Club Libby Lu

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Mary Drolet

I love it, it is an awsome experience I work at Libby Lu/ Kidz style in Barefoot landing

Stylist (Current Employee)
    North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

Proswork with children making turning little girls in to princess watching their eyes light up and facial expressions are priceless

Consno problems working at Libby lu l love my job cant wait to to get to work every day. the only down side I can possibly think of is that economy has caused business to slow down drasticaly so hours ave been cut. late start to the season opening this year but nothing to do with libby directly.

I will miss you

Manager (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsIt was one of the most rewarding jobs I have ever worked.

ConsThe only con I can think of was that there were some company decisions that did not always lead the stores to be profitable.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore one on one training and feed back.

Fun place to "work"

Management (Former Employee)
    Knoxville, TN

ProsFun work environment. You get to have fun with little girls and make them feel special about themselves and getting to hang out with older girls. There's always something to be done so you stay pretty busy.

ConsNot adequate communication from corporate, and bigger stores get much more attention from corporate. CLL hires girls at the age of 16 so sometimes not all of your co-workers are reliable. Some will just decide not to come in bc they don't really need the job. they just have to have one because their parents are making them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up girls! As long as everyone is on the same page as to dedication to the business it will all run smoothly. I know other stores, the assistant manager has done the managers' job. Unless you are getting credit for it, (such as signing your name in emails to the DM or even requesting feedback from District managers on work you have done) don't do someone else's work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Long hours... not enough pay and underappreciated!!

Asst Manager (Former Employee)

ProsYou can have fun with children doing hairstyles and putting makeup on them. Since this store is hugely based on parties. Parties meaning...parents make appointments to come in and have a party for their daughter's birthday or just for the heck of it. It's a great feeling knowing you're helping this little girl feel like a princess for a day by making her day special and putting on a big party for her and her friends. It can also be quite fun because at the end of the makeover, there's a dance you teach the girls and you all dance to it at the front of the store with the music cranked up on full volume. It really brings out the kid in you even if you're a full grown adult. You gotta really love working with kids if you want to work here. Because it shows eventually if you're just faking it. Be real!!

ConsDon't get compensated for the hard work and dedication you put into the company. Especially the management team. Get taken advantage of. Store manager is lazy and acts like a child herself. Leaves all the work to her assistant. Who basically does everything, but doesn't get paid enough!! Stop taking off days and coming in late ALL the time. Save your personal drama for ya mama! NO BODY cares. They just pretend they do. Club counselors making minimum wage or a bit over. They deserve more even though they are high school students. But they do ALL the party work and that's how the store profits most of their money. There would be no Libby Lu if it weren't for these girls.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your job, it's what you get paid for. Employees respect a manager who's helpful, hardworking, and loyal and actually wants to help out with whatever it is the club counselors (part time employees) do too. Keep personal and work separate for co-workers to respect your position and authority.

Worked for Club Libby Lu? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Club Libby Lu reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Club Libby Lu CEO Mary Drolet. All reviews posted anonymously by Club Libby Lu employees.