Club Z! Tutoring

Mark Lucas

Professional and Efficient

Current Employee - At-home Tutor  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - At-home Tutor in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Club Z! Tutoring as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed not being hounded by supervisors. If you complete your timesheets, progress reports, and other documentation timely, you truly feel like your own boss. You also get to make your own hours with the parents.

Cons

No guaranteed minimum number of hours. Some weeks can only be 5hrs a week! Great for supplemental income, but definitely not a 9-5 career job.

Offer more hours!

I got good experience. Different charters /families ,but the same purpose is children are cute and they wanted to learn.

Current Employee - Representative/Tutor  in  Union City, CA
    Current Employee - Representative/Tutor in Union City, CA

I have been working at Club Z! Tutoring part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love to work with the children and teaching is my family legacy. The parents are so much hope on their children to get better I would like to fulfill their wish. . The coordinator I worked with was very helpful with my teaching requirements.

Cons

The pay wasn't no great. But I am happy to do this job. I would considered if I can save my driving time I will do more time in tutoring. Hoping get my tutoring area is a within 10 miles radius from my house next year .

Thanks for provide the teaching material in time. But please let me know the tutoring hours per student exactly before
    starting the lesson.

ClubZ! Tutoring

I worked at Club Z! Tutoring part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule; pay is pretty good (well above minimum wage); work independently to perform duties and tasks.

Cons

Sometimes there isn't as much work as you would like (workable hours are limited due to clients' schedules).

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a good experience. Great students/families who wanted to learn and get better.

Former Employee - Tutor
    Former Employee - Tutor

I worked at Club Z! Tutoring part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good students, understanding and helpful parents. The coordinator I worked with was very understanding and flexible with my time requirements, and was always available to talk about things when I needed it.

Cons

The pay wasn't great, but for tutoring it was probably around par. I wish I would have considered how much driving time I had to factor in - some days I spent as much time driving as I did actually tutoring, which made me feel that I was losing money on the job.

Great Part Time Job

Current Employee - Tutor  in  Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Tutor in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Club Z! Tutoring part-time for less than a year

Pros

You're able to create your own schedule. Can work weekends if you like or just Monday - Friday. Pay is great 20 an hour, most than most jobs.

Cons

Only 4 hours per week. Even though its 20 an hour with only 4 hours a week its not enough, so this would be a great second job if you have time to spare 2 hours a day for a total of 4 hours a week

Great job.

disorganized

I worked at Club Z! Tutoring

Pros

Nothing good to say about the company.

Cons

Thew person with the franchise was very unethical

Fine to work for, Poor Communication

Former Employee - Teacher/Tutor  in  Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Teacher/Tutor in Loveland, CO

I worked at Club Z! Tutoring part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great on flexibility and leaving you free to do the job as you see fit. Loved the hands-off approach. Pay is fairly good on an hourly level. Paperwork requirements are very manageable.

Cons

Basically no community among tutors. Rarely contacted with advice or updates. In my case, the contract I was working on had a strict termination date which I wasn't informed of until shortly before it came up, leaving me (and several students) in a poor situation. Pay (which I mentioned was fine) doesn't take into account any activity outside of meetings (such as lesson planning, which consumed a fair bit of time, this may be common practice though).

A good company for low-key, part-time teaching work

Former Employee - Tutor  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Tutor in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Club Z! Tutoring as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

My supervisor at Club Z of Brooklyn was great. So friendly and professional - she really put effort into cutting down commute times for me. Also, Club Z does a wonderful job building initial profiles of students, so that when you do go to meet them for the first time you have as much information as possible.

Cons

Some of the challenges in maintaining this job are the limited number of hours and availability for work. It's great if you want something part-time in late afternoons, but good luck getting more than 5 hours a week. The pay is at a reasonable scale, but they do not pay for prep time, commute time, or anything like that.

I would definitely say that compensating tutors for preparation time and commute time, even if it is at a lower rate than lesson time, would boot retention rates for tutors.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Mathematics Tutor
    Current Employee - Mathematics Tutor

I have been working at Club Z! Tutoring part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Schedule, great managers always looking for clients for you to tutor.

Cons

Don't really have much to say here, I enjoyed working here a lot.

Horrible

I have been working at Club Z! Tutoring

Pros

Nothing. Horrible Tutoring Company

Cons

Their Tampa, Florida office is filled with idiots. They coax you into believing that they will have tutoring positions, and then once you spend out of your own pocket for fingerprinting, you don't hear from them. Go with another tutoring company. Not worth the hassle

Fire Nadia Valdez. She is incompetent.

Worked for Club Z! Tutoring? Contribute to the Community!