Club Z! Tutoring

Club Z! Tutoring Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

I got good experience. Different charters /families ,but the same purpose is children are cute and they wanted to learn.

Representative/Tutor (Current Employee) Union City, CA

ProsI love to work with the children and teaching is my family legacy. The parents are so much hope on their children to get better I would like to fulfill their wish. . The coordinator I worked with was very helpful with my teaching requirements.

ConsThe pay wasn't no great. But I am happy to do this job. I would considered if I can save my driving time I will do more time in tutoring. Hoping get my tutoring area is a within 10 miles radius from my house next year .

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for provide the teaching material in time. But please let me know the tutoring hours per student exactly before
    starting the lesson.

It was a good experience. Great students/families who wanted to learn and get better.

Tutor (Former Employee)

ProsGood students, understanding and helpful parents. The coordinator I worked with was very understanding and flexible with my time requirements, and was always available to talk about things when I needed it.

ConsThe pay wasn't great, but for tutoring it was probably around par. I wish I would have considered how much driving time I had to factor in - some days I spent as much time driving as I did actually tutoring, which made me feel that I was losing money on the job.

Great Part Time Job

Tutor (Current Employee) Riverside, CA

ProsYou're able to create your own schedule. Can work weekends if you like or just Monday - Friday. Pay is great 20 an hour, most than most jobs.

ConsOnly 4 hours per week. Even though its 20 an hour with only 4 hours a week its not enough, so this would be a great second job if you have time to spare 2 hours a day for a total of 4 hours a week

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

disorganized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNothing good to say about the company.

ConsThew person with the franchise was very unethical

Fine to work for, Poor Communication

Teacher/Tutor (Former Employee) Loveland, CO

ProsGreat on flexibility and leaving you free to do the job as you see fit. Loved the hands-off approach. Pay is fairly good on an hourly level. Paperwork requirements are very manageable.

ConsBasically no community among tutors. Rarely contacted with advice or updates. In my case, the contract I was working on had a strict termination date which I wasn't informed of until shortly before it came up, leaving me (and several students) in a poor situation. Pay (which I mentioned was fine) doesn't take into account any activity outside of meetings (such as lesson planning, which consumed a fair bit of time, this may be common practice though).

A good company for low-key, part-time teaching work

Tutor (Former Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsMy supervisor at Club Z of Brooklyn was great. So friendly and professional - she really put effort into cutting down commute times for me. Also, Club Z does a wonderful job building initial profiles of students, so that when you do go to meet them for the first time you have as much information as possible.

ConsSome of the challenges in maintaining this job are the limited number of hours and availability for work. It's great if you want something part-time in late afternoons, but good luck getting more than 5 hours a week. The pay is at a reasonable scale, but they do not pay for prep time, commute time, or anything like that.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would definitely say that compensating tutors for preparation time and commute time, even if it is at a lower rate than lesson time, would boot retention rates for tutors.

Great place to work

Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible Schedule, great managers always looking for clients for you to tutor.

ConsDon't really have much to say here, I enjoyed working here a lot.

Horrible

ProsNothing. Horrible Tutoring Company

ConsTheir Tampa, Florida office is filled with idiots. They coax you into believing that they will have tutoring positions, and then once you spend out of your own pocket for fingerprinting, you don't hear from them. Go with another tutoring company. Not worth the hassle

Advice to Senior ManagementFire Nadia Valdez. She is incompetent.

Tutor (mostly No Child Left Behind K-8 kids below grade levels in Math and Language Arts)

Tutor (Former Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsFlexibility; was able to negotiate slightly higher pay due to graduate degree. Upfront about the number of hours available. Overall, decent pay while you look for something else.

Conshaving to use / buy supplies on my own; also having to front the costs of TB shot and fingerprint scans.

An excellent, flexible, part-time position for those who enjoy one-on-one teaching.

Tutor (Current Employee) Idaho Falls, ID

ProsPay is based on the level of courses the tutor is capable of teaching. Tutors are able to choose the best times that work for them.

ConsNot all students want to be tutored, at times they will try your patience. Occasionally students will not be home for a scheduled appointment.

Worked for Club Z! Tutoring? Contribute to the Community!