ClubCorp Reviews

Reset
2.3
ClubCorp President and CEO Eric L. Affeldt
Eric L. Affeldt

Pros
  • Free golf in the off season ( so basically, in the middle of summer) (in 7 reviews)

• Large Network of Clubs, Great Structure - Corporate Support System (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, with an attitude of "if you don't like it, you can leave" (in 6 reviews)

• Members are not important ot upper management and they do not have a good concept for what a country club should be (in 6 reviews)

1. Department head

Current Employee - Department Head in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Department Head in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ClubCorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free golf but never have time to play. A few employees. I consider friends.

Cons

Low pay. With no raises ever! No appreciation for hard work. Drama, favoritism that allows non productive employees do what they want. They steal from the company. While they try to get you fired because you know what they are doing. Not holding people accountable for their negligence or not doing their job.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the people that you have been told repeatedly that steal, come and go as they please and feed alcohol to minors on the job. As well as department heads making abscene comments to young female employees at the club. Show appreciation to the dedicated employees. That want the club to thrive and make a grow . Stop the favoritism and notice what the people you don't see making a difference. And random drug screens so you can get rid of the trash!

2. Country club bartender

Pros

My particular location has always worked very well with my schedule, but that has everything to do with my direct management and nothing to do with corporate.

Cons

They have slashed all of our pay by more than half to keep their "button line" anywhere close to good. Constantly making promise about promotions and raises they have never once kept.

AWFUL company and AWFUL management with AWFUL pay and benefits

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Sharpsburg, GA
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Sharpsburg, GA

I worked at ClubCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There Literally are No pros to working for ClubCorp. If you worked for Sequoia Golf before ClubCorp took over then you know you work with good people. Sequoia knew what they were doing when they hired people. They made sure everyone was a good fit which meant that Sequoia was more of a family until ClubCorp took over.

Cons

Benefits and pay suck! No 401k matching. No raises. No chance of advancement. Once ClubCorp took over, the ship sank just like the Titanic. "A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it, causing the best employees to flee and the remainder to lose all motivation".

Advice to Management

Take notice of the employees, pay them enough to live, recognize those that work hard and continue to take on more job responsibilities willingly and without complaint. Give raises, don't make Sequoia employees feel like the bottom of the barrel or step kids. Sequoia was far more advanced and capable before ClubCorp. Now that CC took over everything is going in reverse. Stop blowing employees off and stop procrastinating in your management responsibilities. You obviously did not think things through when buying Sequoia Golf and definitely bit off more than you can chew. Eliminate some of the worthless conference calls and just send an email. Sequoia employees have far more clubs to handle than ClubCorp and don't have time to waste on useless calls that can definitely be sent in an email. Also, I continue to differentiate between Club Corp and Sequoia because that is how the company differentiate's. We are not one company according to club Corp. Club Corp management is rude, nasty, condescending, and resentful of Sequoia employees

5. Member relations coordinator

Pros

good corporate support marketing etc

Cons

not getting paid for all the work I do

Advice to Management

Pay your employees at or above market value

Over Worked

Former Employee - Director of Food and Beverage in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Director of Food and Beverage in Tampa, FL

I worked at ClubCorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co workers, members, free golf

Cons

everything........There is really nothing I would like to say here. Your work and private life are not balanced. You can never make plans and your made to feel bad when you do take off.

Advice to Management

employees and members first!!!!! Stop being all about the mighty dollar!!!!

Avoid this company like the plague

Former Employee - Food and Beverage
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage

I worked at ClubCorp part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great teammates. Wonderful members who truly enjoy a great club experience. Free golf on Mondays when the club is closed.

Cons

Working 7 days a week for low pay. Company uses tip share system where the member service fee is split between the company and the employees. ClubCorp actually KEEPS part of the service charge! Members think they are tipping you for your service, but they are not! You are giving ClubCorp extra money! Horrible benefits Bad senior management . Run.... don't walk.... run away from ClubCorp

Advice to Management

Work a day in our shoes, and live off what you pay us and you will understand why we are leaving in droves.

8. Good company

Former Employee - Concierge in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Concierge in San Jose, CA

I worked at ClubCorp (More than a year)

Pros

good pay and friendly coworkers

Cons

management had some minor issues

Private Club

I have been working at ClubCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, slower than working in a for profit setting

Cons

Low pay, terrible upper management

Corporate bureaucracy at its finest...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at ClubCorp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice, updated country club atmosphere, a few nice/empathetic members, great employee partner meal/card plan

Cons

Ever since ClubCorp went PUBLIC, they are ONLY concerned with NONSENSICAL reporting and audits. Senior staff is ALWAYS under a microscope. The focus USED to be "members first". Very limited training~ "sink or swim" approach and condescending Home Office, all around. Pathetic raise system (a co-worker at my club FINALLY received a $1 increase after 15 years...), BlueCross/BlueShield medical is a JOKE..

Advice to Management

Stop the "yea yea yea"s/procrastination when it comes to important things getting completed NOW, make a job/position that is for 1 person~ not a 3 person job

Server

Former Employee - Server in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Plano, TX

I worked at ClubCorp part-time

Pros

$10 per hour wage plus tips that are split evenly between coworkers/ beautiful location by Willow bend mall in lower Plano area

Cons

Upon arriving for my first day, filling out forms and providing paperwork, I was already completely turned off to the company. Within minutes of entering their office I was introduced to a future co-worker who spoke freely to a manager in front of me about how "the cart girls at the other club are promiscuous" and gossiped about coworkers I hadn't even met yet. I tried to be understanding and assumed the co-worker might be a manager favorite and therefore allowed to get away with saying more than others. That was until other managers began speaking the same way. One employee spoke about another new hire saying she "may not make a good cook but she looked cheap" and another coworker asked if he'd even want her for free. I can't express my disbelief for the immaturity for a company. If you are a female who desires even decent respect, I urge you to look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Hire men who aren't sexist and women who don't condone that behavior.

RSS Feed </> Embed