Club Quarters Reviews

1. Laid back environment

Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Club Quarters

Pros

great employees, empowers managers to make decisions

Cons

old systems and not up to date with technology

change work style to adjust with the current trends

2. A lot of hard work

I worked at Club Quarters full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You are able to learn a lot. You will not get bored because there is many different things to do.

Cons

You are expected to do every thing because they have a very limited staff. Also because of the limited number of locations the career opportunities are not there, But they are growing. I did not like when the new CEO was hired that he got rid of a lot of good people.

I felt used and unappreciated for the time that I spent there.

America' Worst Company to work for. Revolving door, huge turnover! Hostile environment and no Morale,!

I have been working at Club Quarters full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Paycheck. Club Quarters have One manager with a business family approach. Taking a family approach means establishing a foundation of trust and a cultural promise to unite as one, to perform with the purpose and the healthier whole in mind. In the end, it's about leadership and the ability to manage the moving parts and sustain momentum. Take note
    1. Give your team a sense of ownership - Too many times, leaders demand that their employees just "do" what the say - and thus don't give them a sense of belonging to a team.
    2. Everyone must protect one another - Lead with kindness and intention. Treat your employees like family,

Cons

Disillusionment with management decision and a dysfunctional culture that values making money over unhappy employees. Rude and inconsiderate management, poor training - and general mistreatment of employees.

Management can improve employee satisfaction or continue to make workers miserable. Issues with middle management are universal among the employees, but the types of complaints varied. Employees felt they were micromanaged, treated unfairly or asked to meet extreme demands.

Number of employees "coming and going" as part of the company's normal operations.
    A lack of recognition for a job well done. Focus on growth expectations over "Team Morale" Created A "Hostile Work Environment".

Worst company to work for, horrible. Management has no soft skills, none.

Strongly recommend conducting an internal employee survey for the first time, asking each of the employees, "How is our team working,"

Upper management is out of touch, citing changes and waste time. "Upper Management has little field experience and lots of MBA's that tell you the impossible is possible.

Compensation has turned into a big joke. You must perform in all metrics (Lap Top, Batteries, Cell Phone, and on vacation, etc.) to get any sort of bonus. "You work all day all night, Your day starts from 7:30 AM till 6 PM or 10 PM You work weekends (Oh yes, the company monitor your computer to make sure you are working). "It is no surprise that employees are unhappy with management, citing no overtime but they want you to work for free with unlimited resources and staff.

5. Transition

I worked at Club Quarters

Pros

the employees and the providing great guest service

Cons

outdated style it is 2014

Good people to work with, but not fun.

I worked at Club Quarters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well managed. Good business concept. You do not get a corporate environment feel which is refreshing. It's easy to access a higher level management.

Cons

There is a lot of pressure though and can be frustrating at work. Management is not appreciate hard working employees. heath care sucked and if you have an emergency, they treated you like garbage when you come back to work.

One of the worst companies I have ever worked for ... and I'm being gentle.

Former Employee - Senior Management Team in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Senior Management Team in Stamford, CT

I worked at Club Quarters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is literally only one upside to working at Club Quarters, getting a paycheck, and working with the production staff. That's it. Outside of that, there are no other upsides.

Cons

Basically there is one overlying problem ... senior management/the executive staff. They have a very 'British/European' way of looking at their staff. You're over there, and we're over here. They're royalty, and you are not. They make that apparent in every, single breath they take. You are the scum of the earth, we are the all-knowing leaders that you can only imagine to aspire too.

During my work experience over the last 10+ years, I have never worked with such narrow-minded, self serving, egomaniac's, in my entire life. And honestly, that's putting it mildly, I'm actually being kind. These people ... do ... not ... care about their staff, AT ALL. Let me say that again, they do not care about the happiness or progression of their staff, AT ALL. If you don't mind being ignored, constantly talked over, told you know nothing compared to what they know (and they will tell you that to your face), be verbally beaten up and sworn at by their CEO (literally), make you work for your bonus in such a way that is almost dehumanizing - only to have them give you barely 40% of your sweat, be told that just because it snows 3 feet and there are 80 mph winds throwing shards of ice through the air - that you STILL have to come in to work no matter what (no excuse is good enough), if you like being treated like anything BUT a professional, if you like this type of treatment, Club Quarters is the place for you! If you like being treated in an unprofessional manner, 8 hours a day 5 to 6 days a week, apply, accept the offer and join the line of people desperate to find other jobs.

I guarantee you, within 3 months of working for Club Quarters, you'll be looking for another job and also wondering why in the heck you took the job to begin with. Their health insurance coverage is horrible, their pay - mediocre, work lifestyle non-existent (you do what they say and shut up). The only distinctive quality they have, is they don't believe in laying people off. Sounds like a good policy, right? No, they don't believe in doing that. What they do believe in doing, is treating you like a child, belittling you, basically they treat you like such garbage, that you will do ANYTHING to get out of their. Their turn-over rate for employee's is the highest I've seen in any other company I've worked for, specifically for senior managers.

Listen, I'm just being honest because it's THAT bad. I'm not trying to dissuade you from working there, it's your decision. If you just need a paycheck and don't care how you're treated, it's a pretty secure job because it's the hospitality industry, which is relatively secure. People travel and need a place to stay. But if you're a career professional in any sense of the word, and you care about your resume and the professional contacts you make, this is NOT the place for you. Having this on your resume will not help you. Club Quarters is basically the bottom of the barrel.

Now, with that said, I say that with a heavy heart, because the people that created the company are fantastic! Their intentions when creating the company was to create a professional hotel industry, niche to the market. Ralph Bahna, one of the founders of the company who recently passed away, who at times was challenging to work with I've been told, still had a professionalism about him towards his employee's that was the essence of that industry, hospitality. Which with the way the company is running currently, is the exact opposite to what you'd think a hospitality company should run like. You'd believe that the company would want to emulate the arena the company supports. This may be true for some other hospitality companies ... but not Club Quarters.

My advice ... if you care about your career, if you care about how you're treated, ... find another company to devote your time too. Pretty much anything else would be more gratifying.

Advice to Management ... good Lord, where do I begin.

My advice to management would be, the same thing many people say about other managers in general, really. But at the end of the day, it's not worth even suggesting those common pitfalls. Do you know why it's not worth giving any advice to Club Quarters managers (specifically the senior managers, which make the decisions)? Because you have to actually CARE about people in general, which the senior executive staff at Club Quarters, absolutely does not. They think they're connecting with their employee's, just because they tell a few jokes in their so called 'Town Hall Meetings'. But no one says a word in those meetings, because they know what will happen.

Club Quarters is one of the only companies I've worked for, that will humiliate you in front of other employees. I actually believe they get off on it! They will embarrass you, degrade you, basically treat you like absolute garbage directly in front of other employees, and not give one care in the world about it.

So ... what do you say to people that don't care about anything you have to suggest to them? What can you say?

Now, this actually is a perfect example, because you know how a Club Quarters executive would respond to this? They would say that my comment was not productive. They wouldn't look at themselves and actually hear the criticism. They would immediately redirect it back to you. They'd immediately say that I'm the one with the issue. And yes, I guess I do have an issue. My issue is I don't like being made to look a fool in front of my fellow colleagues.

Being a senior manager myself, having managed several departments in my career thus far, I've had nothing but accolades from past employees and management staff I've worked with. I say that, because I believe that's the marker for a great manager, the comments from their employees. You have to actually listen to your employees, and then adjust! DO your actual job, and MANAGE! By being a manager, especially a senior manager, you're a leader. DO THAT! LEAD! I think you'll find that with doing that, with good leadership, that effort creates followers. Not at Club Quarters. There, the executive staff basically believe that they can walk on water. And they can ... because you're the water.

Too much overbooking and at times personnel not notified of the arrival of a VIP guest.

I worked at Club Quarters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I did receive a week before employee of the month. Suggestions would be heard.

Cons

Never taught higher up positions. Exposed an employee for higher positions, knowledge.
    Supervisors will not listen to the explanations that incurred in a complaint and why it was impossible to correct promptly.

Value employees much more. Employees are dismissed because it is totally impossible to please a VIP guest complaint at one a.m.

Unsupportive place to work

Former Employee - Guest Service Manager
    Former Employee - Guest Service Manager

I worked at Club Quarters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free rooms, low friends & family rate.

Cons

Senior management was intimidated or unsure about how to get results without relying on negative reinforcement. Missing key management skills and lacks leadership skills necessary to do the job.

Hire management that is professional and strong.

Terrible management and greedy culture

Current Employee - Guest Service Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Guest Service Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Club Quarters full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is excellent
    There are some really great people working at the properties

Cons

Senior management plays favorites and has no backbone whatsoever
    Some employees are absolutely incompetent but manage to fly under the radar
    Exactly 0 opportunity for advancement
    You have to fight tooth and nail to get management to make even the slightest concessions
    Again, a lot of deadweight sitting around in this company drags down performance
    Comical overbooking results in nights where you must walk anywhere from 5-10 guests - this happens AT LEAST twice a month in the slow season!!!
    Job is advertised as 'management' but you do not supervise anyone. And you have less authority than a line-level agent at any other hotel!!!

Grow a spine, trust your employees more and hold people accountable for their actions. Poor leadership has bred an environment of laziness and carelessness. There are no consequences for poor performance - certain employees intentionally do not do their jobs and are never reprimanded.
    Restructuring at the property level will help motivate employees and allow room for advancement

Change is a good thing.

Former Employee - Guest Service Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Guest Service Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Club Quarters full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great entry-level experience and good for learning opportunities with wonderful line-level staff.

Cons

Senior management completely disconnected from the challenges of actuall staff. Hotel managers don't seem to properly convey this information to senior management so it always seems like it's the staff that is not up to par.

Invest in an HR team.