Club Marketing Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dalton Lott

Former Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFor the most part this is a group of people who know the business, and have come from a variety of walks of life. If the other reviewers knew half of the grace that has been extended to some employees to help them get their life together they wouldn't have an unkind word to say. Yes...changes were made for regional representatives, but the company had NO control over those changes. They were based on legal mandates. The hour drive is what is set as the average commute by the government...so, if employees have an issue with this...take it up with the government. Most of those in charge genuinely care about their employees and their families.

ConsThey are in transition with leadership. Changes can be bumpy, but in this case they are for the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your field reps are unhappy, it's going to show up in the long run. I know they try to include them, and value them, but perhaps go the extra mile in explaining changes in the future.

Not Recommended

Field Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThis job really no longer has any pros. The "family values" and flexibility the company used to offer are long gone. Company has really lost it since department of labor investigation.

ConsUpper management has really gone nuts! The company's performance has suffered a lot since changes and management is looking for another reason for lacking performance other than the way they are now treating their employees. When you cut your employees pay and take away perks and benefits, you will get less productive employees as a result. Because production is way down they have begun to monitor the employees and are borderline stalking them during the day. Every minute has to be accounted for or they start asking questions. The morale of this company has been severely damaged. Also, if you need to insure a family it's going to cost you more than half your income. Health insurance is reasonable for the employees but for any one else in the family it's ridiculously expensive. This also speaks to their lack of "family values". I'm sure upper management has affordable plans for their families but they don't feel it's important for their employees' famlies to have affordable health coverage. This company is also extremely republican and hides behind their pretend "christian values." I would not recommend this company to anybody (employee or vendor) who is thinking about getting involved with them. They are also extremely disorganized and lacks communication. Random emails are sent throughout the week and things change minute to minute. Priorities and objectives are very unclear at times and crucial information is left out all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach.....literally. Start treating your employees better and repair the damage that has been done. When more than 1/3 of your company has left, it's you, not them that is the problem. Also, maybe consider adapting the concept of incorporating cost of living into employees salaries. It's not fair that employees living in the southern states where cost of living is extrememly low are making the same as employees living in big cities where cost of living is more than double. The employees living in big cities also have tougher markets. Unfortunately, southern hospitality doesn't exist in metropolitan areas and they have to deal with way more garbage throughout the day.

Falling apart

ProsAbsolutely nothing! I would advise potential employees and vendors to stay far away! This company has lost it's marbles!

ConsSince their department of labor investigation last December this company has lost it! Pay cuts happened, employees are forced to work more hours and management is very sneaky and dishonest about the way they are doing business. Overtime is mandatory and they try to convince you that they are willing paying you a "premium rate" for anything worked after 40 hrs. This is government mandated time and a half! Don't make it seem like you're doing your employees a favor by following the law. The sad things is, some employees have bought into this and think the company is doing this to be nice. This is just one of the ways Club Marketing is deceiving their employees. Well, some of us are a lot smarter than you think.

The morale of this company has also decline drastically! If you have a family, they don't want you! In the midst of dealing with my personal life, family life and health falling apart before my eyes, I was told that my personal problems are not their concern and that my missing work and lacking performance was affecting their bottom line. It gets better... I was then written up for missing a deadline by less than a day because I was dealing with a family tragedy. This company does want employees who sometimes have to put their families before work. Club Marketing should be added to the list of Top 10 Worst Family-Friendly Companies. Since changes were made in December, employees are not treated with any respect what so ever. Every minute of your day is monitored and your supervisor will stalk you to make sure you are doing your job. If you're going to treat your employees like children then hire some new high school graduates to do this job. This job is certainly no longer a good fit for someone with a college diploma. It doesn't even pay double minimum wage and you will be micro managed like a 15 year old working at McDonald's.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst of all, some manager's need a lesson in grammar. There - refers to a place. Their - refers to a person. Somebody in a senior management role should know these basics.

Second, stop pretending like you’re nice people then turn around and commit these malicious acts. Actions certainly speak louder than words. Don’t tell your employees you’re a Christian company with family values and then go back and tell them that their personal and family lives are none of your concern. If you really are as religious as you say you are, I don’t know how you to go into church every Sunday and face your pastor knowing how horribly you treat other people the rest of the week. It is a basic Christian concept that you should treat EVERYONE with dignity and respect and you have to strip every ounce of dignity from an employee who barely has anything left to begin with. You’ve really found a great new way to “kick ‘em while they’re down.” For all you devout Christian out there at Club Marketing I just have one last thing to say: “And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[f] you did it to me.” Matthew 25:40

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extremely dissapointing!

Peon (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsAmeristar in St Louis, Hard Rock in Tulsa, Taco surprise, sporting the Sammy Woo
    Working alone in your own territory. Mileage reimbursement is decent. Free Iphone, laptop, and printer. Working from home.

