pay.
Cons – Sometimes they just run out of work
Advice to Senior Management – Nothing really
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
2013-05-03 03:47 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –