Cloudmark

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hugh McCartney

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Market leading messaging security company

Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFantastic technology and customer support team. Great customer focus and highly knowledgeable and skilled team with a passion for beating the bad guys of the internet. Good vacation and healthcare benefits.

ConsMarket adoption of Cloudmark's mobile solutions to mobile operators has been slower than expected but company remains solid with it's traditional email protection business providing the revenue engine for developments and expansion into new markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure management are all on board with key initiatives and all driving in the same direction.

Smart, Funny Environment

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCloudmark fosters great relationships between their employees. All teams work together with no animosity. The leadership communicates effectively and enables their team members to reach their goals.

ConsThere isn't much room to move up.

Poor Management, Favoritism and Politics

Software Engineer In Test (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFree snacks, good commute (if you happen to live in SF0 but otherwise nothing else I can think of at the moment.

ConsVery bad management, longtime employees do little work, seemingly random firings (except euro workers who are protected by euro labor laws), management 'encourages' new ideas but fires those who innovate, politics and favoritism are rampant.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe board should get some new senior managers - soon!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run, don't walk

Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsNone I can think of

ConsLittle/no direction from management, closed to innovation while business in a downward spiral

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some new management

rudderless leadership with poor communication skills

Engineer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI can't think of one

ConsPoor communication skills on the part of secretive management combined with a frat boy culture, lack of resources and unclear direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlough off the crustiness of it all.

Everyone at Cloudmark is doing their best.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsEveryone at Cloudmark is competent to do their jobs. The core product of the company is an important service and the employees are proud to be involved.

ConsEveryone is bright and opinionated, so technical discussions can take a while to resolve. Sometimes things are made more complicated than they need to be. Methodical approaches are more appreciated than creative solutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter documentation of the company's knowledge assets needs to be required by everyone. More efficient and easier researched technical information system is required for the long-term survival of the company. The technical information of the company is often held in one or two people's heads and/or stored in random, badly linked and index "wiki" pages. When staff changes over there is a significant learning curve for anyone assuming the needed duties.

Cloudmark is the best company I have ever worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people and the fact that we do something that makes a difference. Since we're a start-up, it's really easy and fast to invoke positive change. Senior management is very accessible and are the type of people you would enjoy having a drink with.

ConsNot the type of benefits you would get from a larger company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell us more often about what is happening in the company (e.g.) financials, deals in the works, etc.

Worked for Cloudmark? Contribute to the Community!