ConsOnce a salaried position. Salaries were cut and now is hourly w a cut in pay. The 1st hour of commute and the last is unpaid. (No one cares if it's in compliance) this is borderline theft! Requires 4,000 miles of driving per month. I ruined 2 vehicles.The cut in pay was combined w a bi-weekly pay schedule from a twice a month pay schedule. Most employees lost $400/ month or more. 12 hrs from your home pays you 10.5 hrs, then you need to log 30 min on computer. Ridiculous hours for a barely above poverty hourly rate. Management is clueless about ever changing standards. Email "HR" is always the answer. DVC's change w the wind. No standard whatsoever. Each Region seems to play by different rules. this was once okay. Turned out to be the most horrifying job i've ever worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting each other. No one cares. That is incidental to what matters to your customers. DVC's don't matter, sales #'s do. Employees only chase DVC's instead of doing whatever it takes to increase sales. Nepotism without merit is just stupidity. You have a huge morale problem in the field. If you don't fix it, your business will fail. How about interviewing for promotion positions? You designate people, and don't know what you have?????

Pretty good place to work.

FSM (Current Employee)

ProsAlthough I am not a fan of the changes implemented in Dec.2012, still a good place to work. After speaking with employees of other merchandising companies, Club Marketing is at least as good as other companies.

ConsLots of traveling ( ok with me, I knew that going in) but the car allowance needs to be increased. People who travel very little are paid the same as people who travel 4000 miles plus a month. When traveling, the first and last hours of the day are not paid. This means working 10 hours a day to be paid for 8.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate car allowance and start / finish time. One hour each way is just too much, 20 minutes would be fair.

Field Sales Manager

Bentonville, AR

ProsNothing since changes were made

ConsThis company is has made a lot of mistakes recently. They are treating their employees very poorly and the turn over since December has been huge. The future of this company is extremely questionable. I am not sure they will be able to recover from poor recent decision making. Also, 90% of upper management are men. Out of 12 regional managers, only 1 is a women. This company discriminates against women in a huge way!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees well and reverse pay cuts. You are losing all your good people because you have taken away everything that was good about this job. Also, women should be give equal opportunity. It's the law! Promote more women or at least give them the chance to to be promoted instead of hand choosing who you like and only offering promotions to them.

The future is questionable...

Cheboygan, MI

ProsThe Pros; (flexibility, family atmosphere and autonomy) are a thing of the past. The company does provides a cell phone but it is merely a tool to track your location and monitor your activity.

ConsSeemingly, competition and attrition has forced this company to make some poor "top-down," decsions. Q1 2013 has been less than stellar as major accounts have hemorrhaged, a re-organization of employee pay (less), employee hours per week (more), work volume (more) and morale (eroded) have occured. Long term, I envision low pay, part-time workers with zero benefits. This was once a solid entry level job for someone who required some flexibility for family, school or needed a supplementary household income.

Advice to Senior ManagementLong term advice would be to turnover full-time workforce, cut benefits, shrink territories, curtail nepotism, improve training/ staff development, diversify retailers called upon, return to profitability, sell the company.

Starting To Go Downhill

Field Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsEntry level start for merchandising
    Bonuses

ConsNo pay increase in 2 years
    Little opportunity to advance
    Car allowance sucks
    Upper management puts unrealistic goals towards employees
    Nepotism
    Health Insurance VERY expensive

If you like being treated by a company like a doormat, this job is for you!

Bentonville, AR

ProsZero, its not a great place to work!

ConsWhat used to be a very good salaried, flexible, awesome entry-level sales and merchandising job, Has now become a cesspool of slave wages. Everyone's salary was cut. Hourly rate is based off of 42 hours a week, and you have to drive up to two hours a day as your commute, on your own dime, yes unpaid! The Expectations of sales numbers is ridiculous! You will drive about 4000 miles per month, but only get paid for 1500 miles per month. Run as fast as you can! Upper management has lost it's mind, and the ones who have been promoted into upper management, completely forgot where they came from. If you want benefits for a family, it will cost you more than $1300 a month in which is more than half of the money you will bring in.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real! You call yourself a Christian company, but yet you steal from your employees!!

Not A Good Long Term Job

FSM (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThey are now salary there are no pro's you basically work 10.5 hours for 8 hrs of pay

ConsLots since Dec. they are hourly and 1 hour drive to and from work do not count. They micro manage employess you only get 2 hrs of overtime and that is unrealistic with what is required. The miles you put on your car be prepared it's 2 years max (50K+) average. They give car allowence but it is based off 1,500 miles that's a joke. Insurance is horrible very expensive for family coverage. There is no flexability in shedules and if you live where it snows be prepared to take PTO to make up your hours.
    They were recently reviewed by Labor Board. There are a few spiffs but taxes take 40% off those be prepared.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat ever you decided was fair to the people who built your company was all in your favor. Try paying your bills on 200 plus dollars a month short only to be told you will get more money on 5 week months you should have saved the money on the free suits. Told us to save xmas bonus to get us thru the next few months because for 2 months we would be short over 400 most of the company works paycheck to paycheck and beng Christian they should have been honest.

Worked for Club Marketing Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Club Marketing Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Club Marketing Services CEO Dalton Lott. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Club Marketing Services employees.