Club Fit

Club Fit Reviews

Updated Jun 8, 2014

Beck, Bill

Former employee spent 17 years with Club Fit

numerous ranging from fitness to sports director (Former Employee)
    Jefferson Valley, NY

ProsTop of the line training at all levels of employment.
    Salary meets and sometimes exceeded industry average.
    Great staff. I made many friends working at both locations and still remain in contact with some.
    I keep my eye out for full time career postings with Club Fit to hopefully return one day.

ConsI always felt having 2 MODs on busy weekends was in order. Running the entire club alone during peak weekend times was a bit overwhelming.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing- it works!

Great Overall experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagement is highly approachable. Great team environment, and generally looks to develop employees willing to work.

ConsThere are no cons that come to mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage a bigger emphasis on fitness at point of sale, to build value around the membership.

Awful

ProsNothing good to say about Club Fit.

ConsNever even got the opportunity to work here. Went through the ENTIRE interview process and was told I would get a call in a few days. Needless to say it has been almost three weeks without a call. I find this extremely rude and disrespectful. In a way, I am very pleased to have not gotten the job if those are the classless people I would be working for and with.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Used to be a great place to work - just OK now

Briarcliff Manor, NY

ProsCan be a fun environment. The ownership group does respect family values and tries to make it a family-friendly place to work. The staff tends to be outgoing and has a genuine interest in the health and well-being of the club members.

ConsThe recent senior management changes have resulted in a decline in quality of service to members and employee satisfaction. The current senior management team seems to alternate between a philosophy of ignore or scare - cooperation amongst staff has diminished as fear of being fired has increased.
    Potential for growth is very limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employees need to know you recognize them and appreciate the efforts being put forward. Please do not walk by and ignore us or only speak to us when reprimanding.

Pleasent

Lifeguard (Former Employee)
    Jefferson Valley, NY

ProsGreat location for people working in the area, easy to get to, get to use the gym and other fitness equiptment

ConsThe pool is very hot and the chemicals are tough to deal with for a long period of time, scheduling is difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the amount of lifeguards staffed at a time and the break situation, it is too long to be in the pool area with the chemicals

Great place to work! Highly recomend!

ProsFun environment! Excellent working relationships! Advancement opportunities! Health related philosophy! Committed people! Club membership! Inspiring Mission! Overall great place to work!

ConsThere has been and increase of work demand and accountability of expectations. Understandably this is beneficial because the structure has improved. This has lead to some staff feeling more pressure to perform better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are! Those that understand the direction believe in the vision!

Good place to work- opportunities to advance

ProsGreat place to work, healthy environment, room to grow for people who work hard and are ambitious. Free membership with employment at an upscale gym. Great fellow staff members, fair and competent management.

ConsThe valuation of staff could use improvement in some cases.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to give accolades to those who deserve it and you will continue to have a loyal, positive staff team.

Could Be Fitter

ProsFree membership, some very nice members and staffers

ConsManagement sometimes has blinders on with regards to how they treat employees

Advice to Senior ManagementMembers aren't the only ones who should be appreciated; good employees should be valued too!

Worked for Club Fit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Club Fit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Club Fit CEO Beck, Bill. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Club Fit employees.