ClubCorp

www.clubcorp.com
Profile Unclaimed

Take care of your employees and they will feel like partners. This is key to keeping members.

I have been working at ClubCorp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Networking and building friendships with members which leads to better opportunities.

Cons

Completely missing the boat on treatment of employees. You are made to feel like you are easily replaced with another warm body. Department heads, managers and regionals are only concerned with his or her bonus. You have to get a promotion to get a raise. No personal growth. Very expensive health insurance. Lean staffing most of the time. Disorganized.

Value your employees. Don't make "acquired" employees feel less than by offering bogus pay and unattainable incentives. Look at the culture that your General Managers and department heads are establishing in your clubs for employee "partners" because the partner vibe is not there. Look at the training and negativity that is in the clubs. You need a reality check on how to establish the feeling that employees are valued.

It paid the bills yet left little in terms of positive personal growth.

I have been working at ClubCorp

Pros

Working for a country club, you are introduced to several "higher-ups" in the surrounding cities and thus able to establish a networking foundation for other jobs - that is, if you are someone like me and serving/bartending as a side job.

Cons

Many country club members are also some of the most condescending elitists I've had the chance of serving. I can't even begin to count the number of times that members have patronized my station as there server, made me feel as small as a flea, or inappropriately cat-called me till I almost slapped them. But I guess that comes with the territory. The cherry on top is the management's mission to ensure their members receive double reward on every ill complaint, even at the expense of others' integrity.

Take This Job and Shove It ****Horrible Company****

Current Employee - Private Events Director
    Current Employee - Private Events Director

I have been working at ClubCorp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I am still searching for the "What's in it for me?" I guess the only thing I can say is that event sales is a fun type of sales, but that is more industry related than specific to ClubCorp. Other than that, it is providing me with a salary, although a menial one, for the tasks expected of me, while I search for another job.

Cons

Numbers Driven to the extreme and unrealistic expectations. Everything has a report. Even our reports have reports. You spend so much time doing paper work and reports you have hardly any time to actually sell and/or execute events which is unfortunate considering a large bulk of our compensation is commission. Salary is a joke and their commission is a smoke and mirrors game. They scammed me into signing a job offer and now that I see they weren't truthful regarding my compensation. They were deliberately deceitful which I have since realized is company wide.

-Laying off a ton of people the week before Christmas is not how to Win Friends and Influence People.
    -Your Benefits are a joke. If you are going to offer low salaries and low commissions, you need to at least have decent Health Insurance or matching 401K.

I worked at ClubCorp

Pros

Generally respected, decent pay, flexible hours.

Cons

Someone always looking over your shoulder.

From one of the best management companies to almost the worst.

I worked at ClubCorp full-time

Pros

You could help people who this company screwed find other employment

Cons

Members are very upset at how they are treated. They say KSL stands for kick em screw and leave em. There is no to little training at F and B level the golf courses are whored out to even truck driving companies for corporate outings, the clubs are in very run down condition and only repaired when something falls apart. In one case at Stonebriar the General manager knows zero about food and beverage and has a 95 % disapproval but they wont fire him because of bottom profits. This club has been completely ruined by GM who refuses to greet and talk to members.

The old Club Corp hired managers from proven companies Steak and Ale Papadeauxs and would never consider running advertisement for managers in monster jobs . com or greensheet that's why ther are very few old cca managers left. There management training program was the best in the industry as well as ala carte dining

Fun and busy working environment, always something to do.

I worked at ClubCorp

Pros

Constant interaction with members, fun culture

Cons

Employee meals could be improved

Great experience so far

Current Employee - Member Relations Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Member Relations Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at ClubCorp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work with great down to earth people

Cons

Pay could be better, but can only go up from here.

Well run culinary team, with room for improvement in other areas

Current Employee - Executive Sous Chef in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Executive Sous Chef in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at ClubCorp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of area for personal growth and creativity within the kitchen. Support from the culinary team is beyond helpful, if you're willing to work hard.

Cons

Corporate rules and ideas dont always work out as they intend, causing problems and creating mild animosity. Some department heads are unable to create a commanding presence, and are not generally taken as leaders.

Allow individual clubs to "opt out" of certain promotions, or at the very least modify them to fit the nature of the market in their own areas. What works for Texas does not necessarily work for Atlanta.

Friendly co-workers, however, not a lucrative long-term career decision because it lacks opportunities for advancement.

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ClubCorp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The members are great, a lot of perks to the job due to the nature of the business. The do tend to promote from within.

Cons

Ceilings within each department. To move up you have to put in time, and you have to be with the company for many years.

One of The Worst Company's I have Ever Worked For

Current Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ClubCorp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Holiday Bonuses and Most Holidays off

Cons

The company could care less about the employees and promoting people that deserve it and want it to management. I worked for three years and received one raise in the three years I worked for them. They like to hide things under the rug and screw the employees on money to cover up for the money that goes missing in other departments. The CEO even came to the visit the club that I worked at and ignored half the staff and didn't even say hi to anybody unless he was addressed first. I think that he was a reflection on the company as a whole that he could care less about the staff and who keeps the company going and members wanting to join. Without a kind staff and caring staff do you really think that members want to be apart of that club? I think the company needs to work more on appreciating their staff and realizing who really keeps the company running. At the end of the day all they care about is the bottom line and honesty that a terrible way to run a company.