ClubCorp

Be The First To
Add Photos

ClubCorp President and CEO Eric L. Affeldt

Eric L. Affeldt

Pros:
  • "Nice to be able to take yoga from one of the Country Clubs"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Was able to play free golf on world class courses"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Low pay, horrible expensive benefits, no incentives, no raises, no support"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Low pay, no bonuses, always watching every little expense"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Loyal to hard working EPs

ProsThe people, beauty of the properties, incentives if all sales plans are made.

ConsNot necessiarly a con, but the role and responsibility of a PED is to sell. Know that you are entering a sales environement not just "planning parties".

Disappointing!

Food and Beverage (Current Employee)

ProsGetting to know the members

ConsHorrible upper management, only concerned with their bonus.....preach that our members are our sole focus, hahaha.....even they know that's not true. If you're looking for experience, this company will offer that, but for long term employment/ advancement, stay away!

Manager, Back of House

Executive Chef (Current Employee)

ProsGood systems and resources. Becoming more food oriented and many opportunities for creativity. Opportunities for growth.

ConsAlways "more with less" philosophy.
    Poor benefits package.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time at club level.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An Educational & Rewarding Experience.

Jackson, MS

ProsThis was actually my first real job. I learned a lot about foods, wines, liquors & etiquette. Met some very interesting people, both Members & Employee Partners who will forever be family. An experience that I would not change for anything. A wonderful place to have worked. "You don't miss your water until your well runs dry". I loved this Club & all that went along with it.

ConsCorporate greed. Dropping the initiation deposit was probably the worst change that the company did. It took the exclusiveness away from the Clubs. It was apparent to most Members that it was now about quantity & not quality as in affordability. Allow Club Managers to be more active in creating a realistic budget for their Club.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your people more by listening to their comments & following up with changes that are sensible
    and recognizing those that make cost saving ideas with bonuses.

Members are number one, not their employees.

Private Events Director (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are a member of the Club you're in a great place because they are treated like royalty. The company gave me a starting place right after graduating college and I gained skills that are useful in the workplace (however, none that exceed my private education). There are also plenty of Clubs to transfer to if you wish to advance your career with this company.

ConsThere is no such thing as work-life balance with this company, it simply does not exist. As a salaried department head you are expected to give the world with little monetary return, or even appreciation for that matter. The severe lack of communication between department heads, unrealistic expectations regarding the work you are expected to complete on a daily and weekly basis, and overall negative work environment significantly diminishes office moral and the desire to produce the results they seek. Not to mention half of your clients are the members themselves, which is great if you connect with them. However, most are petty, demanding, unappreciative, and expect you to worship the ground they walk on simply because they pay dues to walk in the door.

The benefits are terrible, the company has a 401k plan, however they do not match. The health insurance is costly, the coverage is mediocre, and the waiting period for benefits is longer than most companies. At the end of the day everything comes down to sales, members and money in their eyes, and it will never change.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to manage the expectations you have for your directors and consider the experience, management style, and leadership capacity (if any) that your supervisors have. Take care of your employees better and you might have less turnover.

I worked there 9 years and was happiest when I left and I was considered management.

Am Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsWhen I started, it was a family owned business but then KSL Resorts bought it and it was all down hill from then on. I learned about business clubs, dealing with members, payroll, dealing with management, and dealing with the staff. I worked with some very hard working and dedicated people and for a company that just did not care about it's employees.

ConsThe pay here was barely above minimum wage, had to pay for your food and your parking, they did not give raises, and you had to work many parties for free. They would take part of employee tips from the tip pool, which is illegal, but if you did not like it, you could leave. I would recommend this company only to my worst enemy.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't keep good people with such a lousy attitude towards the workers who provide excellent service for your members. Without the members, you have no club.

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEnvironment, being able to use the facilities while off work

Conspoor communication, great place for a college student to work

Corporate golf that resembles government organization and thinking.

Outside Services (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe network of members is outstanding.
    In spite of a flawed product, they continue to care, support, and try to improve
    the club.

ConsVague goals.
    Low pay, with an attitude of "if you don't like it, you can leave".
    Not much desire to hire the best. Mostly, hire someone who will not over shine leadership, as
    there is ZERO job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a golf management company, understanding the game, and why your members
    play the game should be better.
    Cost of membership vs dollar value needs to improve.
    One size fits all mentality, leaves clubs that are outside the mold in chaos.

Only If You are a Sucker For Punishment.... WORST COMPANY EVER!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree Golf..... IF you can ever find time. You will spend your every waking moment slaving away for these jerks

The Members are the BEST PART..... they actually treat you better than management.

You will learn a lot here...... how to conform to submissive slavery.... unless your smart enough to stand up for yourself.

ConsFirst of All.... I am so glad there is finally a website that helps employees anonymously Expose the horrible treatment that goes on with companies like this. You can never find fair recourse from such treatment without fear of being prevented to ever work again.

* "Regional Managers" or anything above a Supervisor Level employee posting praising reviews on here.... is total BS!

* Scare tactics and "managing by fear" is the norm with this company. They do NOT treat employees with respect and because of that they have lost a lot of good people over the recent years.

* Terrible / Expensive Benefits.

* If the economy begins to tank again.... you better be looking for new employment.... and fast!

* Zero Loyalty to those who helped the company make all that revenue off their long hours at work and talents. They throw up a good smoke screen with the members to make themselves look like they care about the employees.... don't be fooled.

My suggestion to anyone working for these people... get out before it's to late! If you don't like it there.... take their advice and leave. The sooner you do, the better off you will be.

As the old saying goes.... "The beatings will continue until employee morale improves."

Advice to Senior ManagementLook in the mirror and find some integrity. The reviews on here should tell you something.

There are many... and they are TRUE! Drop That in Your Star Card Box!

Could be a great Place to work!

Server (Current Employee)
    Stockbridge, GA

ProsMy pay is decent for my first and only job; I am good at my job and since day one I have multi tasked in every department of Food & Beverage from working at the pool/cook, etc, to administrative work, to banquet server, to lounge server and more. My customer's LOVE ME! unfortunately I do not receive my gratuity only hourly pay. I would like to grow with the company; but I've been working for 2 plus yrs and I have never been to an orientation. So what/where are my benefits?

ConsI have seen too many new GM's, Exec. Chef's and Server's flow thru here. The regular customers which I have gotten to know pretty well always have the same complaints. Kitchen is too slow! Well I guess so with all the turnover! Now I may be young but I'm smart enough to know when you have turnover you have chaos! I was hired as a part-time employee but I work 40 hr weeks and deserve my benefits! especially vacation time.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue?

Worked for ClubCorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ClubCorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ClubCorp CEO Eric L. Affeldt. All 77 reviews posted anonymously by ClubCorp employees.